Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB - Your old road/tri bike (for a good cause)
Quote | Reply
Slowtwitchers,

I am coaching a team of rookie triathletes for Team in Training starting in a few weeks. Many of the participants have no bike and will need to get one pretty quickly. Price is always an issue that keeps folks away from committing to the team and the fundraising that goes to crush blood cancer and provided really important patient services.

If you have a second bike that's been sitting around, that you would let go for 300-800 bucks, I would appreciate the opportunity to hook a needy athlete up with you. I have no idea what sizes I will need so the field is wide open.

Please PM me with the details of what you might have or post them here.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
USAC & USAT level 2 certified coach
Quote Reply
Re: WTB - Your old road/tri bike (for a good cause) [karma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Dave,

I just bought a new bike and I'm going to be looking to sell my current road bike. It's a 2004 Giant OCR 1 in size Large (58cm). A link to the Giant archive is here. The frame has some scratches from six years of use and transport, but the drivetrain has been well taken care of. It's a full 9sp Ultegra triple group--the crankset and FD were upgraded from the original specs listed on the archive. If you think someone in your group can use it let me know. I also have some Syntace C2 Streamliner clip-ons I used to use with it before I bought a dedicated tri bike. I could throw those in as well.

Cheers,

John
Quote Reply
Re: WTB - Your old road/tri bike (for a good cause) [karma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a frame+cranks+seatpost for sale. Pics below. 58cm, 2005 Trek 2100.

Let me know if you are interested at all and we can work out a price we can both live with.

http://picasaweb.google.com/dcsorber/1218#

Quote Reply