Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: My Man Jesse's At It Again ;-) Comments in Dublin, Ireland (yesterday) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is pathetic. It's hard to refute because it's false.

You said liberals never wanted to fight.

I gave you a whole list of liberals that voted to authorize war with Afghanistan.

Now you're trying to throw in the election, Iraq, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: My Man Jesse's At It Again ;-) Comments in Dublin, Ireland (yesterday) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
-- The left likes to have it both ways, IF the war goes well - and a lot of them voted for the war with Iraq, right? But if the war doesn't go so well, many of the very same Democrats who voted for the war resolution in the first place then become the leading spokespersons for the antiwar position (Kerry, Edwards, Kennedy, Feinstein, Biden.....the list is endless, and probably encompasses almost all of your little link).

Isn't the difference really the ability to re-assess the war when we have new information (ie. no WMDs, no Al Qaeda links)?

Are those people you reference really against the war, or are they against the isolationist fashion in which it is being conducted?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BK, this isn't directed at you personally. I agree with you more than most, but this time I think you're missing the point.

That's not courage, that's the stupidity of this ideology of death. She's dead now, and for what? Something she truly believed in? Great. So much for her family, her friends, her future. All gone.

People, everything is not a revolution. Some things are worth dying for, like life, liberty and the pursuit of happieness, but not every gosh darned thing. Especially if it means you are going to die.

Here's a simple question. Would you die for me. I doubt it. I can tell you straight up that I would NOT give my life so that you could live. That's assinine. You really don't know me other than what I tell you. Everything else is assumption.

Live for yourself and your immediate family. Start there. Then when someone tries to take away your freedom of choice to due so, then fight back because you must, or live on your knees.

Sean
Quote Reply
Re: My Man Jesse's At It Again ;-) Comments in Dublin, Ireland (yesterday) [haystack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fortunately for you, there are thousands of servicemen and women who don't think like you do.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: My Man Jesse's At It Again ;-) Comments in Dublin, Ireland (yesterday) [rb5980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your response and challenge was pathetic because I ANSWERED IT. Most of those screeching buffoons on the Dem side that you linked to are now on record as being antiwar, and were so from the get-go, truth be told, once they found out that the President was going to ACTUALLY go to war, which I guess is something you guys on the left NEVER thought we'd really do.

Their votes FOR the war, and then their patently wussy opposition to it once it actually began, is one of the major reasons the electorate didn't feel safe putting national defense into the hands of the Democrats. It ties in perfectly with my supposition, and the two aren't severable.

But hey, maybe all the pointy-headed Jane Smileys out there have somehow drunk enough Kool-Aid to totally convince themselves that it wasn't the liberal sqeamishness about defending this country that got them ran out of town on the electoral rail. Rather, they've deluded themselves into believing that it was all due to some red state obsession with Jesus. Again, PUH-LEEZE.

"And That's The Way It Is....."

T
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
>>>Your response and challenge was pathetic because I ANSWERED IT.

No you didn't. You said the left wouldn't stand up and fight for anything anymore, and that they lacked courage.

I pointed out that the vast majority of the most liberal members in the house and senate voted for the use of force in Afghanistan.

This proves liberals will fight if they believe in their cause.

>>>Most of those screeching buffoons on the Dem side that you linked to are now on record as being antiwar

Nice assertion, and way to go with the name calling. But where's your proof?

I'll make it easy on you. Instead of finding "Most of those screeching buffoons", why don't you just find 10% that have since said we shouldn't have gone to Afghanistan?

>>>Their votes FOR the war, and then their patently wussy opposition to it once it actually began,

I think you're talking about Iraq here.

To disprove your assertion that liberals wouldn't fight for anything, all I need to do is show 1 instance where they did fight for something. But you know that from your JD degree, right?

Well, I've shown you one instance where close to 100% of those on the left authorized the use of force.

<irrelevent stuff about the election and a pointless cartoon deleted>
Quote Reply
Re: My Man Jesse's At It Again ;-) Comments in Dublin, Ireland (yesterday) [haystack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would you die for me. I doubt it. I can tell you straight up that I would NOT give my life so that you could live.

If you were hanging from the edge of a cliff, would I risk my life to help you? Yes. What else am I to do? Walk on by and wish you the best of luck? Call 9-1-1 and watch you die as they try and get to the scene?

If I saw someone attacking you with a knife, don't I owe it to you to try and help you? Am I to stand there and watch? What am I to tell your loved ones? "well, yes I could have helped ... but I didn't know him and I didn't want to die?"

------------------------

To put a spin on a Biblical quote ... "What credit is it to you to lay down your life only for those you know and love? Won't everyone do that?"

Aren't we all going to die sometime?

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Last edited by: TripleThreat: Nov 11, 04 14:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, I know enough about life to know when to stay out a fight...but just this once.

BK - we have enough candy-assed, lilly-livered, alfalfa-eating, tax and spend peaceniks in our neck of the woods as it is, without you going and offering safe haven to any more.

You really ought to know better;

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply
Re: My Man Jesse's At It Again ;-) Comments in Dublin, Ireland (yesterday) [rb5980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No you didn't. You said the left wouldn't stand up and fight for anything anymore, and that they lacked courage.

I pointed out that the vast majority of the most liberal members in the house and senate voted for the use of force in Afghanistan.

This proves liberals will fight if they believe in their cause.

This only proves that they're willing to vote for something and then bitch about it when it goes right. Within two weeks of commencement of hostilities, a bunch of them were wailing about the "quagmire" that Afghanistan was becoming, and then showing the deep depths of their military knowledge by comparing our efforts to the Russians and the British before us. Of course, they got all bunged up when we basically toppled the Taliban regime with a few thousand SOF types and a ragtag band of Northern Alliance rebels.

I'll make it easy on you. Instead of finding "Most of those screeching buffoons", why don't you just find 10% that have since said we shouldn't have gone to Afghanistan?

My first response answers this one, so we'll move on to the next.

To disprove your assertion that liberals wouldn't fight for anything, all I need to do is show 1 instance where they did fight for something. But you know that from your JD degree, right?

Well, I've shown you one instance where close to 100% of those on the left authorized the use of force.

Read the original response, cool breeze. I SAID that they've lately not shown ME an inclination to want to FIGHT (do I have to explain what that word means in a literal sense, or can you recall it on your own?) for anything that matters, and that that 23 year old American girl, as deluded as she was, at least had the guts to stand in front of an Israeli bulldozer and bite it for her cause.

Hell, I'd accept the least bit of political courage from that bunch, but they're all like dancin' Tom Daschle, lately. One thing in D.C. and another thing back home, except for the hard lefties from workers' utopias like Berkely, Austin or Compton, Califonia. Bush and the Reeps stood on one message about the war on terror and dared the Dems and the electorate to do something about it. Even the DLC and Al From have fessed up to their essential wussiness. Sorry.

But I don't really expect anybody from the left to fess up to anything. Because as the Reverend Jackson said "100 percent of the people who voted for Bush are stupid".

Write to me care of "Stupids Is Us". I'm sure I'll receive the letter, eventually.

Tony

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
>>>This only proves that they're willing to vote for something and then bitch about it when it goes right.

It proves that liberal leaders are willing to use force.

You said liberals wouldn't stand and fight. I've given you a specific example where the most liberal leaders in the house and senate have made a stand to fight.

I have proven you wrong.

>>>I SAID that they've lately not shown ME an inclination to want to FIGHT

So you're talking about people that actually engage in the violence?

Have you not heard of the WTO protests? Those lefties routinely engage the police.

Or are you saying you just haven't heard about it?

In which case, you need to vary your news sources.

You're wrong on this one. You can't accept the blunt force of logic and facts.

Give it up!
Last edited by: rb5980: Nov 11, 04 18:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, I don't think Rachel Corrie wanted to die. I think she quite reasonably believed that if she stood in front of a bulldozer, the driver would stop the bulldozer.

Prev Next