Harris V Trump Sept 10.. Lets get ready to rumble

Harris came this close to calling Trump a dumb f*** or the equivalent on national TV (wrt inviting the Taliban to Camp David).

3 Likes

Everyone was waiting for her word to describe
Trump— buffoon, jackass, asshole, etc.

Is Trump telling us that he’s going to produce the health care plan— the one that was always 2 weeks away? lol

Trump is old and tired and we need to turn the page

He did admit that they have “concepts” but no plan. I think she was going to hammer that but her time was up

1 Like

The 85B figure is a lie. DoD has estimated that US equipment given to Afghan forces and then surrendered had been worth about $7.1B.
FIRST ON CNN: US left behind $7 billion of military equipment in Afghanistan after 2021 withdrawal, Pentagon report says | CNN Politics

To be used by the terrorists that Trump worked to be freed
PolitiFact | Mitt Romney accurately says Trump administration worked to free 5,000 Taliban prisoners

Haven’t counted but Trump seems to get a lot more opportunities to respond. He seems to get the last word because they won’t leave his mike off. At least this was somewhat moderated by fact checking.

She closed first with the economy. The only way she goes down in defeat is the economy, because as Tyler reported back in June, Propaganda works.

And that goes to her favor. No worries.

And he closed screaming at you

Time for the old man to get off his porch.

I wasn’t able to watch all of it, but I thought that she did very well. I will cede that he did do better than I thought he would as he did seem more prepared than I expected. I think that she represented herself as someone with a vision for the future while he just wants to rehash old greivances.

I am sure the local Trumpers will be along to tell us that debates don’t matter.

The same people who toasted Biden for his debate performance will be silent about the old man who yelled at clouds tonight.

You missed alot then. He had nothing of substance to counter a fuckton of facts, and worked way too hard to wedge some border bullshit into every rambling response, while never actually answering simple questions. Danced and diverted like a mofo when asked about J6 - 3x. He was accomodated far too much and fact checked far too little, although a couple times which was good. She was composed and articulate in the face of a wave of bullshit and handled herself well. His closing statement was a loony finger pointing whine, while she presented actual ideas and plans and vision.

1 Like

Overall I think Harris handled it well. Trump was his usual bloviating self.

The one opportunity Harris may have missed was on the subject of her ethnicity. Trump gave her a great opportunity to talk about being born in the US as a child of immigrants; she could’ve spoken about how she embraces both her Black and Indian heritage, and how her family came to the US to embrace the American dream.

Overall I’d say Harris passed the test, and may have won over a number of previously wavering voters.

Agree, but I thought that was even great too. She went high road. The one time he tried to bait her, she didn’t take it. Talked about how he views and treats everyone else, steered away from personal offense.

And the other side of the coin is that he for sure did nothing to bring that wavering voter to go his way.

Taylor Swift posted a release saying that she is endorsing Kamala Harris. The photo she used shows her holding a cat. Guess she is one of those childless cat ladies.

1 Like

She signed the Insta post “Childless Cat Lady”.

https://x.com/Victorshi2020/status/1833703252430368822?s=19

Taylor Swift just came out and endorsed, Harris. Boom.

2 Likes

It does seem she totally threw him off whatever the prepared closing was, cause all he did was respond to her, and never really got to a closing.

Just watched fox… they basically admitted she won, then went to blaming the interviewers it was 3 on 1 and hanity followed with they should have asked her … … and have basically moved on off of the debate. Clearly they thought he lost.

A quick one liner that flew by, but I thought was a big deal was when she doubled back to call out one of his many BS points, and said Tim Walz and I are both gun owners. We are not going to take away your guns.