Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rice frontrunner to fill Powell Vacancy
Quote | Reply
Looks like Rice is the most likely candidate to fill Powell's State position.

I personally like the choice. Rice is a sharp lady who carries herself well. She appears to garner alot of respect in the administration and abroad. She'll fill the shoes well and represent the USA well as we head into a new term with Bush at the helm. I'm glad she's staying with the administration.

http://www.cnn.com/...15/powell/index.html
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Casey [ In reply to ]
Re: Rice frontrunner to fill Powell Vacancy [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She wants Defense and is willing to wait another year, if that's all that Rumsfeld wants to stay on for.
Quote Reply
Re: Rice frontrunner to fill Powell Vacancy [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sec States serve at the pleasure and direction of the President and administrations they serve. They don't set foreign policy, they enact it.

In fact, the President is most likely to listen to his National Security Advisor on issues relating to foreign policy. The NSA is just that, an advisor who has no real duties but to counsel the President.

Out of all of the Cabinet positions, Sec State is mostly a listen and carry this out rather than giving advice or opinion.

Powell most likely hated that part of the job. It was most likely a great source of frustration to take orders from Cheney and Rumsfeld and not be listened to by the President.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She's IN!...
President Bush will nominate Condoleezza Rice to replace Colin Powell as Secretary of State.

Quote Reply
Re: Rice frontrunner to fill Powell Vacancy [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fantastic replacement for Powell. Congrats on the new job..she'll do well.

She shouldn't have a problem getting the nod from Congress either.
Quote Reply
Re: Rice frontrunner to fill Powell Vacancy [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
She's a yes lady. Rumsfeld and Cheney will like that.
The more I think about that, the more I agree. However, I think she's also a smart lady. I don't think she's going to challenge the president, but I also don't tihnk she'll roll over for Rummy.

She's definitely smart, and not a suprising choice. Good for her. My only issue is that I think she's too easily rattled, and as others mentioned is a bit of a yes lady. Colin was amazing in that you could kick him in the crotch and he'd still maintain his composure. When Condi gets pissed she visibly shakes and her voice shakes and she has a hard time getting her point across. Mainly because the audience just notices, "damn, that really pissed her off."

I do like her, I'm just not sure of her Secretary of STATE qualifications. She's better than Wolfie any day of the week. I couldn't believe it when I heard he wanted the job.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What a little hottie.

Quote Reply