Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Indeed, but also Geesmann and Frodeno are taking turns coaching Lionel and Sam Long (Geesmann takes odd weeks with Lionel and Frodeno with Long, and it’s the other way round in even weeks.

I know this because of a comment I found on YouTube.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What in the entire f**k is going on with the collective investigatory skills of Slowtwitch lol.

But it would be sweet if Jan was actually coaching Lionel and not just some 'consulting' BS.
Quote Reply
Re: [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want to throw this idea here after watching the Day 5 video. Someone should make the bottom of regular bottle looking like a torpedo. It looks like having a water bottle right in front of the chest is becoming a trend so why not make it more aerodynamic? That would be awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: Re: [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or better yet, a bottle cage with the torpedo shape at the bottom that just accepts any regular bottle.
Quote Reply
Re: Re: [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s a thousand dollar idea 😂

I would buy a few.
Quote Reply
Re: Re: [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont think you guys are getting it with this torpedo shaped bottom. It seems to me to be the opposite. Think about why guys were stuffing 2 liter bottles in their jerseys..I believe the point was to close up that space, not make it more of a catch.

So what you want is to make a bottle with a huge flat bottom, that tapers to something you can then drink out of. Something that blocks as much of that entry way to your chest as possible..At least I think that is what everyone was doing before it became illegal...

And just so you all remember, you heard it here first!!!
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
dfru wrote:
marcag wrote:
AC Prestation wrote:
Just replying to the latest, just me who noticed a very famous triathletes voice in the background towards the end?!

Never mind voice. He is in the video holding the smoke wand. Watch the very end.

This is the worst kept secret in triathlon lol.

But...the greatest thing in triathlon. Testing all the things Jan asked about - coincidentally - raising bars, kits, etc. This is going to be an exciting chapter!

In March, in Girona, I had a pro ask me if Lionel was being coached by Jan, just because they noticed a certain pattern in his swim workouts.

How people notice this shit is beyond me.

Haha that's super impressive. Mine is more that I happen to know someone who knows someone who knows someone. Plus...I know Talbot but he's hard to get straight shit out of lol

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Th4ddy wrote:
Or better yet, a bottle cage with the torpedo shape at the bottom that just accepts any regular bottle.

Haha that’s it!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Re: [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
I dont think you guys are getting it with this torpedo shaped bottom. It seems to me to be the opposite. Think about why guys were stuffing 2 liter bottles in their jerseys..I believe the point was to close up that space, not make it more of a catch.

So what you want is to make a bottle with a huge flat bottom, that tapers to something you can then drink out of. Something that blocks as much of that entry way to your chest as possible..At least I think that is what everyone was doing before it became illegal...

This is very interesting. You would think anything looking like torpedo would me more aerodynamic but I didn’t think about deflecting air factor. I wish someone comes up with computer graphic video explaining this.
Quote Reply
Re: Re: [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

Did you catch the part where he says "at Kona this will actually be an aero loss but let's put it in the plus column for now" ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Th4ddy wrote:

I actually did this a few years ago by taking a styrofoam ball from a craft store, cutting it in half and gorilla gluing it to the bottom of my bottle cage. No idea if it saved any actual watts.
Quote Reply
Re: Re: [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

🤯 BOOM!

Quote Reply
Re: Re: [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:

🤯 BOOM!

Damn!!! That's a lot of boxes por Patrick Lange HAHA!!

Edit:

Just finished the video. That was an awesome series, I had a lot of fun watching all of it. Great job, Talbot.
Last edited by: TulkasTri: May 27, 24 9:26
Quote Reply
Re: Re: [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you see the thing Lionel was wearing around his chest?

Looked like maybe a pump up compression piece to help his ribs heal?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He said in a video about his injury he had a stimulator or something to help the healing process. Must be it.
Quote Reply
Re: Re: [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a big German warehouse full of Chinese carbon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:

It's a Lululemon fanny pack / cross body. Some people find it fashionable.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Re: [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
MrTri123 wrote:

It's a Lululemon fanny pack / cross body. Some people find it fashionable.

Correct - but later there was another contraption he was wearing. It was not fashionable lol, and I would assume it's for the rib...

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Re: [buzzsaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
buzzsaw wrote:
That's a big German warehouse full of Chinese carbon.

Since we are talking about mid-to-high level components:
Shimano is mostly Japan and Malaysia.
Sram is allmost completely Taiwan
Continental is Germany
Schwalbe is Vietnam
Selle is coming from Italy
DT from Taiwan
Carbon is likely a mix of China, Taiwan, and Vietnam using Japanese raw material.

The % content that is Chinese on these bikes is probably significantly lower than you think, and it continues to drop. Even carbon frame manufacturing is leaving. At least for the name brands. Of course Alibaba junk will probably stay, along with the low-tier components.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
christianlee wrote:
Nillsvdb wrote:
Talbot mentioned in the Protrinews podcast that Lionel was thinking about doing 3 full ironmans and compete in the series but that his "coach" talked him out of it - he has a new coach now?

There have been a lot of subtle hints about Lionel having a coach, and there have been equal hints about Frodeno, now that he is retired, doing some coaching along with his PTO broadcast team work.

I could very easily see Jan LOVING the challenge of getting Lionel to the top step in Kona.

ProTri news this week also had another hint, when they were talking about the IM Lanzarote coach who started in the AG wave, but caught up to their athlete to pace them to a podium finish. Someone said that it's kind of an isolated incident, because not many coaches can start behind their pro athlete and catch-up to be able to pace during the race. Talbot responded "I think I know one coach who could do that..." and after some brief chuckles the subject quickly changed.

Maybe Talbot can chime-in and quash this, but that made my ears perk-up. Maybe just wishful thinking after being a big fan of Lionel's for 8 years and really hoping he works with someone who he respects enough to absolutely listen to. I can only think of one person who fits that bill.
Sorry to disappoint you: it's a joke: this is a reference to 'Coach Sanders' telling 'Athlete Sanders' to get back in his box/ice bath.
And @talbot cox's "I think I know one coach who could do that..." wheeze referred to the same 'coach' Or maybe they were referring to 'Coach Long'.
marcag wrote:
We need to keep an eye open in today's video. See if we see a really tall shadow or something like that.
Or perhaps a shadowy figure who throws no shadow?

Sorry to disappoint you but in Protrinews podcast it was confirmed Jan Frodeno is coaching Lionel - exciting stuff!
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
marcag wrote:
dfru wrote:
marcag wrote:
AC Prestation wrote:
Just replying to the latest, just me who noticed a very famous triathletes voice in the background towards the end?!

Never mind voice. He is in the video holding the smoke wand. Watch the very end.

This is the worst kept secret in triathlon lol.

But...the greatest thing in triathlon. Testing all the things Jan asked about - coincidentally - raising bars, kits, etc. This is going to be an exciting chapter!

In March, in Girona, I had a pro ask me if Lionel was being coached by Jan, just because they noticed a certain pattern in his swim workouts.

How people notice this shit is beyond me.

Haha that's super impressive. Mine is more that I happen to know someone who knows someone who knows someone. Plus...I know Talbot but he's hard to get straight shit out of lol

Surprised it hasn't been said - confirmed on the PTN podcast that Jan is coaching Lionel. This...is awesome - and you can just see that Lionel is on board and learning and getting fitter. Let's see what's next!

Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm a fan of lionel's. i grew up down the road from him and see myself in him too - a stubborn tinkerer, a loner, a biker, etc.

but - BUT - lionel's biggest challenge now and always will be to avoid stepping on his own dick. commit to the damned plan, at age 36, take good advice, think of the long term, sort the details, be professional. his ceiling is astonishingly high but he's got to get it right.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply

Prev Next