Vote here on the new forum format

Additional post reactions are possible. But I don’t know how high in the Dev Queue they will be. Like, this morning I disabled a function whereby if you were just quoting someone else’s post (single one), and then replied beneath it, it automatically hid the quote. The point of the quote is to make it clear what you’re replying to!

First priority is the final import of user data and content (including DM history) from Gossamer.

Then I think we’d look at something like user signatures. But that’s probably the realm of @davidpaulyoung @Rappstar and team to figure out whether we want to do it.

I don’t know how much above and beyond visually we will do – we need to put a guide together on how you can customize some of that, as almost all of it is user preferences instead of system defaults. Example: background colors, text, etc. are all ablate be set by you as an individual and not necessarily by us on this end.

I vote that we need a name for this massive disruption to the most vital part of our lives. We’ll need to refer to life before and after these changes. Maybe it’s the ST Rapture, since everyone disappeared and only some seem to remain?

1 Like

How does one quote a previous post?
(without having to copy it manually)

You can hit reply, then click on the "thought bubble in the upper left of the editor, and it will pull in the entire post you’re replying to in quotes. Then you can delete whatever you didn’t want to quote.

Or you can copy and paste the text you want to quote, and use the quotes in the editor (highlight text and then click the quotation mark.

How does one quote a previous post?

Or you can highlight the text (drag your mouse) in the forum section and a little menu will pop up with the quote option (also has copy quote and share options).

2 Likes

Bingo. Thank you.

Where are “settings”? profile/preferences? or elsewhere?

You have to click on your user icon top right. Then hit the human silhouette at the bottom of the menu bar. Then click preferences. Will take some getting used to the new icons and what they mean.

Rapture works. Especially because some users as we knew them are no more.

BTR could be “before the rapture”

Or simply “The Before” or “The After”

I feel it’s only appropriate to thank all of the moderators for everything they do and have done to support our platform and ability to bitch and moan and shoot the shit. And there is the need to update things to make it easier on your end, which is of paramount importance.

I also feel a little compelled to point out that this came out of nowhere and your post about “some changes” coming was misleading.

This really is a complete overhaul of ST as we knew it. Visually and functionally this is completely different.

Yes this is going to sound like bitching and complaining more than constructive criticism. Yes I understand we don’t pay for this forum. But yes I also understand many of us have been loyal members for decades.

I think we just appreciate and expect transparency. And we’ve been joking a little but the reality is usernames have to be changed or we’re lost, profiles different with maybe signatures, unsure explanations as to where the forums will go and how it will expand, the lack of page numbers and post counts for threads that reach into the hundreds of replies is now unsearchable, etc. Even though these things seem superfluous it’s pretty much the majority of what “we” users have on our end.

So yea I unquestionably appreciate everything the mods do but the passing comment about some forum changes and the timing missed the mark.

I’ll be a loyal servant and will make the best of it regardless but damn lol. Here to the new future!

when the user is unsure of what a menu button is (thanks for the steer to logo) or what collapsing a left hand (for that matter, is there a right hand to collapse?) nav feature is. it really is challenging. Those of us who have never ventured into the world of internet social media are faced with a steep and long learning curve.

It think The Snap would be appropriate, but Marvel might have that copywrited/copywritten?

I love the responses to the Change. I love the personalized doo-hickies. I don’t know why it’s entertaining, but it is.

I think it’s very cool that I see new names? How did that happen? Are old lurkers finally posting? It’s about damn time!

1 Like

The Fuckening.

3 Likes

Slowbitch.

2 Likes

Sphere, you seem so tough in times of stress, but the arrangement of data on your phone or laptop fucks you up. Your vulnerability is adorable.

How do we gif?

1 Like

Slowman is chainpin. Chainpin is Slowman.

Something big finally happened.

2 Likes

I hate changes, the old forum worked perfectly good,…oh what a hell…the bugs will be worked out and we will get used to it and be a happy dysfunctional family just as we were before. I like the like button, now just have to play around with the rest of the toys.
Oh shit, just noticed that we don’t have pages any more. Can we have the pages back? I HATE this stooopid autowhatever where ju just scroll and scroll and don’t know how long the thread is.

And why is there a window beside the window where I am typing where my text also appears? It creeps me out, looks like there are two of me.

The forum is now a blocked site at work for some reason. What am I now supposed to do when I’m at work? Work?

2 Likes

Yeah, I expect the same when I go back to work next week. Lots of workplaces, including government networks it seems, don’t allow Discourse chat rooms.

BTR is a no go. It is a type of Russian armored fighting vehicle.