Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Olympic Games & Terrorism
Quote | Reply
Just watched the news on Swiss TV. They showed the progress of the train system in Athens. Although it should have been functional six months ago, they pulled it off and it will be ok. Anyway, before the first train departure, the bishop or some other christian figure (sorry, I'm not part of that club and not familiar with their vocab) had to officially baptize the train. I'm not here to critizize their believes, but do you really have to do this in public? Just a reminder, we are living in a time with terrorism. I mean how often are differences in religion the reason for wars!?!! Maybe those "holy" people are just to fuckn ignorant of what's going on in the world. Hopefully peaceful games...

�The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.� -Michelangelo

MoodBoost Drink : Mood Support + Energy.
Quote Reply
Re: Olympic Games & Terrorism [theswiss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe you are the ignorant one. Greece is not the United States. They do things differently than we do. It called a different culture, just becauce we do something differently, doesn't mean were right.
Quote Reply
Re: Olympic Games & Terrorism [theswiss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You don't baptize vehicles, you christen them. I would guess that's what happened although I didn't see the story. Also, if you start tossing away your customs, beliefs, way of doing business, etc...then terrorists have gone a long way to acheiving their goals. Maybe those holy people are just too f'n brave to give into the fear that you apparently have gotten accustomed to.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply