Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Michael Moore fans, check this out...
Quote | Reply
And don't miss the highlighted portion further down.

"Michael Moore Hates America," a documentary that challenges the leftist filmmaker, received a huge response at the American Film Renaissance festival in Dallas, packing out two showings and eliciting a 10-minute standing ovation.

"That crowd response was bigger than anything I've seen in a theater in my life," Jim Hubbard, the co-founder of the festival, told WorldNetDaily. The festival ran from Sept. 10-12.

Hubbard said demand to see the film was so high, the theater was bursting at the seams during the second showing.

"We really packed them in," he said. "We were having to turn people away."

Hubbard says he is confident the man who made "Michael Moore Hates America," 27-year-old Mike Wilson, will secure a theatrical distributor for his work.

"They're going to get distribution," he predicted. "This thing is just too huge."

Wilson was in attendance for both showings, Hubbard said. "[The moviegoers] were treating him like a rock star."

Added Hubbard, "He really peeled the hide off of Michael Moore."

In one scene, the American soldier who lost both arms in Iraq and who was shown in Moore's Bush-bashing "Fahrenheit 9/11" said he was taken out of context in the left-wing documentary.

According to Hubbard, the soldier said in the new film he had planned to be a technical engineer and could no longer do so because he lost him arms. He emphasized, however, that if he had to do it over again, he would, because "what we're doing in Iraq is important." The soldier said he was furious about the way Moore had portrayed him in "Fahrenheit 9/11."

Hubbard noted, "Moore used the south of France [Cannes Film Festival] to launch his left-wing documentary, and we used the heartland of the country, Dallas, Texas, to launch the counterpunch. There are two conflicting moral views right there."

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Moore fans, check this out... [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is one hell of a title....doesn't he realize he discredits his movie by saying Michael Moore hates America? One thing to rebutt what Michael Moore is saying, but to say he hates America is weak.

I also find it pathetic that instead of making a rebuttal movie that strengthens the Bush/Republican position, they have to make a movie bashing the guy who made a movie about the President, 9/11, and the Iraq war.
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Moore fans, check this out... [TTTorso] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"That is one hell of a title....doesn't he realize he discredits his movie by saying Michael Moore hates America? One thing to rebutt what Michael Moore is saying, but to say he hates America is weak."
- - Then why did Michael Moore take his hatefull film to France to debut his lies about America to the world?

"I also find it pathetic that instead of making a rebuttal movie that strengthens the Bush/Republican position, they have to make a movie bashing the guy who made a movie about the President, 9/11, and the Iraq war."
- - Michael Moore's movie has been discredited by many people on virtually all counts. Now it's time for Michael Moore to pay a personal price for his lies and his hatred of America.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking he probably made some good cash by taking it to France. I would think you of all people would be proud of the man for trying to be entrepreneurial and make some money that he can bring over and spend in this country.

- - Michael Moore's movie has been discredited by many people on virtually all counts. Now it's time for Michael Moore to pay a personal price for his lies and his hatred of America.

When are peeps like yourself ever going to realize that to question the actions of your leadership isn't hating America?

They aren't lies, they are twists of the truth. Its no different than what Sean Hannity and others do all day on the airwaves.

Did you call them haters of America when Clinton was in office?

And what this is really going to do is feed into Michael Moore. Can you imagine how many people will see his next movie? If Bush gets re-elected he'll probably get his second Academy Award!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I'm thinking he probably made some good cash by taking it to France. I would think you of all people would be proud of the man for trying to be entrepreneurial and make some money that he can bring over and spend in this country."
- - The slave traders made money too. So did/do drug dealers and pimps. What's your point?

"When are peeps like yourself ever going to realize that to question the actions of your leadership isn't hating America?"
- - To question is not hating America. Making up bald-faced lies to discredit our country and our president in the eyes of the international community is something ONLY a hater of America would do.

"They aren't lies, they are twists of the truth."
- - Twists of the truty ARE lies.

"Its no different than what Sean Hannity and others do all day on the airwaves."
- - I don't know what Sean Hannity or anyone else does all day on the air waves, and no matter what they do, it doesn't change or mitigate what Michael Moore did. He told lies with the sole purpose of discrediting our (America's) actions. Two hundred years ago, he'd have been shot for doing that.

"Did you call them haters of America when Clinton was in office?"
- - The ones I heard at that time were calling on Clinton to obey the laws and answer hard questions put to him. He said it all depended on what the meaning of "is" might be. What's your point.

If you're trying to say that Clinton was an honest man, don't waste your time. If you're trying to say that what conservatives did in hounding Clinton in some way parallels what Moore has done, take another toke and call someone who's really gullible. If you're just trying to put me on the defensive by deriding Bush, Hannity, Limbaugh or whomever, it won't work, because I'm not a supporter of any of those individuals, and even if I were, it wouldn't affect the rightness or in this case the wrongness of what Michael Moore had done.

It is typical of the left to attempt to muddy the water. The issue I put on the table is Michael Moore and his lies. You guys have had ten years of saying "Mellon-Scaife" as if that somehow absolved all that was done in the Clinton years.

"And what this is really going to do is feed into Michael Moore. Can you imagine how many people will see his next movie?"
- - Yep, there's a sucker born every minute.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
- - To question is not hating America. Making up bald-faced lies to discredit our country and our president in the eyes of the international community is something ONLY a hater of America would do.

I agree, this was a bit overboard. Bush was doing an excellent job himself of discrediting our country in the international community.

- - Twists of the truty ARE lies.

No, I would consider it presenting information in such a manner that it adds to your position. Taking something out of context.

-- Two hundred years ago, he'd have been shot for doing that.

We've come a long way haven't we!

- - The ones I heard at that time were calling on Clinton to obey the laws and answer hard questions put to him. He said it all depended on what the meaning of "is" might be. What's your point.

I'm sure there were bald-face lies being told on the radio when Clinton was in office that weren't related to his bald-face lie about his affair with Monica. My point is that Michael Moore's criticism of Bush is no different than any winger's criticism of Clinton.

-- It is typical of the left to attempt to muddy the water. The issue I put on the table is Michael Moore and his lies.

I wasn't attempting to muddy the water, but you can't make everything black and white, as much as you might like to.

Michael Moore's film had a lot of biased fact, along with some severely stretched accusations or assumptions. I actually came out feeling bad for President Bush after the film because it was so slanted. I didn't go in expecting that!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Elwood loves America more than you, and he'll prove it by kicking your ass. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"They aren't lies, they are twists of the truth."

Did you honestly mean to say that?

If so, there really are no limits when you are trying to make a case are there?

Sad. Very sad.
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Moore fans, check this out... [Tri N OC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I meant to say that. I also tried to clarify by saying this:

-- No, I would consider it presenting information in such a manner that it adds to your position. Taking something out of context.

Both sides are good at doing this to further their agendas. They present a fact in such a way that it would lead you to believe one thing, when if you looked at the full context that may not be the case at all.
Quote Reply