Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

US facing 20,000 insurgents in Iraq
Quote | Reply
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/...733%255E2703,00.html

Quote:

AMERICAN officials are drawing an alarming new portrait of the insurgency in Iraq, showing it has significantly more fighters and far greater financial resources than had previously been estimated.

The New York Times reported yesterday that when foreign fighters and the network of Jordanian militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi were counted with home-grown insurgents, the hard-core resistance numbered between 8000 and 12,000 people.

That tally swelled to more than 20,000 when active sympathisers or covert accomplices were included.

Military and other government officials in Iraq and Washington said the core of the Iraqi insurgency now consisted of as many as 50 militant cells that drew on "unlimited money" from an underground financial network run by former Baath Party leaders and Saddam Hussein's relatives.

Of course Bush could've taken him out, but was more intent on invading Iraq than actually keeping us safe from terrorism.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4431601/
Quote Reply
Re: US facing 20,000 insurgents in Iraq [rb5980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Of course Bush could've taken him out, but was more intent on invading Iraq than actually keeping us safe from terrorism. "

Taken who out? Of course there are 20,000 insurgents. We are at war. Can't figure out how you view war but from what I can see it is very TV and Hollywood tainted.

I said taint.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: US facing 20,000 insurgents in Iraq [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zarqawi

al-Zarqwai

Zarkowee.

Zaaeioraus.

That terrist guy.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Casey [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
based on your professed man-crush on cuz e, i'd say you are big fan of taint...

f/k/a mclamb6
Quote Reply
Re: US facing 20,000 insurgents in Iraq [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"The war was over a long time ago, Bush said so. "

When? Maybe I am not talking about what you are. The war is against Islamic terrorism. A battle is in Iraq. This is bigger than America or Europe want to admit. Me do not have the stomach to win it or even try to. We will fall back into ourselves and as history shows when we do that the shit really hits the fan.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The global war on terrorism is ongoing. Iraq is just a battle.
Quote Reply
Re: US facing 20,000 insurgents in Iraq [rb5980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes kill him. Bush won't because it is an election year and he doesn't have the balls to tell the left to kiss his ass. He continues this weapons buy back and negotiate fraud because he is a fool who thinks the left will give him credit for doing what they say he should do.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Major operations are over and "mission accomplished" referred to the removal of Hussein's government from power.

Did you know that after WWII Hitler loyalists continued to attack allies long after operations were over?

Did you suddenly expect peace and harmony to reign the streets?

It's also interesting that they have an Iraqi leader in charge of the country now instead of coalition forces.

You're like most Americans and Europeans who have ADD. Can't stick to something for very long without giving up and saying "it doesn't work."
Quote Reply
Re: US facing 20,000 insurgents in Iraq [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cmon man, Iraq is a war. Even if you buy the argument that taking out Saddam was a significant step in our struggle against Islamic terrorists, Iraq is still a war. Just like Vietnam and Korea were wars, but were steps taken in advancement of containment and the "Cold War."

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Did you know that after WWII Hitler loyalists continued to attack allies long after operations were over? "

Post war Germany was nothing like what is going on in Iraq. Bad comparison.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"(the fact that Iraq has nothing to do with OBL, is beside the point)."

OBL is not important.

The mission was accomplished, Saddam was defeated. We are now in a war on terrorism. Why do you think the terrorist on flooding into Iraq? It's not to free Iraq. It's the starting point of the war. We are in the hornet's nest and the terrorist are scared and fighting back. It is a war. Things blow up, people die and things go to hell.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of course he would use it. Wouldn't you? Since no one can look past 9/11 to see the threat as a whole the capture or killing of OBL is important to the world.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It wasn't important until Kerry made it an issue. The same goes for this flu vaccine shortage. We've had shortages in the past and they weren't pointing at the President blaming him then...

It's a fucking mess...and the media turns it into a frenzy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It wasn't important until Kerry made it an issue. The same goes for this flu vaccine shortage. We've had shortages in the past and they weren't pointing at the President blaming him then...

It's a fucking mess...and the media turns it into a frenzy.
So true! Ever watch Fox News in the morning? I love the ladie on the show, i think her name is Edie, she doesnt take sh%t from the spinsters, blasted a couple of Kerry's people this week trying to spin social security and the draft. Kerry is desperate!

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Re: US facing 20,000 insurgents in Iraq [Ed in IL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
So true! Ever watch Fox News in the morning? I love the ladie on the show, i think her name is Edie, she doesnt take sh%t from the spinsters, blasted a couple of Kerry's people this week trying to spin social security and the draft. Kerry is desperate!

you have got to be fucking kidding. The Fox network is nothing BUT spin.
Quote Reply
Re: US facing 20,000 insurgents in Iraq [triathron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"The Fox network is nothing BUT spin."

Name a network that doesn't.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Name a network that doesn't.
There isn't one, which is kinda my point. One needs to get their info from a variety of sources, from all sides of the political spectrum, and cross-reference 'em to get a sense of what's truth and what's spin/bullshit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try the BBC. I listen to it on satellite radio. It's a nice change.
Quote Reply
Re: US facing 20,000 insurgents in Iraq [triathron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]
[quote]
So true! Ever watch Fox News in the morning? I love the ladie on the show, i think her name is Edie, she doesnt take sh%t from the spinsters, blasted a couple of Kerry's people this week trying to spin social security and the draft. Kerry is desperate! [/quote]

you have got to be fucking kidding. The Fox network is nothing BUT spin. [/reply]

OK DAN RATHER! Maybe, but its the only network that would spin to the right > CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN all spin to the left. Your just mad that they dont follow the other networks and that they voice an opposing position. Fair and balanced baby! And ive seen Fox oppose republicans, so dont tell me they are run by a right winged conspiracy. And FOX is the ONLY network that challenges liberals, none of the other networks or most major newspapers challenge liberals, but sure challenge republicans. The media is clearly biased towards liberals.

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
did i expect peace? no. but i also didn't expect an intensification of hostilities--at least not a continuing intensification 1+ years after "mission accomplished".

f/k/a mclamb6
Quote Reply