Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What are your weekend plans? April 27/28
Quote | Reply
What are you up to?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: What are your weekend plans? April 27/28 [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chill weekend here. I will read, watch movies /tv shows, possibly go see a friend who is in a local theater show (there are shows this weekend and next), maybe try a new recipe (I am trying to learn how to cook more).

Tomorrow may be a “help friend get ice cream shop ready to open” day. :)

Exercise of some sort both days. Plan is swim tomorrow, run Sunday

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try to catch up on some yard work this afternoon, tomorrow is supposed to rain all day so whatever we do will be indoors. Maybe go see Dune if it's still in our local tharter.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Soccer, on two very different levels.

Tomorrow we go see the New England Revolution play Inter Miami. We root for the Revs, but fingers crossed we get to see Messi do some of that magical, best player in the world stuff.

Sunday it's town league soccer for wimsey jr (mrs wimsey is one of the coaches). Also super fun, but the skills are not exactly comparable.

Also boring suburban chores. Yard work (need to buy a used lawnmower - yard crew has gotten too expensive), grocery shopping, housecleaning, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like your weekly question!

Putting up a new garden fence and a reflective tape over the garden to keep the birds out. Little buggers may be cute but they would clean us out.

Obligatory swim and run.

Maybe find the intermittent problem with the pond waterfall pump. Might be a problem with the wiring, or the pump, or the solar charge controller. Solar panel and the battery are fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Parkrun this morning, followed by over an hour of ocean swimming. Beautiful sunny day, excellent visibility and lots of fish about. Tried to spot some seahorses hanging on the swimming enclosure net, but no luck. Water is still warm enough to not bother with a wetsuit.

About to head out for a short cycle, maybe 30 or 40km.

Dinner with a friend this evening.

Tomorrow I'll head down to beach earlier and try to hang on the back of the group for 2km. Maybe another short ride, then pack it away for the flight to Sydney on Wednesday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Headed to Sedona, AZ for some camping, gravel biking, and overlanding.
Highs in the 70s, lows in the 50s. Perfect camping weather.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Checking out some Bernini sculptures at the Galeria Boghesi in Rome

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Last edited by: j p o: Apr 27, 24 7:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m very excited for this weekend! I slept well last night. :)

Today I plan to put my bike rack on the car because my daughter’s new bf is into biking, which has inspired my kids to bike. The bf is friends w/ my other two kids, as well, so they have all been going out to ride. I want to support it.

I’m going to PM Dan to see about buying a used Mtn bike from him for one of my kids. I talked to Dan years ago about it, and I wonder if his prices will have finally come down. Just kidding.

My kids have AP study sessions, band festival shows, and plans to entertain at our house tonight.

I want to work some hours this weekend to finance my high-roller lifestyle. I need to wash one small dog. I will run/hike around Lake Poway. Yay! Fun!
Quote Reply
Re: What are your weekend plans? April 27/28 [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yay!
Quote Reply
Re: What are your weekend plans? April 27/28 [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reforesting your local nature reserve last weekend and viewing Bernini sculptures in Rome this weekend.

Both so joyfully life-affirming, though in very different ways.

This forum so needs a like button.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This weekend is turning out to be a very laid-back, do nothing weekend. Friday I flew back from Texas from a work trip. Sitting in conference rooms all day means I’m always playing catch-up with everything else that I do, so Friday was pretty much travel, get home and unpack, and go through the mail and watch the NFL draft.

Yesterday was very chill. Do some stuff around the house, laundry, read, catch up on some of my DVR TV shows so I could go read the survivor thread and the amazing race thread here and not have spoilers. I cooked in New York strip steak and drank some wine in the evening.

Today I need to work out and then I’m going to the Preds v. Canucks game later this afternoon.

One big plus of the work trip is that I got to meet up with BT in Austin. She and I had not seen each other in person for many years, so it was so great to catch up.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply