Trump Watch

I watched about 25 minutes of that “interview”. It’s wild how he can talk so much and yet say nothing. I don’t understand how people can say they like his “policies”? He never articulates them. He just rambles. I get that not all politicians are able to talk policy in detail, but he is so clueless when he accuses Harris of doing exactly what he is doing.

At this point? If nothing has moved the needle before now…

• Jeff

I believe we’ve entered the no-time-for-subtlety phase of the campaign.

Wow, just wow. He’s losing it. He could say they’re going to terrorize our streets, fill our prisons and mental institutions, etc.

But no, they’re going to be your apartment managers.
cuckoo-coocoo

1 Like

Please tell me this is made up. This can not be real.

1 Like

See a previous thread for context.

I wonder who might be behind this little internet shitposting…

(False story about Harris having paralysed someone in a hit and run in 2011; reposted widely before being removed - Mark Twain was a prescient man).

2 Likes

Wow, fascinating article.

And all of this info leading to an American former cop who is now holed up in russia, and who helps putin on the side. And l like how they so amateurishly lifted all the photos from the interwebs.

1 Like

" Former President Donald Trump addressed the mass school shooting in Georgia during his Fox News town hall event in a key battleground state, vowing to “heal our world” if he’s re-elected.

“It’s a sick and angry world for a lot of reasons and we’re going to make it better. We’re going to heal our world. We’re going to get rid of all these wars that are starting all over the place because of incompetence,” Trump said Wednesday from the New Holland Arena in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.

Fox News’ Sean Hannity, who moderated the town hall, had cited the tragic and fatal shooting that unfolded Wednesday morning in Barrow County, Georgia at a high school, as well as the tight security surrounding Trump’s public events following the assassination attempt on his life in July.

“We’re going to hopefully do very well. We have an election coming up … We’re going to be, I think, we’re going to be very well set up to do a great job,” Trump added."

Now, I am fully prepared to assume that this was a prolonged fluffing by Hannity, and that Fox News has contrived to report the best bits. I am certainly not going to seek out the interview itself and watch those two kissing ring, so I work with what I have.

First off: the context is a mass shooting in a school in Georgia. What’s Trump going to do? “Heal our world”. Hmm. Well, he will be the president of the US if he has his way, not the world (yet). And how could “heal our world” possibly be less specific as to (a) what that means (b) how and (c) what that lofty ideal has to do with a mass shooting in a school in Georgia.

So first line is a swing and a miss.

Secondly, he immediately diverts to an unrelated subject; “all these wars”. Apparently wars are started because of incompetence. Yes, that’s right. Putin ordered the Russian army to invade Ukraine because someone was “incompetent”. Or perhaps Zelensky allowed him to invade because someone in Ukraine was “incompetent”. Ditto Hamas and Israel. Fucking idiot. I’m sure that is in Trump’s mind somehow connected to a mass shooting in Georgia. It is the “how” that is mystifying.

Still the good news is that Trump is completely on the ball: “we have an election coming up”. Yeah. Well done on that one. Also: not a lie. Rare.

2 Likes

your response, which is perfectly rational, reminds me of the cliche where (usually) men try to offer solutions to (usually) womens’ complaints, rather than just listening and making sympathetic noises.

you may be applying a logical filter to a (BS, inane, pandering) feelgood utterance. Logic doesn’t apply in his fanbase, they don’t want to do any actual work, they just want to feel better.

How do you get to them? Make their emotions uncomfortable. Hopefully the debate will do that.

That thread was good as it had local Colorado law enforcement confirming that the story being spread in the right wing echo chamber is nonsense.

Fact check: Has a violent Venezuelan gang taken over Aurora apartments? (denverpost.com)

We had a poster post a related false claim here
Migrants approached school buses, didn’t hijack them | Fact check (usatoday.com)

1 Like

Trump was just starting to make inroads into the latino vote. Doesn’t seem like blatant racism will help. I think even latinos who find the conservative religion and “we got here legally” ideology attractive understand what this post is about, which is scaring white people with pictures of scary brown people.

1 Like

From a video he posted tonight. I won’t subject you to the video and accompanying “music.”

I can’t vouch for the accuracy of this as I haven’t listened to the original, but this is doing the rounds. It’s an answer Trump gave at an economic club in NY yesterday, apparently.

Q: What specific legislation will you commit to to make child care affordable?

Trump: Well, I would do that and we’re sitting down, you know, I was, somebody, we had Marco Rubio and my daughter, Ivanka… But I think when you talk about the kind of numbers that I’m talking about that because the child care is, child care couldn’t, you know, there’s something you have to have it in this country, you have to have it… I want to stay with child care… So we’ll take care of it. Thank you.

so have a word with Ivanka and her team of nannies, and support the bill called “We Took Care of It”

reporters need to come to the grips with pressing him on specific when they ask about specific

When they try he throws a fit, calls them nasty and sometimes storms out. He also stops taking questions from that reporter.

The guy who made the video wasn’t sure how they salute in the US

1 Like

Does Laura Trump sing?

@Greg66

And Kamala is supposedly the not very smart one.

I want to know the relevancy of sitting down.