Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Is Cheney a new SBVT? [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would've had other priorities than Vietnam as well, no problems with Cheney on that.

Cheney is definitely a sack of crap, though. His buddies at Halliburton managed to lose billions of dollars, so much so that the US government is going to re-bid (well, put it up for bidding since the original contracts were no-bid) because they screwed it all up.

Debates are necessary, but unfortunately they mainly play out as a race to the center (the center in the US is actually right-of-center, naturally). Each side can declare themselves the winner and it makes little to no difference if the media doesn't run with one being the clear winner.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Cheney a new SBVT? [SOUP!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Debates are necessary, but unfortunately they mainly play out as a race to the center (the center in the US is actually right-of-center, naturally). "Right-of-center"? What the hell does that mean? Is there some fixed point that represents the center of the political spectrum? Socially, fiscally, diplomatically, or what? "Right-of-center." Pfft.

Each side can declare themselves the winner and it makes little to no difference if the media doesn't run with one being the clear winner. The problem with the debate isn't that there's never a clear winner, because there often is. Reagan vs Carter, for example. Reagan won, and it wasn't because the media manipulated the results. The problem is that they never result in any substantive debate or conflict of ideas. What do you remember about that Reagan debate- the ideas, or the one-liner? The one-liner.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Is Cheney a new SBVT? [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"He works for Bush what more do you need to know?"

Got it. Everyone who works for Pres Bush is a liar. Wait,...I'm in the Navy. I work for both Sec Rumsfeld and Pres Bush. I must really be a liar.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Is Cheney a new SBVT? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in the Navy. I work for both Sec Rumsfeld and Pres Bush.

No, Commodore, you work for me. MY TAXES PAY YOUR SALARY!

;)

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Is Cheney a new SBVT? [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"No, Commodore, you work for me. MY TAXES PAY YOUR SALARY! "

You know what really sucks, ...my own taxes pay my salary. How lame is that?

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know what really sucks, ...my own taxes pay my salary.

Pretty lame. My wife was surprised and disappointed when she discovered that. She figured my measly paycheck was at least going to be tax free. Her first of many disappointments, I'm afraid.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, my taxes pay my NIH-funded stipend! I can't beliee they tax that.... I blame Kerry (actually I think the taxation strted under Reagan.. bastard)

Prev Next