Poll: Do you like the new forum?

Same issue here except my other device is a Mac.

New format is horrible. Having less and less desire to check in everyday now. Combine that with the bugs, threads missing and now lag… Will be interesting to see if user engagement falls off a cliff…

2 Likes

Logins are broken for me also. I can’t log in using a password on my browser (Chrome or Firefox), nor on an Android phone.

The only thing that works for me is emailing a password link, but even that’s locked out now that I’ve made too many attempts. So once I lose the cookie on this browser, I won’t be able to get back in.

The passkeys are another story - I tried to set that up on Android and it appeared to work from the slowtwitch side, but the phone didn’t save the passkey anywhere. So that was another dead-end.

I did try changing my password once I got in, and it accepted the change, but I can’t login with that one either.

1 Like

I haven’t had any luck with Passkeys either so it’s not just you. I can login on one device only and once that’s gone, I may just pull the plug. Been here since 2007 and this is just too painful. Should be fun and it’s only frustrating since the change.

1 Like

too much space needing too much scrolling. i like to read many things on one page at a time. too much scrolling overloads my head.

3 Likes

Logging back in after time away from ST and dark mode on mobile was a nice surprise. Looks like an issue just for migrated threads but it is hard if not impossible to distinguish between replies to earlier posts and the original post itself on mobile.

i tired but can’t vote more than one

Seems all my old posts are gone.

I’m not in favor of change. The change is not really an issue. I just need to get use to it. The way of the world. It takes me back to pre-retirement. Change there happened daily. One of the reasons I retired besides age and I could.

Same here. I can only login in with an email link. Changing passwords did not work. Would be nice to get a fix for this.

i did not do anything and just put my head into the sand but it seem to work now lol

Does the “search” function work? For example, when I put in “Trek Speed Concept” nothing shows up. Also. why not put the “topics” across the top of the page thus getting rid of all the wasted space taking up 40% of the left side of every page. Lots of wasted space and unecessary scrolling when you can only see one or two posts on the entire page. Typesize, especially on the News page is simply way too large.

1 Like

Similar question, in search can you narrow a search to terms in subjects only? That feature was THE way to find threads about certain topics. If the new forum doesn’t have that feature, it’s a step backwards.

Besides that, I don’t love the new look, I liked a bit of the info that was there (date of last post, full name of poster/OP as opposed to a dumb icon). Whatever I guess I don’t like change either but I’ll miss the old forums.

Initially it looked like something was wrong or not loading properly but I think its nice once you get used to it!

I am having the exact same issues. Pretty frustrating.

I hope I get to where you are at; currently this version doesn’t suit my eye, and it insults my intellect, lol…

Whats up with login? I had to change my password to do so. I didn’t see anything in the FAQs about this.

The response I received from support@slowtwitch.com was that they’re working on it and hope to have the issues resolved ASAP.

Same. Finally figured that out so I could get in. Also searching google for stuff and all of the links to the old threads are broken, which makes 20+ years of useful content useless until it gets fixed.

Hopefully you guys know this already, but all the Google links are broken. If you Google for + slowtwitch, it gives you a forum result. But if you click on the link, it returns a 404 since the URLs are now different. Not sure if this needs to be handled by the Google index, or if you need to proxy the requests to the new URLs.

1 Like