Slowtwitch...what is happening? What am I looking at

I’m not sure what the new overlords are trying to pull

Way too much white space! Too much like Reddit. Don’t like.

ETA: Really dislike being greeted by a “discobot”.

1 Like

The better to advertise to you, my dear…[insert cackling witch, which I’d do if I could figure out how to post a gif]

Also, not sure if/how the ‘quote response you’re responding to’ function works.

You’d think they’d pick a colour closer to… Uh… (Checks notes)… Lavender?

Your gif is not displaying.

FUCK! My eyes!

IT took me forever to finally get logged back in.

1 Like

Yea this is way too much. I dont think all thread posts are there. All messages gone.

Umm…

1 Like

I know it’s not. A material portion of my communication (such as it is) in this joint is gif-based. I am neither delighted nor amused.

Good news: If you were logged in on your mobile device, it is still the old forum. Hope that stays.

Bad news: A certain person is still here.

Not to mention it seems the block lists are gone. The one “member” I had blocked I am now seeing again and cannot see where to reblock.

1 Like

Yea the bot feature is weird. As are all the pop up notifications. And all these “badges” in the upper right patting me on the back for dumb shit.

This is now like original facebook. What…the…fuck.

1 Like

Hahaha, mck414. I shall haunt you forever now!

(Kidding. I’d like to think that I’m innocuous enough to not have made your block list of 1).

I have a bad feeling that these changes will essentially kill the ST forums …

1 Like

This is streamlined and easier to use?

I think I may just log right back out.

• Jeff
3 Likes

We have the LIKE feature!!

ETA:
I only liked MkSoandSo’s post because I saw the option to like. Love you, dude, and the feature, but not the complaint

This new format is good. It might take us a few hours to get the hang of it, but it’s fun. Also, it’s funny to see people complain, and I’m pretty sure the Overlords are laffing

ETAA if you sort w/o tags, you will see the latest posts & will feel oriented

It’s not just about feeling oriented.

Posts deleted
Messages deleted
IP limitations and difficulties logging in
Whitewashed site
Visually complex
Reply and quoting features requires more clicks and is by no means more streamlined
Formatting seems off
Gif compatible
Etc.

Like feature is a plus.

4 Likes

Our tech group pulled everything that had been posted as of about 5 AM this morning. Anything post that might be in limbo.

IP address fun is being worked on.

Unfortunately yes you need to re-mute users. Plus side: it should also mute threads they start.

For those talking ads, you’ll note there aren’t any at the moment. Future state. But let’s not pretend this was money motivated, because we’d have a thousand ads up already if it were.

That’s what I’m thinking.

Wasn’t the old site white background as well ?

I found the user mute. I will say adding in duration options is a cool feature if you want to block someone temporarily.

Profile → Preferences → Users

1 Like

We fixed it!

Lavender lives.

PS: if you enable dark mode it makes the site a more familiar gray…but darker.

1 Like