You know the Left has an antisemitism problem

Over the top much?

Sure. There’s nothing serious about Windy’s posts, so why not have a little fun. It is the first time I can remember him invoking the echo chamber boogieman, which is normally the last refuge of the far right MAGA nutjobs here in the LR.

“Circle jerk” is the last refuge.

Well frankly this place tends to be a circle jerk in a left wing echo chamber with the majority all sharing the same brain, and spitting out the same opinions. Anyone with an independent thought or bucks the group think gets the Windy treatment so f glad he posts here.

stop taking refuge you far right MAGA nutjob.

it’s really sad what a clown slowguy has turned into

Over the top much?

Sure. There’s nothing serious about Windy’s posts, so why not have a little fun. It is the first time I can remember him invoking the echo chamber boogieman, which is normally the last refuge of the far right MAGA nutjobs here in the LR.

Well frankly this place tends to be a circle jerk in a left wing echo chamber with the majority all sharing the same brain, and spitting out the same opinions. Anyone with an independent thought or bucks the group think gets the Windy treatment so f glad he posts here.

Bless your heart.

Over the top much?

I was thinking that same thing. I used to look forward to and enjoy the information he provided. Now he seems like the rest have rubbed off on him.

Over the top much?

When the first response is Nutella with a whataboutism (which he is normally the first to point out if it’s the other way around), it seems windy touched a nerve.

It’s not that hard to acknowledge there’s a problem in the U.S. while at the same time pointing out his article about France is not super relevant to the U.S.

But all we got on this thread is "the right sucks too ".

Y’all are just playing his game.

When people reply back with those responses, sure they are somewhat about left and right, but I’d say they’re at least 50% just about the fact that Windy posts this kind of junk all the time. Those replies are more a rejection of Windy than a response to any particular premise, or a result of some kind of political brainwashing.

Over the top much?

Bless your heart.

I meant that will all due respect and no offense.

Over the top much?

Congratulations. With references to circle jerks, echo chambers, and shared brains all in the same post; you win the mixed metaphors award of the day, and cement yourself as a leader in the “not to be taken seriously” group of posters.

Over the top much?

I was thinking that same thing. I used to look forward to and enjoy the information he provided. Now he seems like the rest have rubbed off on him.

If I were Windy I would look at these responses and see who was on my side. Then wonder how I have gone so far astray.

Over the top much?

If I were Windy I would look at these responses and see who was on my side. Then wonder how I have gone so far astray.

of course you would Chappy, er in mean Nutty, er I mean jmh, er I mean whichever one you are. ( all about the same)

Over the top much?

of course you would Chappy, er in mean Nutty, er I mean jmh, er I mean whichever one you are. ( all about the same)

There are some very outspoken liberals in the LR. You’ve mentioned a couple. Jpo doesn’t fit into that category, but the fact that you lump basically everyone who doesn’t take you seriously into the same group isn’t really surprising.

Over the top much?

Congratulations. With references to circle jerks, echo chambers, and shared brains all in the same post; you win the mixed metaphors award of the day, and cement yourself as a leader in the “not to be taken seriously” group of posters.

How far right does the right need to go to present slowguy, a moderate to end all moderates, as a left winger?

About this far I’d say.

Over the top much?

There are some very outspoken liberals in the LR. You’ve mentioned a couple. Jpo doesn’t fit into that category, but the fact that you lump basically everyone who doesn’t take you seriously into the same group isn’t really surprising.

Here is the problem with your analysis. Windy doesn’t take me seriously and has derided many of my comments and perhaps thrown numerous insults my way. I in no way throw him in with the bots in this forum. It’s not about what they think of me, its about why they say and write, all of which is largely the same, save a few folks in here.

Over the top much?

Well frankly this place tends to be a circle jerk in a left wing echo chamber with the majority all sharing the same brain, and spitting out the same opinions. **Anyone with an independent thought **or bucks the group think gets the Windy treatment so f glad he posts here.

What “independent thought” did Windy share on this thread?

Windy is getting the response he gets because his posts lack thought. It is clear he did not even read the article he posted. If he did he would see that it did not support the title he named the thread.

If Windy actually read the article he posted he would see that the French Far Left refused to march with the National Front, a far-right party with a loooooong history of antisemitism. Instead of marching with a party founded by a holocaust denier , and still led by his daughter, they had their own rally against antisemitism.

Over the top much?

Here is the problem with your analysis. Windy doesn’t take me seriously and has derided many of my comments and perhaps thrown numerous insults my way. I in no way throw him in with the bots in this forum. It’s not about what they think of me, its about why they say and write, all of which is largely the same, save a few folks in here.

Do you even take yourself seriously?

I can’t think of a single person here who takes you seriously.

But that’s clearly because of the left wing echo chamber circle jerk and not because you act like a clown.

The point my friend is the reflexive whataboutism.

Yeah, that’s probably something you should work on.

You feel the BBC article is whataboutism? Interesting tack to take

I think the BBC article has fuckall to do with whataboutism.

I think you’re so desperate for the attention you get by being a tool here in this forum that you’ll post any article you can find that touches tangentially on anything you can tie to “the Left” so that you can play “whatabout” with problems that are most associated with the far Right and generally just to see if you can get some reaction from any of the more liberal posters here in the LR, and in doing so, you’ll be sure to make your post as dickish as you can just for good measure.

How big were the far right protestors in Charlottesville? a few hundred at most? There had to have been at least 10,000 in DC participating in protests calling for wipe out of Israel. Both are problems, but who has the bigger problem?

Do you really think 10,000 people were calling for Israel to be wiped out? Seriously?

Calling for a cease fire is not the same as calling for a second holocaust. That is some Windy level hyperbole.

I think you’re so desperate for the attention you get by being a tool here in this forum that you’ll post any article you can find that touches tangentially on anything you can tie to “the Left” so that you can play “whatabout” with problems that are most associated with the far Right and generally just to see if you can get some reaction from any of the more liberal posters here in the LR, and in doing so, you’ll be sure to make your post as dickish as you can just for good measure.

How big were the far right protestors in Charlottesville? a few hundred at most? There had to have been at least 10,000 in DC participating in protests calling for wipe out of Israel. Both are problems, but who has the bigger problem?

Do you really think 10,000 people were calling for Israel to be wiped out? Seriously?

Calling for a cease fire is not the same as calling for a second holocaust. That is some Windy level hyperbole.

Attending a rally where they chant from the river to the see makes you responsible for that message. If people don’t believe that then they should leave or chant something Pro Jewish in response.

Attending a rally where they chant from the river to the see makes you responsible for that message. If people don’t believe that then they should leave or chant something Pro Jewish in response.

It is a bit more complicated than that. I also thought that was the meaning of the chant. Turns out there is a lot more to it.

What does ‘from the river to the sea’ actually mean? | AP News
‘From the river to the sea’: What does the Palestinian slogan really mean? | Israel-Palestine conflict News | Al Jazeera

I am very much on Israel’s side here but it is quite the stretch to say that 10,000 people were calling for Israel to be wiped out. Supporting a ceasefire (I don’t) or wanting to provide care to peaceful non-combatants does not mean someone supports Hamas or their goals.

Over the top much?

Here is the problem with you. Nothing you say on here is sincere. You lie and make up whatever suits your fancy. Most of the time it is obvious you do not believe what you post. You rarely post your own thoughts and do not stand behind what you say. That isn’t what we think about you, it is what we know about you.

If you can’t tell the difference between what different people say it is because you either lack reading comprehension or do not care what was written and just reply reflexively.

I get along fine with Windy. He likes to spin people up but he posts real things and has a history of sharing and discussing things beyond just politics. If he sees he can be helpful to someone he does that. Sure he can be a pain in the ass, so can a lot of us. He is deluded in his thinking that a GOP exists outside of the racism, fascism, and moronism. But we’re working on that.

You and Tyler are not that. The two of you bring almost nothing to the table. Tyler posts only nonsense and mostly easily discredited political garbage he found on some bottom feeding troll site. You have posted so much that is just not so that no one believes anything you post and they don’t bother to seriously engage with you.

You are correct that there are very few right leaning people left here. A good many left when Trump came to power and they were left to defend the indefensible. Those that stayed have ceased to be right leaning. Many of those you blather on about being in the echo chamber spent their first 10-15 years on here as conservatives, But then saw the GOP abandon them.

It can be informative to thoughtful people to see who agrees with them. If only racists and bigots agree with you, maybe you should look at what you said and see if it is racist and bigoted. If only morons agree with you, maybe what you said is stupid. Windy has been so bereft of logical conservative support that I have given serious thought to switching teams. Just to give us something to talk about.

What’s wrong with my premise? That there is antisemitism on the Left or there would be reflexive responses here that didn’t bother to consider the truth of that statement?

You have no actual premise. You have clickbait.

Does the Left have an antisemitism issue?

What’s wrong with my premise? That there is antisemitism on the Left or there would be reflexive responses here that didn’t bother to consider the truth of that statement?

I assume that since left leaning people in the US must now answer for far left people in France you will be willing to go over the actions of Orban, which are even more relevant since right wing people in the US have praised him repeatedly. We could be here a while.

Pfft Hungary?

It’s more that France’s rejection of the antisemitic Left is a canary in the coal mine for the Left here

Of course there is some anti-Semitism on the left. If a third of the country is on the left (not a precise number, just offered as an illustration) that is more than 100mm people. There will be considerable diversity within that group, including some anti-Semites.

If you want to have a serious discussion of the causes, extent, and implications of anti-Semitism on the left, that might be possible. But you know perfectly well how politics and the LR work. If you title your thread with just a reference to the Left, you’re gonna get whataboutism, because it’s so obvious that there is huge anti-Semitism on the right. The thread will strike many as disingenuous.

Alternatively, you could begin a thread that concedes there is a lot of anti-Semitism on the right, which perhaps comes in different flavors than anti-Semitism on the left. Positioning the issue that way, you probably could get people on the left to discuss anti-Semitism without them feeling that, by doing so, they are making some concession that this is predominantly a problem on the left. You didn’t try to do that, and the results were predictable.

Why do I have to make that statement? Why can’t there be a discussion of just one side? Why the double standard?

I do know how political threads go here and have no problem calling out the hypocrisy and intellectual dishonesty of many on here.

I bet if you go to threads about antisemitism on the far-right/neo-Nazis your standard of a reasonable dual sided original post won’t be met at the frequency you’d think it would be.