Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

GT Lotto Bike: TDF? Value? Interest?
Quote | Reply
(updated with pics)

I came across an interesting road bike a while back. The guy it belongs to is not a rider, but he realized it was something special when he found it and bought it to flip for some cash. He has not sold it yet.

Here are some shots of the actual bike:

Campy components for sure.

It may or may not fit me, and the asking price is a bit much for me, but I talked to him again today and decided to see if I could nail down a value or find someone else that might be interested in it.

Put a different seatpost on it today and I got to take it for a spin. Feels fast. (I couldn't do much because I am not used to the shifters and brake positions and no cleats for the pedals, but wow.)

A quick search turned up some info that this model had something to do with the Tour de France around 1999.

http://www.roadbikeaction.com/...taxid=96&cid=141

Since the current owner hasn't found a buyer, I thought maybe I'd get it out in front of the right crowd and maybe he and I could both get something off of it. I'm looking for a bike, and he and I could both use some cash.

The thing is in great shape and is super light and feels really fast. I only have a hybrid MTB myself so it is a completely different animal.

Any thoughts or inquiries appreciated.

I do NOT know the exact size, but the stand-over height is probably 30-31". My inseam is 30" and it sits snug on me...

I can dig up more details later.

-eric
Last edited by: faded_memories: Jun 5, 10 17:13
Quote Reply
Re: GT Lotto Bike: TDF? Value? Interest? [faded_memories] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that is a GT ZR 1.0, an alu frame that the belgian team LOTTO rode in the TdF in the late 90's before they went ti and switched bike sponsors to litespeed. the funky rear triangle was supposed to make it nice and stiff.

the value of that bike will depend to a large degree on what parts it is equipped with. it could have low end shimano 105 or it could have campy record. i saw one of those frames on fleabay a while back and it sold for $220 + shipping which was a real steal considering the LOOK HSC carbon fork and carbon seat post that it came with.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Re: GT Lotto Bike: TDF? Value? Interest? [Tribato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumped.

Updated with pictures and component verification.

With the component details, anyone want to put a value on this? A range even?

Thanks for looking!

-eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm guessing that's a 9-speed group? If so, you'd be better off selling the wheels, components, sepapately from the frame. There are people who will buy Campy, maybe with the wheels thrown in, the frame may be the hard sell. If you get $200 for the frame, smile. Hard to say what the Record will go for on eBay/Slowtwitch classifieds etc.
Quote Reply
Re: GT Lotto Bike: TDF? Value? Interest? [cydswipe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would say 1000. how much those the guy ask for?

Formely stef32
Quote Reply
Re: GT Lotto Bike: TDF? Value? Interest? [cydswipe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's 10-spd Campy, before they came out with the Ultra-Torque cranks. You can tell from the carbon (and the 10-spd label on the crank :-P)

The thing that concerns me about the bike is the fact that it's a GT frame with a Colnago fork. The Colnago fork is nice and all, but they don't really sell those things as aftermarket parts, and it makes me wonder how it got on there....

Re: GT Lotto Bike: TDF? Value? Interest? [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you right on about the fork. no way this is a tour bike or original tour bike.

Formely stef32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like newer components on an older frame with older wheels. Nice bike nonetheless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is probably worth about what the used group is worth.
That said- it would probably sell for way more piece by piece.
Quote Reply