Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Where is the Outrage? Oh it is the French so it is different?
Quote | Reply
American soldiers "torture" people at abu graib or a Marine shoots a terrorist while clearing a room and the world freaks out, but the French military opens fire on a peaceful, unarmed crowd and what did you hear or see about it?

I haven't seen Mr Chirac out condemning it? Oh Messier Chirac where are you? Paging Chirac.. Mr. Jacques Chirac... Mr Anan, Mr Kofi Annan. Here are the (what appear to be unedited) videos. I am sorry they are so big at about 100mb each but I thought it was worth it. Sorry if you are on dial up.

http://radioci.embaci.com/...ootingcivilians2.mpg

http://radioci.embaci.com/...ootingcivilians1.mpg

I just want to know why CBS et al are not doing any features on this? Where is the outrage over this? These people were not even in a war zone for God sakes. Someone please explain this to me!

Quote Reply
Post deleted by Francois [ In reply to ]
Re: Where is the Outrage? Oh it is the French so it is different? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Francois, come on. I see French soldiers shooting into a crowd and people with holes. What am I supposed to make of that? The one video has a person with, as near as I can tell, no head!

2. Not looking to justify anything. Just wondering why people who are so quick to call foul on the US are not screaming here? Any thoughts on that?

3. Never said that they were all angels, but they were clearly firing into the crowd (including women) and I didn't see any threat. EVEN if there was a threat, it doesn't justify shooting into a crowd.

I just want the light to be shown in all the dark corners of the world not just where the US happens to be standing. If you are going to hold the US soldier to these standards then why not everyone else?

the peaceful unarmed crowd in Ivory Coast has raped several european women, one man has his eye ripped off by some of the unarmed crowd that were saying among other things 'let's kill the french'... Ah, so this was out of fear or retaliation? Why when a Marine shoots an Iraqi who was fighting in the confilct is that Marine a murderer, but this event is ok or justified because someone was raped?
Quote Reply
Re: Where is the Outrage? Oh it is the French so it is different? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just like those "peaceful" sons of Hussein, Sadaam himself, or that wonderful inner circle of his profiled in the deck of cards that the UN wanted to continue to trust....innocents who weren't a threat to the world...

But French troops are justified for the very same reason.

Shameful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. you don't see s..t.
2. France did/does a lot of bad things, don't use this as an argument to justify some actions of some us soldiers in iraq

3. the peaceful unarmed crowd in Ivory Coast has raped several european women, one man has his eye ripped off by some of the unarmed crowd that were saying among other things 'let's kill the french'...

among civilians were also american citizens...

You have lost all credibilty to comment on anything political.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Francois [ In reply to ]
Post deleted by Casey [ In reply to ]
Re: Where is the Outrage? Oh it is the French so it is different? [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
If you stick to that mantra you will do just fine.

Casey also forgot to remind you to keep drinking the Koo-Aid that he drinks.

Continue that and you'll see things with the myopic view that he does...guaranteed.
Quote Reply
Re: Where is the Outrage? Oh it is the French so it is different? [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Casey, what does the US military have to do with this? What does Iraq have to do with this? The fact remains that the French "peace keepers" mowed down civilians in a crowd and there is no front page story, no 60 Minutes, no Dan Rather????
Quote Reply
Re: Where is the Outrage? Oh it is the French so it is different? [5280] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
links that will stream the video. It is from a Swiss newscast apparently and there is an interview with a French official but don't speak French. Anyone do a general translation?

http://real.xobix.ch/...amp;end=00:13:10.167

http://real.xobix.ch/...amp;end=00:13:10.167
Quote Reply
Re: Where is the Outrage? Oh it is the French so it is different? [5280] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
why should dan rather or 60 minutes give a flying eff about french actions like that? i don't know what happened in this protest to cause this result. if it was indeed french military firing on innocent people then i still don't particularly care. that's french business that they have to deal with themselves. if i were french or living in france, i'd care more about the actions of the french military. as an american, i don't see how it affects anything. i worry about americans and how they carry themselves abroad and how that might affect myself or americans in general....

f/k/a mclamb6
Quote Reply
Re: Where is the Outrage? Oh it is the French so it is different? [mclamb6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
why should dan rather or 60 minutes give a flying eff about french actions like that? Well because I would consider the shooting of civilians by a peace keeping force a newsworthy story, guess I am wrong. Because it is every bit of an "atrocity" as abu graib which they couldn't stop talking about, guess I am wrong.

if it was indeed french military firing on innocent people then i still don't particularly care Excellent statement. Who cares? Remind me again, do you feel the same way about abu graib or the Marine shooting?

that's french business Well in case you didn't notice in the last few months, France and other friends in Europe see it fit to be concerned with our business so I just figure we should help them keep there issues in order.

as an american, i don't see how it affects anything It doesnt' effect you

worry about americans and how they carry themselves abroad and how that might affect myself or americans in general.... I do to , but we are held accountable for everything we do and here is France, who denounces everything we do, killing civilians in a peaceful protest.

I just want some balance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you are barking up the wrong tree man. the balance needs to come from the french media. is it a newsworthy story? sure. so, i'd expect some coverage from american news outlets, but i don't see it as a balance issue.

i care about abu graib and the marine shooting because those incidents involve americans and american behavior. we need to do it cleaner and better than the rest because of how america holds itself out to the rest of the world.

i just don't see the need for indignation about this story. unless you feel like some of the news outlets should report this story and then tell the french media/gov't to shut up. you might have a point there. but your implication seems to be that there is some sort of unbalanced, biased reporting for the lack of coverage on this issue and i just don't see that aspect of it given it's french troops we are discussing.

f/k/a mclamb6
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fun

French Kiss Cartoon

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! (hee-hee....sniff)
Quote Reply
Re: Where is the Outrage? Oh it is the French so it is different? [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Obviously, I have no life. So I take it out on "ze French" ;-)

Quote Reply