Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pilot School Dropouts (They Could Be Flying Even Now In Some 3rd World Country ;-)
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Pilot School Dropouts (They Could Be Flying Even Now In Some 3rd World Country ;-) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where do you find this stuff :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Pilot School Dropouts (They Could Be Flying Even Now In Some 3rd World Country ;-) [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Emails from fellow airline managers and employees. We pass this stuff around like crazy. I could put stuff up here about planes that'd turn your hair white. ;-))

Most of these photos came from what we call "ADITS" (Aircraft Damage Investigations). When an aircraft gets damaged, we do a complete internal investigation, with photos etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Pilot School Dropouts (They Could Be Flying Even Now In Some 3rd World Country ;-) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is what happens when you fill the all metric 767 using the english specfic gravity factor for kerosene. A very expensive glider. :-) Flamed out at 26,000' over Manitoba. Thank God the pilot's hobby was gliding. :) Can't say much about his math skills though. :-) Only slight damage to noise and landing gear.
Quote Reply
Re: Pilot School Dropouts (They Could Be Flying Even Now In Some 3rd World Country ;-) [Trevor S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that the old now defunct race track in Gimli?
Quote Reply
Re: Pilot School Dropouts (They Could Be Flying Even Now In Some 3rd World Country ;-) [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Is that the old now defunct race track in Gimli?
Yes, and that would be the famous Gimli Glider.
Quote Reply
Re: Pilot School Dropouts (They Could Be Flying Even Now In Some 3rd World Country ;-) [Trevor S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The fueling company and flight dispatch should've caught that via examination of the fuel slip and the input figures from dispatch to the cockpit via ACARS.

The pilot probably just ASS-U-ME(d) that everything was okey-dokey and you saw what happened.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's the story with that small plane (Cessna?) that landed on the frozen lake? Any survivors? Shitty way to go.

==================================
but I can deal with the angels, cause it ain’t me they’re here to claim. it’s a good night for blowing ‘em off til some other day
Quote Reply
Re: Pilot School Dropouts (They Could Be Flying Even Now In Some 3rd World Country ;-) [minny expat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They all walked away from it. Total of 3 (pilot, 2 pax). I don't post pictures in which loss of life or grave injury resulted, especially as this was a humorous post. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The fueling company and flight dispatch should've caught that via examination of the fuel slip and the input figures from dispatch to the cockpit via ACARS.

The pilot probably just ASS-U-ME(d) that everything was okey-dokey and you saw what happened.
Actually the FQIS wasn't working so the ground and flight crew had to resort to dripping the fuel tanks and hand calculation of fuel quantiy. The ground grew determined 11500 litres of fuel in the tank. However the flight crew used 1.77 "pounds/litre" SG instead of 0.8 Kg/litre SG to calculate fuel mass. They left Ottawa thinking they had 20000 kilos of fuel while in fact they only had around 9100 kilos. Since their guages weren't working they manually entered in 20000 litres into the FMC to track fuel usage.
Last edited by: Trevor S: Nov 16, 04 6:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ooooh, that's even worse. I wonder what happened to the flight crew? That's an egregious error.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Ooooh, that's even worse. I wonder what happened to the flight crew? That's an egregious error.

This happened in the early 80's. Captain Pearson flew until he retired in early 90's the Co-pilot I believe still flies for Air Canada.

Like any accident there were lots of small highly improbable incidents that lead to the major problem. So I don't think the flight crew were solely to blame.

Here's a good link for more info: http://www.casa.gov.au/.../fsa/03jul/22-27.pdf

Cheers!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't they do a movie on this?
Quote Reply