Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB zipp aero brakes
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: WTB zipp aero brakes [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brakes or brake levers for the bullhorns? I have the latter in a complete set that I can sell or not.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Re: WTB zipp aero brakes [-Tex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was a set recently on eBay, but they aren't cheap by any means. I've been trying to track down a carbon cover for my Zipp 2001 but their tough to find. Good luck.

" Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. - Enzo Ferrari "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've seen a few of them go up for sale on eBay within the past month or so. Keep a look out, they may pop up again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not the ones you want, especially not for your P3.

Beg for a set of MRC's. Probably cheaper, and much better brakes in general. Can work on the back of a P3 (the Zipps do not unless you cut one down significantly and remove the carbon cover), but it takes a bit of work.
jmhtx and sandbaggio both have a set that they have offered me.

Chris
Quote Reply
Re: WTB zipp aero brakes [Smoiniye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Ster Bunnyman made a few carbon covers..he might still have one he could part with (haven't seen the bunny in ages though)
Quote Reply
Re: WTB zipp aero brakes [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I think Ster Bunnyman made a few carbon covers..he might still have one he could part with (haven't seen the bunny in ages though)
That would be great, any idea how I can get in touch with him?

Quote Reply
Re: WTB zipp aero brakes [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I have it from a good source (last night) that he may pop up again....I sure hope he does.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: WTB zipp aero brakes [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found that if I wanted to stop my bike somewhere within a few miles of where I needed, the MRC's were not the brake calipers to use. They were aero and all but not for use to stop a bike. : )

The Zipp brakes are OK stopping power but are a bit of a pain to adjust. The ones on eBay recently were put up by Dave, former Zipp employee that made all the frames and did all the warrranty work on them.

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: WTB zipp aero brakes [596] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. I've actually found the MRC's to be the best stopping center pull I've tried. Maybe it's just a weight thing though, as I am 140lbs.

Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you don't need no stinkin' brakes they jus' get in thuh way an slow yew down
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still looking for rear Zipp 2001 brake? I think I've found someone selling a complete rear brake assembly. If you'd be willing to take the brake assembly sans carbon cover we can work something out.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a spare 2001 Zipp center-pull rear brake including carbon cover. Is that what you are looking for?

Brian
Quote Reply