Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New California declares independence from the rest of the state
Quote | Reply
With the reading of their own version of a Declaration of Independence, founders of the state of New California took the first steps to what they hope will eventually lead to statehood. CBS Sacramento reports they don't want to leave the United States, just California.

"Well, it's been ungovernable for a long time. High taxes, education, you name it, and we're rated around 48th or 50th from a business climate and standpoint in California," said founder Robert Paul Preston.

The state of New California would incorporate most of the state's rural counties, leaving the urban coastal counties to the current state of California.

Article here
Last edited by: rick_pcfl: Jan 16, 18 18:41
Quote Reply
Re: New California declares independence from the rest of the state [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rookies.

There have been around a dozen different groups constantly proposing splitting up California for about as long as California has existed. Even before it was a state, actually. And this is not the first movement to do it "by the book." (as opposed to what, declaring civil war?) The Draper group is still active with their proposed ballot measure.

Unfortunately like many libertarian movements, they can't all agree on combining into one collective effort, so they're forever factions competing against each other.
Last edited by: trail: Jan 16, 18 18:50
Quote Reply
Re: New California declares independence from the rest of the state [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is more info if you want your county to join New California!

https://newcaliforniastate.com/add-your-county-1

It's easy, apparently all you need are a couple of friends, an "Ambassador" from New California, Find a meeting room, read a charter, and have your friends vote! It's super easy, I propose that we get every single county to secede from Old California and form New California! Then we can elect a governor and legislature, and then they can pass all sorts of laws. That should fix everything!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ha ha my state has all the water. We'll turn the coast into a shithole!

Re: New California declares independence from the rest of the state [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
last tri in 83 wrote:
ha ha my state has all the water. We'll turn the coast into a bigger shithole!

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: New California declares independence from the rest of the state [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
//

We are building desal plants here on the coast, and I hear our toilets will be flushing to Bakersfield or thereabouts. Here it mixes good with all that black oil in the ground there. Perhaps you guys can then sort it apart and sell one for fertilizer to the Harris farms, and the oil can go, well it can maybe be sold to Texas as we won't need it anymore!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After the latest gas tax increase the only hope for CA is succession or revolution and the democrats have too much to gain by avoiding a revolution. We can't even keep criminals in jail for a day. It's a freaking nightmare.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: New California declares independence from the rest of the state [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
It's a freaking nightmare.

Last edited by: oldandslow: Jan 16, 18 23:35
Quote Reply
Re: New California declares independence from the rest of the state [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
//

We are building desal plants here on the coast, and I hear our toilets will be flushing to Bakersfield or thereabouts. Here it mixes good with all that black oil in the ground there. Perhaps you guys can then sort it apart and sell one for fertilizer to the Harris farms, and the oil can go, well it can maybe be sold to Texas as we won't need it anymore!!!!

If a toiler flushes to Bakersfield will anyone notice?
Quote Reply
Re: New California declares independence from the rest of the state [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:
Quote:

It's a freaking nightmare.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's great! :-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does "New California" have any natural resources or industrial base or the like that would help it support itself, or are we looking at Mississippi, just with more scenic natural beauty? And more teeth in people's mouths. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New California....how original. At least come up with a creative name.
Quote Reply
Re: New California declares independence from the rest of the state [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:
New California....how original. At least come up with a creative name.

How creative could they be? After all, all the creative places in California would be in the yellow "Old California" areas. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: New California declares independence from the rest of the state [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New California gets all the meth labs. Old California keeps Palm trees and waves. Ok!
Quote Reply
Re: New California declares independence from the rest of the state [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are they really seceding from "Old" CA or maybe just renaming the state and kicking those guys out?

I was in my LRC last fall, and I saw a T-shirt that said "South Jersey: the 51st State"

It was nicely designed, but I thought, 'maybe the people from Puerto Rico or Washington DC deserve 51st State status more than we do?'

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: New California declares independence from the rest of the state [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i though we (Canada) were the 51st state?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
State of Jefferson. Concepts been around for a while. Not going to happen

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: New California declares independence from the rest of the state [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It does underscore the growing rift between urban and rural priorities though.
Quote Reply
Re: New California declares independence from the rest of the state [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:

I almost think the US could be happily split into two countries - blue and red based on voting patterns. That's probably what we'd have today if the south had won the Civil War.
Quote Reply
Re: New California declares independence from the rest of the state [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. This. To me this is increasingly the divide I see. Urban vs Rural. So for example here in GA there is a preponderance of counties that are Red and very conservative. Then you have ATL and Columbus which are big blue dots that increasingly drive the agenda State-wide even tho geographically they are very small. Lots of FSA in these blue dots.

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: New California declares independence from the rest of the state [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, last year Atlanta had the second highest GDP growth of all metro areas in the US (FSA = Financially Superlative Activity?)
Last edited by: oldandslow: Jan 17, 18 17:32
Quote Reply
Re: New California declares independence from the rest of the state [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for updating me on what's going on here in my State

you go Girl!

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: New California declares independence from the rest of the state [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:

I almost think the US could be happily split into two countries - blue and red based on voting patterns. That's probably what we'd have today if the south had won the Civil War.

We?
Quote Reply
Re: New California declares independence from the rest of the state [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:

We?

"We" referred to a world situation. There would be an extra country in the world if the USA was divided in two after the Civil War. You have to think more globally. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: New California declares independence from the rest of the state [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
SH wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:

We?

"We" referred to a world situation. There would be an extra country in the world if the USA was divided in two after the Civil War. You have to think more globally. :-)

Just making sure. =)
Quote Reply