Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

From the Washington Times - bin Laden may be dead!!!
Quote | Reply
Bush says bin Laden likely dead; A stunned John Kerry replies: "Oh, fuck. Really?"

By Anne D. Kaufmann
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

Citing newly declassified intelligence documents, President Bush told reporters today that al-Qaeda leader Usama bin Laden is "very likely dead," and that Senator John Kerry "needs to stop his yammering about our so-called failure in Tora Bora, because such talk demoralizes the troops and, quite frankly, makes the Senator look like he's got that big head of his stuffed squarely up his pooper."

In what Washington insiders are calling a major October coup for the Bush administration, the release of the documents -- some dating as far back as December of 2001 -- has clearly shaken many in the Kerry campaign, who fear that any attempt to question the timing of the President's announcement will be perceived by the public as disappointment over the death of the world's most notorious terrorist.

Some in the Senator's campaign, however, are having trouble containing their outrage. Campaign spokesman Howard Wolfson, for one, called the report "a dirty-ass bush league trick of epic fucking proportions," while Kerry campaign manager Mary Beth Cahill told Fox News' Linda Vester that "your beloved Hitler chimp has clearly been sitting on this for quite some time. In fact, the Biblethumping Enronhumper is choosing now to spring this shit on us -- with only a week to go before the election -- because that's precisely the kind of thing a half-retarded simian petrolpimp does."

Stumping in Ohio on Monday, Senator Kerry greeted the news of bin Laden's likely death with skepticism. "Having fought for my country as a young man in Vietnam," Kerry told reporters, "I can tell you from having been in the shit that battlefield deaths are quite difficult to verify." Asked whether he thought the President would release such information without at least some degree of confidence in the intelligence, the Senator tried to change the subject: "The question is not whether this President believes the reports to be true. The question is, where was Mr. Bush during those missing months in 1972 when he was supposed to be flying jets in Alabama. Because I'll tell you where John Kerry was. John Kerry was killing gooks with his bare hands in the jungles of Indochina." Navy records indicate that Kerry was stateside banging hippies in 1972.

In New Mexico, meanwhile, Democratic Vice-presidential candidate John Edwards reacted to the news by telling a subdued New Mexico State crowd that "should reports of bin Laden's death prove true, this is indeed a great day for the United States and its many allies in our misguided unilateral War on Terror. But let's be clear: the death of Usama bin Laden does not make Dick Cheney's daughter Mary any less of a lesbian. And though the Cheneys clearly love their gay lesbian dyke daughter, God, being a good Christian, most certainly does not. God loves straight people. And bunnies."

For its part, the Bush campaign is downplaying the significance of the timing of the report's release. Notes Bush campaign spokesman Steve Schmidt, "The President shared the news with the American people as soon as the information was de-classified by the intelligence community. That some in the Kerry campaign are trying to demonize President Bush for a major victory in the War on Terror speaks volumes about their priorities. Which, if recent history is any indication, includes the power to turn the Oval Office into a room for the Bangkok yanky spanky."

In a related development, a spokesman for former President Bill Clinton (who had been scheduled to begin campaigning for Senator Kerry in the final days leading up to the November 2 election) said in a statement released this afternoon that "continued poor health has forced Mr. Clinton to cancel his plans to lend public support to the Kerry campaign this coming week. However, Mr. Clinton will certainly be rooting for the Senator and wishes the American people to know that a vote for John Kerry is 'not necessarily -- in the strictest sense of the word -- a vote against strong military leadership.'" Expected to fill in for the ailing Bill Clinton is the team of Al Gore and Tommy Smothers.

protein wisdom contributed to this report while watching football and sniffing model plane glue. Not a word of it is true. Which means CBS is free to run with it should they so choose.

http://www.celluloid-wisdom.com/pw/washtimes.html

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Last edited by: Cousin Elwood: Oct 24, 04 18:30
Quote Reply
Re: From the Washington Times - bin Laden may be dead!!! [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it ain't 'the onion', but that's not bad...

f/k/a mclamb6
Quote Reply
Re: From the Washington Times - bin Laden may be dead!!! [mclamb6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Follow the link to the actual "article." There's some great stuff on the same page.

Quote Reply
Re: From the Washington Times - bin Laden may be dead!!! [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pretty good. still have to say that the best headline i have ever read in a "newspaper" like that came from the onion: "special olympics tee ball tee pitches perfect game".

f/k/a mclamb6
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Casey [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Citing newly declassified intelligence documents,"

Are these documents from the same people that said there were WMD's in Iraq?
Quote Reply
Re: From the Washington Times - bin Laden may be dead!!! [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, it was a joke...
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Casey [ In reply to ]
Re: From the Washington Times - bin Laden may be dead!!! [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Yeah, it was a joke..."

It just wrecks it when you have to 'splain it...

Quote Reply
Re: From the Washington Times - bin Laden may be dead!!! [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"You gotta love the guy.".

I know I do!!

Quote Reply
Re: From the Washington Times - bin Laden may be dead!!! [elund] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Are these documents from the same people that said there were WMD's in Iraq?"

They don't do satire where you come from, do they?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"If that was the headline, they should be ashamed of themselves."

I agree. In fact, I'm ashamed of myself for sharing it...

NOT!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny. I was thinking this morning, I put the probability that Bin Ladin is dead at over 20%.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: From the Washington Times - bin Laden may be dead!!! [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Funny. I was thinking this morning, I put the probability that Bin Ladin is dead at over 20%."

Well, putting my serious face on for just a moment ('cuz this was just a wacky satire thread) he does have a serious kidney ailment and it's surprising (or would be) if he is still alive. In any event, he probably won't be for long.

Not that it makes a huge difference, there are other wackos to carry on if or when he's gone.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed. If he is alive, his quality of life is compromised by knowing the best in the world are hunting him 24/7.

Our President sits at a beautiful desk and has a steward to bring him coffee. Bin Ladin is holed up in a safe house or cave and probably doesn't even have decent plumbing.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: From the Washington Times - bin Laden may be dead!!! [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, something about "Living well is the best revenge."

I'll never understand the twisted mind of a terrorist.

Quote Reply