Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized Tri Spoke pair - Recession Special!
Quote | Reply
Recession special! Condition: 6/10. I am selling a pair of Specialized Tri Spoke wheels. They use the same mold as the current H3/H3c and are thus just as aero. Of course, there are caveats (which make them cheap!):
  • The front wheel is easily adaptable to fixed gear use with a new axle - the hub is threaded to do this. The rear wheel uses an older pre-1997 Dura-Ace cassette body that is not convertible to fixed gear using the Surly Fixxer or anything similar. (I wanted to make these track wheels.)
  • The wheels are Shimano/SRAM 8/9/10 compatible tubulars. Tufo S3 Lite <195 tires in the aero-correct 19mm width with plenty of tread are included. A crack pipe is not included, and you will need one. Skewers and wheel bags are not included.
  • The wheels are relatively round and true, but the aluminum brake tracks are in pretty poor condition, with bumps and dips. You will need to keep your brake pads pretty far open to clear them while riding. Due to the carbon covered foam core construction of these wheels, the brake track issues are certainly not structural. However, you can definitely feel the imperfections when braking. If you're using these as race-day-only wheels, this should not be much of a problem.
  • The wheels have Specialized decals, in okay but not great shape.
  • Being pre-1997 wheels, they are a little heavier than the current H3 layup, but not by much. I'll work on posting a weight for the wheels with the tires mounted.
The ideal buyer is someone who wants super fast wheels and can tolerate them being in less than perfect condition. Please don't ask for photos; I will work on uploading them in the near future. I will only sell them as a pair.

$400 shipped from 02139, OBO. Discount for local pickup.

.__o
._`\<,_
(_)/ (_)
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Tri Spoke pair - Recession Special! [jsoltren] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I received an e-mail from an interested buyer in the area. I'll update when the wheels are sold, or if they become available again. Thanks!

.__o
._`\<,_
(_)/ (_)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if not, I would take the front...

g

greg
www.wattagetraining.com
Quote Reply