Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Speedplay Zero bowties from CadenceWorks
Quote | Reply
I have been reading the forum with people talking about the Speedplay Ti pedals breaking and not being worth the money and at the same time read about the option of changing out the bowties and their benefits. The issues were that I have the Zero pedals and not the X series speedplays. If you want to read about the benefits in the weight different do a search on the forum here or at weightweenies.com. Great ones with pictures of the weights before and after the bowties.
I contacted Anthony at Cadenceworks.com to talk more about the bowtie options and they decided to start to make the bowties for the zero pedals (same price as the X series). The first set they are making in black and red colors. When I got the pedals they looked great and assembly was very easy. Used the allen wrench to remove the bowties and replace the bowties and the screws (purchased the Ti set). The bowtie fit perfectly into place, (no need to apply extra pressure or anything). You could definitely feel the individual difference in weight of the bowties. Took the bike out for a ride and could not tell any difference in clipping in and out of the pedals. Overall very pleased with the upgrade and now the pedals are blue color with black bowties to match the bike.

I just wanted to say the communication and shipping skills of Cadenceworks is second to none. Anthony responded to all the questions in a timely typically within 1 hour response and emailed me the day the bowties were complete. I ordered both the bowties and the Ti screws for the pedals on Tuesday and made them by Friday (California to Tenn.). I would likely recommend this company if anyone is looking for their Zero pedals to lose some weight.

I do not know how to add the pictures to the forum but if anyone would like pictures of the pedals now, either PM with your email address or post a reply here. Also if anyone has any questions please feel free to PM me or Anthony at cadenceworks.com

Thanks and good luck all in the upcoming season.

Chris
Quote Reply