HOOOO-LEEEE SH!T. Trump is DONE

he also said there was an illegal immigrant invasion, and they were taking black jobs. He was asked what is a black job, and trump responded as any job is a black job.

Both times the audience laughed at him.

In TFG’s little mind they were laughing with him. Much as the time he spoke at the UN and they laughed at him.

Maybe unlike you guys Trump think black jobs ARE all jobs, not just barbers, nails and McDonald’s?

Again reading through this thread the pure level of hatred is palpable, republicans are dumb, nasty, stupid etc… The hate is strong.

If “black jobs” = “all Jobs” then there is no reason to ever say “black jobs.”

He meant it as a descriptor, and when pressed to explain what it describes or what kind of jobs those would be, he sees the trap of his own making and tries to pivot to something palatable.

It is bullshit.

“Illegal immigrants are taking black jobs” does not mean they are taking all kinds of jobs.

Don’t even try to gaslight us into thinking that we are the ones demonstrating racist thinking. Ain’t gonna happen.

ALL JOBS MATTER!!!

he also said there was an illegal immigrant invasion, and they were taking black jobs. He was asked what is a black job, and trump responded as any job is a black job.

In TFG’s little mind they were laughing with him. Much as the time he spoke at the UN and they laughed at him.

Maybe unlike you guys Trump think black jobs ARE all jobs, not just barbers, nails and McDonald’s?

Again reading through this thread the pure level of hatred is palpable, republicans are dumb, nasty, stupid etc… The hate is strong.

If “black jobs” = “all Jobs” then there is no reason to ever say “black jobs.”

He meant it as a descriptor, and when pressed to explain what it describes or what kind of jobs those would be, he sees the trap of his own making and tries to pivot to something palatable.

It is bullshit.

“Illegal immigrants are taking black jobs” does not mean they are taking all kinds of jobs.

Don’t even try to gaslight us into thinking that we are the ones demonstrating racist thinking. Ain’t gonna happen.

I agree, wouldn’t it be nice if we didn’t acknowledge the colour of peoples skin and just saw everyone as human…

And this is yet another example of how people get hysterical and read into words whatever they want. If the script was flipped and KH said all jobs are black jobs you would be saying right on…

How dumb does he think people are?

Over 74 million people answered that question about four years ago.

Tyler is lining up in the dumb line.

Still struggling to keep it civil I see…

That was very civil. I didn’t say that he’s dumb.

As long as he doesn’t use “black accent” whatever the F that is, he is safe.

Didn’t Iggy Azaela or whatever he name was get cancelled for using black accent as a white person and ‘black fishing’…

It’s funny watching people pretend to be ignorant when it suits their agenda

Huh?

Harris isnt really black that she is Indian WHO BECAME BLACK.

How exactly does this happen?

According to Jesse Waters’ “logic”, it was when she voted for Obama.

Damn, a lot of us must be black too if that’s all it takes.

Sometimes, when I swear, I say ‘sheeeeeeiiiit’.

Am… am I black?

Are you saying there is no such thing as a black accent?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/01/04/how-a-white-australian-rapper-mastered-her-blaccent/

Of course she was cancelled for cultural appropriation…

https://x.com/.../1818724810589192686

Oh god. Everything just gets worse.

In this clip, he waits for the journo to turn away, takes the journos water bottle and tightens it - like a child - because he doesnt like the questions.

Wow. This is going to get memed.

It looks to me like he is rotating that lid anti clockwise?

Now I don’t know if the coriolis effect applies to lids also, but down here that loosens the lid.

So he could have opened it ready for a sip.

Yeah it looks like he went to open the bottle, not tighten it. He may have just changed his mind about drinking it, but this idea that he maliciously tightened it seems like a stretch. There are legitimate reasons to criticize him. This doesn’t seem to be one.

Yes. I can envisage being in a meeting, grabbing a bottle and cracking the lid getting ready for a sip later.

His team can easily swing that and say he was getting it ready for that demure woman interviewer.

I can’t believe that the original point had me sufficiently filled with doubt that I climbed out of bed at 4am to test a bottle in the darkness. Myth: Busted.

I thought drinking from someone else’s water is how you spread Covid. That’s how Larry David gave it to the Boss.

He may be suggesting that she identified primarily by her Indian ethnicity through her mom, until it became politically expedient for her to identify more as a black woman, and that at some point she started presenting herself more in that light.

(not endorsing this line of thought, just trying to frame it in terms that might make sense)

He isn’t that thoughtful. And unless he knew her when she was 12 it doesn’t work. Having gone to an HBCU for undergrad. That change would have had to happen awfully early.

Re: your last sentence…The list is long and not difficult to articulate. I shan’t make the attempt because a) I’ve got more useful things to do, and b) I fear the bulk of my fellow LR denzians should suffer the vapors (not that the LR is left leaning or anything).

personally, i would find this a worthwhile investigation. you are a californian are you not? i ask for this reason: during the last 2 cycles i voted R for my california state senator, and i voted D during the last 2 cycles for my federal options. your point above bears in this, because I see Ds in california differently than i see Ds in washington, because every D i vote for in my district is a swing district D and it’s the same for president.

so, setting aside all the campaign horseshit i see real concerns with the Ds in calif and the very last thing i want is a supermajority here. but i don’t see that in washington. i would probably vote for an R if my other option was, say, jayapal, or ilhan omar, unless the R was a MAGA (and of course that’s highly likely).

the world looked very different in 2019 and 2020 than it does today, if you’re kamala harris. her problem in 2020 was not that she was a liberal. it’s that she was a centrist trying on some liberal pantsuits and she looked about as comfortable doing that as trump did today speaking to black journos.

pardon my droning on. my point is, you took issue with this: “anyone who thinks the d party has gone too far left typically have difficulty articulating why they think that.” the fact that you didn’t articulate reasons kind of validates the point of the person making that statement, does it not? i would like to see someone like you who appears - if i could venture a guess - a non-MAGA conservative to place pen to paper and on the hyper-leftiness of the ruling cabal of Ds on the national level. (if you want to complain about california’s Ds on the state level, i’ll probably be right there with you.)

Trump was clear what he thinks black jobs are…jobs that an undocumented immigrant can walk across the border and take.

I am sure Dear Lead appreciates you jumping to his defense during this difficult time. He can always count on his loyal followers defending his gibberish.

I have no idea what it is. I know it really upsets some on here. I mean, if Trump crossed that line, might be disqualifying.

I bet his supporters watching are thinking about how good he’s doing against such nasty, unfair women ganging up on him.

This isn’t moving the needle. At this point the Republicans could run a convicted serial murderer and the sheep will get in line, because to them it’s still better than the alternative.
This. His supporters are a combination of nasty and dumb. The former want the chaos. The latter hear each word but do not understand the meaning of a full sentence, so ofc they think his words are wise. It’s the same demographic that blast Born In The USA over the summer and think its a patriotic song.

The thing is, most Trump supporters I know are not nasty or dumb - they’re well off professionals, middle/upper class families, successful business owners, etc. that the Dems have just gone too far left for. Many are incredibly tolerant, welcoming, generous people. Sure, there may be a subset of the diehard MAGA nuts, but that’s not the group that’s going to make or break him.

meh, i call bullshit. you may think they’re lovely people, but it’s a two-party system. they are voting for trump, who’s just objectively a bad person. he’s a felon. he says and does awful things and by supporting him they provide cover for that. if they want to claim that the “dems have gone too far left,” they’re certainly allowed to say that. but they’ve made their choice to support trump and get to carry that stench with them, and no amount of niceness and welcoming washes that stench away.

I think most of the intelligent middle class voters for Trump simply tune out any information that would ordinarily challenge their moral compasses, or would otherwise normally disqualify him as a candidate for them. They are well aware that his a “weird” guy, that does immoral things, but they rationalize it away as him being not your usual politician.

And many of them genuinely believe the 2020 election was fraudulent, although if you dig deep with the most intelligent of them, they will only point to the PA election as being “unfair” because the rules were changed not by the state legislature, which is how election changes should be amended. They also ignore the fact that this was contested in the courts and the changes were accepted by the courts.

The bottom line is that they identify as Republicans and will only vote for a Republican, all other information be damned.

Yeah … I think a big part is lack of diversity in news sources. If all you listen to is CNN you will have a completely different viewpoint as someone who only listens to Fox. It is too bad that many of the major news organizations have lost the plot and only reinforce their circles.

Having said that, the r party is off the rails. I wish they would actually listen to constituents and form a coherent message that keeps them relevant. But anyone who thinks the d party has gone too far left typically have difficulty articulating why they think that.

drn92
Disclaimer: I’m a Trump hater…
The first sentence in your last paragraph sadly seems mostly true. Re: your last sentence…
The list is long and not difficult to articulate. I shan’t make the attempt because a) I’ve got more useful things to do, and b) I fear the bulk of my fellow LR denzians should suffer the vapors (not that the LR is left leaning or anything).

The policies of the Democratic Party in the US are not particularly leftist on a western democracy scale. By most measures they are center-right. Meanwhile the policies of MAGA are far-right nationalist.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/01/04/how-a-white-australian-rapper-mastered-her-blaccent/

If you’re trying to draw an equivalence between a white Australian rapper wearing an inner city Atlanta affect like Robert Downey Jr in Tropic Thunder, to a supremely accomplished black woman who attended a historically black university and joined a historically black sorority because she speaks both cultural aspects of her life fluently, then it would seem you’re not doing much to quell the stereotype of ignorance among Trump supporters.

I’m sure you remember Hillary doing something similar, except the opposite. And she was rightly skewered for it.

Re: your last sentence…The list is long and not difficult to articulate. I shan’t make the attempt because a) I’ve got more useful things to do, and b) I fear the bulk of my fellow LR denzians should suffer the vapors (not that the LR is left leaning or anything).

personally, i would find this a worthwhile investigation. you are a californian are you not? i ask for this reason: during the last 2 cycles i voted R for my california state senator, and i voted D during the last 2 cycles for my federal options. your point above bears in this, because I see Ds in california differently than i see Ds in washington, because every D i vote for in my district is a swing district D and it’s the same for president.

so, setting aside all the campaign horseshit i see real concerns with the Ds in calif and the very last thing i want is a supermajority here. but i don’t see that in washington. i would probably vote for an R if my other option was, say, jayapal, or ilhan omar, unless the R was a MAGA (and of course that’s highly likely).

the world looked very different in 2019 and 2020 than it does today, if you’re kamala harris. her problem in 2020 was not that she was a liberal. it’s that she was a centrist trying on some liberal pantsuits and she looked about as comfortable doing that as trump did today speaking to black journos.

pardon my droning on. my point is, you took issue with this: “anyone who thinks the d party has gone too far left typically have difficulty articulating why they think that.” the fact that you didn’t articulate reasons kind of validates the point of the person making that statement, does it not? i would like to see someone like you who appears - if i could venture a guess - a non-MAGA conservative to place pen to paper and on the hyper-leftiness of the ruling cabal of Ds on the national level. (if you want to complain about california’s Ds on the state level, i’ll probably be right there with you.)

the great news was that she then got put on the ticket with another centrist and has had a chance to run the country using centrist policies for the last 3.5 years. So she ought to be able to take full responsibility for the results of same, espouse her centrist views during the campaign, and defend the non-centrist things she said in 2019 and 2020.

According to Jesse Waters’ “logic”, it was when she voted for Obama.

Damn, a lot of us must be black too if that’s all it takes.

Sometimes, when I swear, I say ‘sheeeeeeiiiit’.

Am… am I black?

Trump threw a black power salute today…still not black.

trump fist.jpg

If you’re trying to draw an equivalence between a white Australian rapper wearing an inner city Atlanta affect like Robert Downey Jr in Tropic Thunder, to a supremely accomplished black woman who attended a historically black university and joined a historically black sorority because she speaks both cultural aspects of her life fluently, then it would seem you’re not doing much to quell the stereotype of ignorance among Trump supporters.

I’m sure you remember Hillary doing something similar, except the opposite. And she was rightly skewered for it.

I was responding to the person who was claiming there was no such thing as a back accent. Wether the accent is ‘put on’ by a white person or a black person it’s still fake…

the great news was that she then got put on the ticket with another centrist and has had a chance to run the country using centrist policies for the last 3.5 years. So she ought to be able to take full responsibility for the results of same, espouse her centrist views during the campaign, and defend the non-centrist things she said in 2019 and 2020.

i have no problem with that.

And this is yet another example of how people get hysterical and read into words whatever they want. If the script was flipped and KH said all jobs are black jobs you would be saying right on…

Any thoughts on Trump’s event today or are you just here to lash out at the critics?

i have no problem with that.

me either. If she can be successful enough at that to change the appropriate number of viewpoints in the appropriate states then this country will decide to continue on in a centrist direction for at least another 4 years.

Fake is an unhelpful term in this context. It’s like saying the cadence of a preacher is fake. It’s not how they talk at the dinner table, but it’s clearly an established way of communicating in some contexts, and doing so in that context isn’t fakery—unlike with Iggy Azalea, who adopted the affect to sound inner city. If you or I recorded a reggae album and affected a Kingston accent, that’d be fake. If you or I walked up to a pulpit not being preachers and did our best MLK Jr impersonation, that’d be fake. But a preacher talking in the cadence of a preacher, not fake. Kamala speaking to other black Americans in that manner, not fake.

Being part of the culture is the key to authenticity. Kamala is, Azalea was not. Hillary was not.