Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by dmwolff
Re: My P3C - Part out or sell complete? What is best? [dmwolff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a classic tradeoff. You'll get the most money ultimately by parting it out but it takes more time and more hassle for ads, email correspondence, and shipping. If you aren't in a hurry or don't mind being stuck with some components, part it out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've sold several bikes over the ST classifieds. Many folks will have their own bars or will have bars they want to use that are different from yours. Same with saddles and pedals. Often it's the same with wheels, too.

I've usually ended up selling a frame/fork/seatpost with the headset, drivetrain, shifters, brake calipers and levers boxed (or still attached and carefully wrapped) to ship with it. The buyer provides their own bars, cables, housings, saddle and pedals. This greatly eases the burden of packing and shipping. Of course, if they want any of that extra stuff from you, you have it and can add it to the price (and find a nook or cranny to stuff it in the frame box).

Wheels are easy to sell on their own and you almost have to ship them seperately, anyway.

So ... one price for the frame/fork/headset/drivetrain (including shifters)/brakes/seatpost. Another price for the wheels. Another for the aerobars. Another for the saddle. If someone wants more than one of those things, cut 'em some slack on the price and shipping.

Forget about trying to sell cables and housing. It's just a hassle for you and probably won't turn out to be of much use to them once they get their own bars and such, anyway.

Bob C.

The "science" on any matter can never be settled until every possible variable is taken into account.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also: While retail prices are nice, expect to get about half of that or maybe less. You can look through the classifieds here and watch bump after bump of things that are priced too high. Just do a little research and make sure to post pics and a price. Some people just put it out there and want offers to come in, it is good to know, from a buyers perspective, where to start.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PayPal is great, but expect to pay - or lose as a seller - 3-3.5%.

Plus, shipping cost ? Wheels, as a set or single, $20-30 UPS.
Frame, alone or with components, $50-60 UPS.

In this economy, expect less than half of what the MSRP was. And take into consideration that the P3 is no longer 3300 - It's more like 2900 for the frameset.
Complete 2010 DA P3 : 4500

RA Cycles has 2007 P3 DA for 3400, FS : 2500 / 2009 DA 3800, FS : 2600
Quote Reply