Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hitler's medical history
Quote | Reply
Discovery had a special on this last week. This dude was SICKER than I thought! He slept with his mommy for years. Caught having sex with men during WWI. He liked his first "girlfriend" (his 18 yr old niece, by the way) to piss and shit on him so he could get aroused. No evidence that he ever has sex with a woman....but he got orgasms during his fanatical speeches. He was a methamphetamine junkie. And he had Parkinson’s disease and probably only had 3-4 years to live when he started invading Europe.

A lot of his decisions were rooted in these things. He rounded up and killed homosexuals and sick/disabled people (maybe because he hated himself for being both). He made a lot of hasty decisions, like trying to invade Russia, probably because he didn't have long to live and wanted to take over Europe before he died. His drug addiction and disease effected his brain the last few years to where he couldn't make any decisions.

Interesting show....
Quote Reply
Re: Hitler's medical history [TxDude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Discovery had a special on this last week. This dude was SICKER than I thought! He slept with his mommy for years. Caught having sex with men during WWI. He liked his first "girlfriend" (his 18 yr old niece, by the way) to piss and shit on him so he could get aroused. No evidence that he ever has sex with a woman....but he got orgasms during his fanatical speeches. He was a methamphetamine junkie. And he had Parkinson’s disease and probably only had 3-4 years to live when he started invading Europe.

A lot of his decisions were rooted in these things. He rounded up and killed homosexuals and sick/disabled people (maybe because he hated himself for being both). He made a lot of hasty decisions, like trying to invade Russia, probably because he didn't have long to live and wanted to take over Europe before he died. His drug addiction and disease effected his brain the last few years to where he couldn't make any decisions.

Interesting show....
It IS interesting. What was the name of the show and what evidence did they produce? I've got a big stack of Hitler books and most of these assertions are either new to me, or have been refuted by historians.

Hitler had an overprotective mother to whom he was devoted (he was utterly distraught upon her death) but it's a big stretch to go from there to assert they were sleeping together.

The undinism/coprophilia story, from what I've read, was based on an account Strasser (one of Hitler's rivals within the Nazi party) gave of a conversation he supposedly had with Hitler's neice- with whom he was certainly having some sort of sexual relationship. But Strasser is not exactly impartial.

No evidence he ever slept with a woman? Did this documentary mention Mimi Reiter? Historaians don't seem to be able to agree regarding Hitler's sexuality. Alan Bullock thought there must have been some sort of deparavity. John Lukacs thinks Hitler was sexually quite normal. As a side note, Stalin's sex life seemed to be fairly normal, although he did drive his second wife to suicide, after all...

Yes, he did have Parkinson's and he did believe he would die before accomplishing all his goals.

If you're interested in Hitler's medical/psychological history I'd recommend Dr Fritz Redlich's book "Hitler: Diagnosis of a Destructive Prophet". Includes a list of all medications/drugs Hitler too, based on his personal physician's records. Redlich refutes the belief that Hitler's drug use affected his ability to make decisions.

So, I'd be interested in hearing more of what evidence that documentary used. Let's not forget that in a lot of ways Hitler was like the rest of us....
Last edited by: Mister G: Nov 13, 04 18:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This kind of stuff has been speculated for many years but has never been proven AFAIK. He was an evil character, but there seems to be attempts to vilify him even more with accusations like this. I'd suspect most of this isn't true, but then I haven't seen the Discovery documentary and they're usually quite good. What are their sources of this information?

Nevertheless, he was still one very sick puppy.
Quote Reply
Re: Hitler's medical history [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The more depraved you can make someone like Hitler seem, the less like him you feel, and the less likely it seems that someone like him could ever gain power again. I don't know what the real deal is, but I'm always extremely suspect when "historians" can only seem to find weird, perverted and abnormal behaviours to talk about. Most people are more normal than that, even the worst of us.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Hitler's medical history [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't 5 or 6 of his female relatives go insane and or have pani attacks after they spent time with him later on in his life?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This mad man from hell , got the world into the largest war in history . Millions of good people destroyed But hey ,there is a good side.

As the last of the people, who were there, die off . The pass over boys get color full with their stories. In a few years, I am sure you will find DvDs of him guy goose stepping nude around V2 rocket, with SS wearing pink leder hoschen

Just thank him for the NASA scientists, improved jet aircraft, sweep wings, helicopter designs, VW bug he personally added drawing to, Military weapons (M 60 is 90% SS drawings ), chemical, medicines, color fast fabric, submarines.

So if you ever rode in a bug or airliner ,talked over a satellite connection,wondered how they got a man on the moon, ,,,,,,,, just crack open a beer and raise your arm up .

Mad man or not.
Quote Reply
Re: Hitler's medical history [Helitech] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Mad man or not. "

It is true that there is a positive side to some of accomplishments and scientific advancements that came out of the Hitler regime. Those you've named plus the autobahn system come to mind.

But I would have a very hard time raising a glass to the man when you consider the horrible and cruel human suffering that was directly caused by him and his fellow Nazis.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
    The Nazi's expliotes, are far less than the Russians who killed millions of anybody they could find . They just kept worse records and killed most or all witnesses. A lot of mass starvation & shoot two in a row to save bullets, Ditch in the forest massacres. Nazi's NOT EVEN CLOSE . Sorry
Quote Reply
Re: Hitler's medical history [Mister G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The show was "Hitler's Medial History"...or something close to that effect. They had some eye witness stuff about the injections...and the symptoms Hitler showed in the news reels looked like Parkinson's.

Don't know about the sex life stuff or what their sources were....

The part I find interesting is addiction and fatal illness probably played a significant role in his defeat. What would have happened if he didn't have these things impacting his decisions?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Nazi's NOT EVEN CLOSE . Sorry "

It's true Stalin was just as bad as Hitler in the suffering he caused. This seems to be a characteristic of most totalitarian regimes. Are you trying to white wash the concentration camp murders of six million Jews, Gypsies and political dissenters?

Have you ever personally known anybody who survived the Nazi concentration camps and listened to their stories of what they went through. I have - so don't try to down play what was one of the greatest crimes against humanity. It was very real.

The lesson that should be learned is that if such horrible things could happen in a civilized country like Germany, then we must always be on guard that it never happen again anywhere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't believe there's some sort of contest over who killed more of whom here. Once you get into the millions of victims, it doesn't make much sense to worry about who killed more. Both were horrible.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Nazis may have killed fewer in their death camps than the Soviets and ChiComs killed in theirs, but Nazism was still a more vile form of totalitarianism because of its dedication to trying to eradicate one religious group from the face of Europe. There were parts of Europe where more than 90% of the Jews were killed during the war.

I think that we do a good job of teaching our children about the Nazi death camps. We probably need do a better job of teaching them about the horrors of the gulags, the Cultural Revolution and the Killing Fields along with the slightly worse horrors of the Nazi death camps.

As far as Hitler's sex life, or lack thereof, goes, it really doesn't matter. Nothing that he did with or to a few individuals could make him a more hideous human being than he was for what he did to tens of millions. I think that we do a disservice to future generations by speculating about his sex life or making the Nazis look like a bunch of idiots in TV and the movies. They were very warped and serious about their killing. And they were helped by the many ordinary Germans that were punished enough by the Treaty of Versailles (1919) that they were more than willing to allow others to die so that they could get some revenge upon the French and British.

And, maybe we should wonder why Arafat's "honor guard" at his funeral was goosestepping? Just a coincidence? I don't think so.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No way can anyone down play concentration camps, The extermination of 6 million innocent people, I think you, myself, & slowguy,have first hand knowledge of people / stories / that you wont see on the history channel. My whole point is the fact that, records, buildings, survivors, are MORE available in the Nazi's case. Where whole time zones were starved to death buy stopping trains and food supplies to Russia, before WW2 and after. I saw a one hour documentary once, thats it. I am going to try to write this without any anti-Semitism, It seems since the beginning of time, Romans, Greeks, Russian, Germans, all had some issues with Hebrews. I can see Hitler as a mad man, But which play book did the Romans and Russian get their idea's from. One guy posted six neighbor country's want to wipe Israel off the map, Why is that. If six of my neighbors told me they wanted to kill me, I would ask WHAT IN THE HELL, AM I GOING WRONG. It seems the, Serbs, Kurds, Russians, Croatians, don't warrant any history channel airplay / more than an hour , for their suffering or atrocities. I am just sick of one sided "My suffering was worse than yours "shit. " because we own a network. With the slogan "may we never forget " yeah its running like an Infomercial on a 2 hour loop.you can see it a 3 am. They are trying to forget everbody else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WOW. Please relax. I hope you are not feeling personally attacked, but it seems that you do. The reason we are discussing Hitler's attrocities is because that was the topic of the show. No one is claiming that Hitler was the only one of his ilk. We just have lots of footage and can make lots of episodes regarding Nazi Germany. I would be quite interested to watch more documentaries about the Russians stopping supply trains and shooting 2 people with 1 bullet. They just don't seem to air as many as they do of Hitler. I believe it is important to remember what has happened in the world, however distasteful it may be, so that it may never happen again. As was previously stated, once you get into the millions of individuals murdered for no reason, there is no reason to quibble about who killed the most. But the systematic way that Hitler carried out his plan is remarkable (and not in a good way).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, I see where you're trying to go with this: 1)Why is it we only hear about the how the Jews suffered 2)Why have they suffered in so much throughout history.

My cousin is married to a Jewish guy who was brought up in a very orthodox family although he is now quite secular himself. One night we had a discussion about why Jewish people have had persecution problems since the beginning of time. His response was because Jews have always meet three criteria and have never learned from #3.

1) a minority

2) a successful minority

3) always tried to be a group exclusive of the main group

This makes seems to make sense to me from a historical perspective. I've discussed this with a few other Jewish friends and an ex girlfriend and they've tended to be in agreement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) a minority

2) a successful minority

3) always tried to be a group exclusive of the main group

This makes seems to make sense to me from a historical perspective. I've discussed this with a few other Jewish friends and an ex girlfriend and they've tended to be in agreement.

Yeah that sounds about right , I hate to stereotype any group, Their are tons of poor and outcast members of this group.

One story comes to mind, for 3 to 4 hundred years before the mid 1900s most of the world, made deals -- contracts - large sales ,with a handshake ( still done by Jews in the diamond business) and or a shot of whiskey. The 1920-1940 this was changed, many of the above group went to a poor version of contracts, where numbers, quality of material, seemed to change. Their word was no good anymore. The four stories I know of were first hand , Again I hate to stereotype.

It seems we have a war every 20 - 40 yrs ,,, It takes us that long to forget. 18 yr olds are to young to remember.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I hate to stereotype any group, Their are tons of poor and outcast members of this group."

My ancestory is Scottish/Irish/French. Tons of poor outcast memebers of those groups to. Want to stereotype - drunken Irish, cheapskate Scots and the French...well whatever.

So what's your point?
Quote Reply
Re: Hitler's medical history [josieb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"As was previously stated, once you get into the millions of individuals murdered for no reason, there is no reason to quibble about who killed the most".

I don't mean it to be a body count type thing, Just fair across the board reporting. A young person would think ,those Nazi,s are the worst ever, nobody else ever did that sort of thing, after a few hour of watching TV.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The point is the whole world thinks, Hitler & Germany woke up one day and said, Hey today looks like a good day to start exterminating 6 million Jews / Gypsies. I am not condoning it , so easy.
Quote Reply