Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Some good Karma....
Quote | Reply
Had a really nice thing happen today adn thought it was worthwhile to post. A couple of weeks ago I ventured into the CLASSIFIEDS section of this website and saw a HRM that was up for grabs at a great price. The seller and I made arrangements for the transaction and I was to send the $$ after I received the goods and return address.

Well, as it turs out HRM came in a box with a little handwritten note that said it was a gift to him some time ago and now he just wanted to pass it along to someone else as a gift. Should I find the thing sitting around in the future with some dust on it, I should do the same and pass it along again.

I can't tell you how floored I was by this kind act by a complete stranger and how much the gesture is TRULY APPRECIATED. Every since getting into the triathlon community I have had nothing but good experiences with EVERYONE and everyone is very supportive as well as kind and that makes the sport even more rewarding for me. Beyond that, there are a great cast of people here on this website.

So, to Androgynotopia (formerly known as Joe Wiley), I just wanted to publicly say thanks and let everyone know what a great thing you did. Not just for the HRM, but for the principal and thought behind your gift. What a great way to ring in the approaching holiday season. I'll make sure to "pay it forward" but, be forewarned, I will also be looking for ways to return the gesture as well.

Every best wish,

Mark

P.S. Now, does anyone have a P3 they want to "pay it forward" with? :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Some good Karma.... [SemperTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is one more example of many what a truly fine community this is on line. This forum is populated by many fine people.

Some of my best friends and assosciates are on this forum. Some I have met and see in person frequently, others I have never interacted with except on the forum

This is an odd little paradise in the vast sea that is the Internet.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Casey [ In reply to ]
Re: Some good Karma.... [SemperTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's awesome.... very cool of Mr. Wiley

Now if you want, I have a P3 I can give you. I'm not in the US, but I can arrange the transaction through my American agent. What I will do is send you a cashier's check for $5000 along with the bike (so you can buy wheels, pedals, etc.). I just ask you buy these things as soon as possible and to Western Union me the money you don't need. I look forward to doing business with you

;)

Very nice - good on both of you

------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://pavlov.psyc.queensu.ca/~psyc382/rockgold.html
(Norman Rockwell's "Do Unto Others")
Quote Reply
Re: Some good Karma.... [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some think this is a place of no redeeming qualities but once you wade through the political nonsense, the heated discussions, name calling and personal insults, you'll find we're really a pretty decent group

See I think that is part of what makes this room so fun. It is like arguing with your brothers (and sisters when they venture in here;) but on the next thread you may agree but even if you don't it rarely stays heated between people and I see more apologies here for "going off" than I do in "real life".

Right on guys
Quote Reply
Re: Some good Karma.... [jhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Now if you want, I have a P3 I can give you. I'm not in the US, but I can arrange the transaction through my American agent. What I will do is send you a cashier's check for $5000 along with the bike (so you can buy wheels, pedals, etc.). I just ask you buy these things as soon as possible and to Western Union me the money you don't need. I look forward to doing business with you "

LMFAO!!!! witty!
Quote Reply
Re: Some good Karma.... [jhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, that depends, what size is it?
Quote Reply