Poll: Do you like the new forum?

Playing around with some new features and figured I would throw this out there for fun.

Do you like the new forum?
  • Yes. The old forum was archaic
  • No. I hate technology
  • I hate change and just want to complain
0 voters
1 Like

I like the fact that you can vote for a number of options at the same time :joy: was tempted to combine 1 and 3

2 Likes

I am beyond disappointed that the Brad Culp default of “triathlon is stupid” was not included as an option.

We do appreciate everyone’s feedback and patience as we continue porting everything on over.

Any feedback on the main site while we’re at it?

10 Likes

Did it let you vote for more than 1? I thought I set it up where you could only vote for 1.

I knew I was forgetting something. I just tried to add it as an option but it won’t let me change the poll after the first 5 minutes.

The three choices are slanted towards “if you don’t like the new forum it is for one of two negative reasons”. #2 you are just complaining #3 you are some sort of ignorant fool.

I can’t stand the new layout and am interested as to why the change was “needed”

4 Likes

If you must ask: Gossamer is an orphaned technology platform, relatively insecure, required a hell of a lot of custom development to keep moving along, and we were incapable of using Google Ad Services whatsoever with it.

Did we nail everything out of the gate? No. Of course not.

4 Likes

Logging back in to Dark Mode was the most unclenching thing that I didn’t know this forum needed. Molto bene

6 Likes

I still can’t log in with username/password with having to change it every attempt.

It may take a bit to get used to but I promise that every single thing about this forum architecture is better for back end devs and front end users compared to before.

1 Like

My bad, I was able to check more than one answer but then you can’t submit the votes. So no, it didn’t actually let me vote for two options.

Is there a “so far seems to be pretty good” option?

Aside from transitioning some old threads inclusive of quotes, I don’t see much missing functionality and the new stuff will grow on me.

It’s like going from a cockpit of an F-16 to F-18 to an F-35. You can still go and pull 5Gs and get yourself in trouble in all of the cockpits. They just look different.

It’s not bad, but there is just way too much white space and empty real estate in the margins. Seems better suited to a mobile browser?

1 Like

How do you quickly get to the end of a thread? It takes me back to the beginning of every thread… and scrolling is very slow as it loads each page… so for some very long threads, it’s painful to reach the newest entries.

What’s the point of such a pretentious poll?

It doesn’t matter whether I like it or not. I am a Luddite though.

I’m most using mobile right now since I’m traveling but when I click on a thread, it takes me to the oldest post I haven’t read. Similar to the previous forum.

You can also tap/click the bottom right (blue box) that shows current post number/total # of posts in the thread and quickly scroll through the thread. That feature should be pretty useful for the larger threads.

I hate technology for sure, but not sure why that would factor in to my liking or dislike of the new forum format. I am still using the same technology. I still hate that we all have phones and shit in our pockets, but the aesthetic of the forum has no relevance to that.

Typo alert, home page, item 6:

“ We are commenting to help the user have the best possible purchasing experience possible so that they can have more time to not only train but spend more time with family, loved ones and community members.”

Should be “committing”?

Also, when looking at the forum, I don’t need the lefthand column listing all the other places I could go. Can that please fold to the left? Maybe I’m just not seeing a button or handle to disappear it.

Working on an iPad. (Edited to add: Clicking on the mobile device icon, the one that looks like a phone) makes the left hand column disappear, so more screen real estate is devoted to the things I do want to see, so all good for now.)

Also, I liked all the badges I got for merely signing in and looking around.

I added this just to see if I could upload an image.

1 Like

Just getting back to Slowtwitch after a bit, and back into the tri scene as well. Boom! Another change. It’s ok but too much space, white background or something. Previously I could cover alot of ground/topics in a short space. the previous may have seemed congested to some but efficient use of space to me. Oh well, will get used to it.

1 Like