Family SUV recommendations

I drive a Buick enclave and like it (my wife wouldn’t let me get a mini van).

I think it’s the lowest priced car that has “captains chairs” in the second row.

She wouldn’t let you get a minivan (b/c they’re not cool?), but she let you get a Buick??

I think it’s the lowest priced car that has “captains chairs” in the second row.

She wouldn’t let you get a minivan (b/c they’re not cool?), but she let you get a Buick??

Lol. My first reaction to seeing that post was to think “I didn’t even realize they still made Buicks!”

Next somebody is going to recommend a Saturn, just to mess with me.

Why not just wait for the BMW M5 Touring? Coming soon to Canada. It’s only like $140k.

Because I’m a fan of using turn signals.

I’m convinced you also have to pay extra for turn signals on those.

Why not just wait for the BMW M5 Touring? Coming soon to Canada. It’s only like $140k.

I’m convinced you also have to pay extra for turn signals on those.

I believe BMW recently introduced a subscription payment model to use their turn signals.

I drive an X1 and use mine occasionally.

*Disclaimer, I’m a Mazda employee.

Why not a CX-90, or if you don’t need a 3rd row, CX-70?

Similar in size to a Grand Highlander, better finish.

Outstanding vehicle.

I bought a 2023 GMC Acadia in Oct of last year for skiing, carrying bike and transporting Elderly Mom when those situation arise.
It is a good vehicle, got the 4 cylinder and it will go 80 mph all day and up the side of the mtn.

Con: It drives like a Couch. As it should. Limited Road feel which mean I drive very slow on twisty mtn roads. But in the city and on the Freeway it is great.

But the reason I am responding is you really might want to look at the Toyota Sienna. Hybrid Gets 30+ mpg and can take a BUNCH of Shit and People whereever you want to go.
I don’t have kids so, I am not getting a mini van. But it was in the decision tree.

I mentioned this elsewhere. If this decision was purely up to me, I’d strongly consider a Toyota sienna or Honda Odyssey. However, this is my wife’s daily driver, and these two options are completely out of the question for her, because minivan.

I bought a 2023 GMC Acadia in Oct of last year for skiing, carrying bike and transporting Elderly Mom when those situation arise.
It is a good vehicle, got the 4 cylinder and it will go 80 mph all day and up the side of the mtn.

Con: It drives like a Couch. As it should. Limited Road feel which mean I drive very slow on twisty mtn roads. But in the city and on the Freeway it is great.

But the reason I am responding is you really might want to look at the Toyota Sienna. Hybrid Gets 30+ mpg and can take a BUNCH of Shit and People whereever you want to go.
I don’t have kids so, I am not getting a mini van. But it was in the decision tree.

My work vehicle is a GMC Acadia. It’s borderline a piece of shit.

Really, what should I be on the look out for?

As a general SUV it does what its supposed. Carry buttts and Junk in relative comfort at Highway Speed.

I mentioned this elsewhere. If this decision was purely up to me, I’d strongly consider a Toyota sienna or Honda Odyssey. However, this is my wife’s daily driver, and these two options are completely out of the question for her, because minivan.

You should tell your wife her vanity has to be put aside for the family

Because he’s not an asshole

Lol. My first reaction to seeing that post was to think “I didn’t even realize they still made Buicks!”

Next somebody is going to recommend a Saturn, just to mess with me.

Packard makes a fine sedan

I drive a BMW. This checks out.

Upgraded from the Mini?

Upgraded from the Mini?

You got it Pontiac.

Upgraded from the Mini?

You got it Pontiac.

That’s what I should get. A nice Pontiac.

Another Pilot vote. I got mine a year ago. Wife’s vehicle is a CX-5 and I really like it, other than it’s a 2014 and really out of date compared to the newer tech. I drive the Kia, Hyundai, Mazda, and Toyota three row vehicles. Toyota Highlander felt so disconnected/ fly by wire. CX-9 was oddly laid out, with a much smaller cargo area that it looked it it should have (the large cargo area was why we bought the cx-5 since we have 2 dogs), and while the Kia and Hyundai are nice, I just couldn’t get past the experiences that several of my friends have had with both brands. Drove a 4runner and liked it more than the Highlander, but its really rugged and out of date (not the brand new model). After retesting back to back we got the Pilot.

It’s really been great. We got the 7 seat (captains chairs) version. EX-L. While I wouldn’t mind heated side mirrors and ventilated seats, I HATE sunroofs, and so I tend to stay away from higher trims. Its been great. It’s not super sporty, but way better than the Highlander IMO. I definitely feel a difference between it and the CX-5 when I hop back in that. Cargo space is great. I coach track and xc, so I need to lug around a bunch of stuff during the seasons. My rear seat stays folded 90% of the time. Tech is fine. I know there’s bigger infotainment screens out there, but I don’t find myself lusting after a bigger screen at all. Easily viewable and accessible. Handles fine in the snow and ice. Better tires than stock would help even more. My biggest gripe is the lack of aftermarket roof rack options. My favorite thing about the CX-5 is the Yakima rack, and I should have researched more before realizing after purchase that pretty much the only option is the factory rack. It’s fine, but it will require some adaptation for some of our longer road trips.

And long driving is where the Pilot shines to me. Seats are comfy, handling is middle of the road, the ride is smooth, and noise minimal. The cockpit layout is highly accessible. Tons of storage space and cubbies to stash stuff in arms reach.

All in all, zero buyers remorse.

You should tell your wife her vanity has to be put aside for the family

Sure. Right after I tell her to “just calm down”.

Upgraded from the Mini?

You got it Pontiac.

That’s what I should get. A nice Pontiac.

Go with the Aztec. A car ahead of its time.