Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2008 Trek TTX 9.0 Medium
Quote | Reply
Bike is in very good condition, no idea how many miles. Has a couple small chips in paint. I got the bike and swapped it over to SRAM Red. I recently bought a new '09 Trek TTX 9.0 and swapped many components from the '09 to the '08. I just had my LBS install new cables/housing, re-wrap bars, and give it a fresh tune-up. Ready to ride!!

Check out more photo's below-

http://s264.photobucket.com/...?albumview=slideshow

For Sale-

2008 Trek TTX 9.0 Medium(56cm)-

Bontrager TT Saddle
Dura-Ace 10 speed bar-end shifters
Profile Design AeroLite AeroBars
105 Crankset (175mm) ('09 w/less than 50 miles)
105 Front & Rear Derailleurs ('09 w/less than 50 miles)
105 Chain & Cassette (11-25) ('09 w/less than 50 miles)
Trek Generic Brakeset ('09 w/less than 50 miles)
Bontrager Select Aero Wheels/Race Lite 700x23 Tires

$2200 packed and shipped by LBS to lower 48
Last edited by: Nitrox73: Sep 20, 09 14:41
Quote Reply
Re: 2008 Trek TTX 9.0 Medium [Nitrox73] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump for the Monday crowd
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Out of curiosity....do you know the saddle height you have set up in that pic? I'm right between a L and a Medium at the Trek store, but the bikes there had way cut down steerer tubes.

Would love to know what your saddle height is in the pic from center of bb to top center of saddle.....because your bar drop looks more than doable than the bikes at the Trek LBS.

Do you know round abouts what the STA is in that pic? Was that your race setup as far as saddle height, fore/aft, bar drop?

Sorry to pummel you with all these questions, but the Trek shop is about as useful as a screened door on a submarine.....perpetuating the LBS reputation.
Last edited by: ride2eat: Sep 21, 09 14:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
interested in frameset-would you sell only that?
Quote Reply
Re: 2008 Trek TTX 9.0 Medium [ride2eat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This was my race set-up

Quote Reply
Re: 2008 Trek TTX 9.0 Medium [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry but no interest in selling as a frameset.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seat height as shown is 77.5cm. You could raise the seatpost quite a bit, plus it's got a 90mm stem on top of the spacers so you could easily adjust out.
Last edited by: Nitrox73: Sep 21, 09 15:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you ever decide to pice this out I very well may bite. The cranks do me no good....I need 170's...don't need another set of training wheels.....use an Adamo....

I'm have no doubts you will find a home for this steed, but I'm like every other dude in the sport....I have WAY too much gear already and only need what I need.

Just wanted to put the interest out there in case you get to a point where you want to dump it.

Sweet, sexy ride!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only going to sell it complete. Afraid it'll go to eBay this weekend if I don't get any serious offers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You will sell it on ebay I'm sure....a lot more exposure. Sorry would love to, but the last thing I need is another box full of components that do me no good.....we all have that problem to some extent. You will get 'er dumped on ebay.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My offer still stands from are previous emails. Sorry if it somehow offended you!

As I said, getting 60% of original value is about the best you will do. Look at the Trek TTX's that have not sold recently on ebay. They were being offered for less than half of original value (with no paint chips on the frames) and still were not selling.

Good luck on ebay! I hope you get what you want out of the bike because I have been there.
Last edited by: skyman: Sep 23, 09 16:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Open to serious offers before going to eBay this weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My offer was serious.....it was only a few hundred less than your asking price of $2k. I was willing to negotiate from my price as well, not to mention pick the bike up in person and pay cash (no ebay or pay pal fees for you to deal with either). But that is certainly your decision and I respect that.

Again, good luck on ebay.
Quote Reply
Re: 2008 Trek TTX 9.0 Medium [skyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's scary to look on ebay. I just searched under Equinox and TTX and saw maybe 18-20 bikes.....many ending in the next 2 days and there were bids on only one for a small alum. Equinox frame/fork only around $450....One is a gorgeous black TTX completely trick and loaded with freaking Dura Ace for 1,800 and not ONE bid.

What the crap? It's certainly a buyers market X 10!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It's scary to look on ebay. I just searched under Equinox and TTX and saw maybe 18-20 bikes.....many ending in the next 2 days and there were bids on only one for a small alum. Equinox frame/fork only around $450....One is a gorgeous black TTX completely trick and loaded with freaking Dura Ace for 1,800 and not ONE bid.

Most are overpriced thus they are not selling. People just don't get that used bikes DO NOT have good resale value. I have learned that myself the hard way in the past. You can buy a brand new 2009 9.0 TTX now for $2400 as Trek has slashed their prices since the new 2010 models are out. That black TTX on ebay has a reserved price of $2100 and it is 2008 model (and the HED wheels are not included but instead comes with the original Bontrager Aero). There was the one earlier in the week with the Flying Ace project one paint job that the guy paid almost $9000 for and he could not sell it at the reserved price of $4000. That is 45% of it's original value and still did not sell, although that bike was not overpriced like a lot of them are.

Otherwise, good luck trying to sell a used bike for more than it is worth.
Last edited by: skyman: Sep 24, 09 16:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yea I know I was at Trek yesterday and was wondering why I would even consider buying a used carbon frame with no warranty when I can get one for......lower than what you said even. Can't remember which drivetrain was on it, but it was 2,059 brand new and the only thing I would have changed on it was the saddle.

This is why I'm leaving towards something like a Leader then, if bikes have no reasale then why pay top $....just buy a cellar dwellar on price that performs well. I watched a guy do a 53 and change TT in Cincy on a Leader last summer with a Renn cover and some kind of deep section front....they will go fast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Most are overpriced thus they are not selling. People just don't get that used bikes DO NOT have good resale value. I have learned that myself the hard way in the past. You can buy a brand new 2009 9.0 TTX now for $2400 as Trek has slashed their prices since the new 2010 models are out. That black TTX on ebay has a reserved price of $2100 and it is 2008 model (and the HED wheels are not included but instead comes with the original Bontrager Aero). There was the one earlier in the week with the Flying Ace project one paint job that the guy paid almost $9000 for and he could not sell it at the reserved price of $4000. That is 45% of it's original value and still did not sell, although that bike was not overpriced like a lot of them are.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I am sure Trek has dropped the prices of the 2009 even more since I checked a few weeks back. In reality, now is really not the time to be trying to sell a used bike, especially for what people are asking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had no idea I could get a new TTX with a warranty for that price. I even asked the guy if he would sell it w/o the Bontrager's since I already have a great set of Race Lite's on my Madone.....he is going to get back with me on the price, but I'm sure it will drop the $ well below 2K w/o the wheels.

Even so, I still may build up a Leader from the ground up if I can get someone to answer the freakin' phone at their shop....it's been 5 days since I first called!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Thanks

I really do hope you can get what you want out of your bike, I really do. If you can get $2200 for it, I say more power to you!

I am curious though as to why my offer of $1650 was not considered "serious"?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I had no idea I could get a new TTX with a warranty for that price. I even asked the guy if he would sell it w/o the Bontrager's since I already have a great set of Race Lite's on my Madone.....he is going to get back with me on the price, but I'm sure it will drop the $ well below 2K w/o the wheels.

Even so, I still may build up a Leader from the ground up if I can get someone to answer the freakin' phone at their shop....it's been 5 days since I first called!
Exactly. Why buy a used one when you can get a brand new one for the exact same price?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never said yours wasn't. The offers of $1000-$1200 weren't nor were the trade offers. If you're willing to pick it up and pay cash great, shoot me an e-mail and I'll discuss it. hubbard73@wowway.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do bad you don't ride a small, I have a buddy with a '07 9.5 with basically 0 miles, one chip, would likely sell for $1650 plus shipping.

I really do hope you can get what you want out of your bike, I really do. If you can get $2200 for it, I say more power to you!

I am curious though as to why my offer of $1650 was not considered "serious"?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you send me an e-mail, I have your address on my laptop which is 200 miles from here.
Quote Reply