Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Odds of IMT 70.3 been posponed [Mell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The province is announcing their reopening plan today.... i'm assuming we should know soon after
Quote Reply
Re: Odds of IMT 70.3 been posponed [benleg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
benleg wrote:
The province is announcing their reopening plan today.... i'm assuming we should know soon after

I am betting: "IM70.3 Tremblant rescheduled for Sept 4th"
Quote Reply
Re: Odds of IMT 70.3 been posponed [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based on what I'm seeing leaked about "the plan" being unfolded today. Quebec will start easing restrictions slowly. That means no racing until second doses are administered and beyond. I have my second dose scheduled for Aug.23. Add 3 weeks to that and there's no way Quebec will allow an Ironman event in 2021.
Quote Reply
Re: Odds of IMT 70.3 been posponed [WHITEJM74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WHITEJM74 wrote:
Based on what I'm seeing leaked about "the plan" being unfolded today. Quebec will start easing restrictions slowly. That means no racing until second doses are administered and beyond. I have my second dose scheduled for Aug.23. Add 3 weeks to that and there's no way Quebec will allow an Ironman event in 2021.

Thanks all for the updates, I will keep an eye out for the announcement this afternoon. I'm in BC and we have no re-opening plan except not to expect one soon, nor anything like Saskatchewan :'(
Quote Reply
Re: Odds of IMT 70.3 been posponed [WHITEJM74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WHITEJM74 wrote:

My daugther in Quebec has hers Sept 8th and there are quite a few after her, so your numbers seems right. In Ontario my son has his 2nd Oct 7th. So 2nd vaccine will be finished around mid October IMO.
Last edited by: marcag: May 18, 21 14:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
According to an official city email, the employee mentioned no Ironman races in 2021 in Mont-Tremblant. Hopefully things change with tonight's announcement.
Last edited by: Charles_D: May 18, 21 9:58
Quote Reply
Re: Odds of IMT 70.3 been posponed [Charles_D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Charles_D wrote:
According to an official city email, the employee mentioned no Ironman races in 2021 in Mont-Tremblant. Hopefully things change with tonight's announcement.

As in they did not mention Ironman races or there would be no Ironman races? Your post was ambiguous.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Odds of IMT 70.3 been posponed [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
Charles_D wrote:

As in they did not mention Ironman races or there would be no Ironman races? Your post was ambiguous.

The email was posted on FB. It said no races in June and probably not in August.
Quote Reply
Re: Odds of IMT 70.3 been posponed [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
Charles_D wrote:

The email was posted on FB. It said no races in June and probably not in August.

The email I saw said ''This year there is no Ironman in Mont-Tremblant due to Covid-19''

Does it mean only the 70.3 of both, that I don't know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Charles_D wrote:
marcag wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
Charles_D wrote:

The email I saw said ''This year there is no Ironman in Mont-Tremblant due to Covid-19''

Does it mean only the 70.3 of both, that I don't know.

The email I saw said no 70.3 in June. No decision on August but it was unlikely, to be confirmed in July.
Quote Reply
Re: Odds of IMT 70.3 been posponed [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NEWS IS OUT! Postponed to September 12th. 5150/Sprint Cancelled.

Our teams have been hard at work preparing safe and enjoyable in-person events for our athletes in 2021, including the IRONMAN 5i50, Sprint and 70.3 Mont-Tremblant triathlons.
Unfortunately, after evaluating the current status and impacts of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic with local officials, we regret to share that the 2021 IRONMAN 5i50, Sprint and 70.3 Mont-Tremblant cannot take place as originally scheduled. We are, however, pleased to share the IRONMAN 70.3 Mont-Tremblant event has been tentatively rescheduled for Sept. 12, 2021. The 5i50 and Sprint Mont-Tremblant triathlons cannot take place in 2021. The new tentative IRONMAN 70.3 race date will be fully confirmed with local officials and stakeholders as soon as possible.
Our team will continue to work hard developing and refining operational plans in a manner consistent with local community objectives and within the guidelines and recommendations set by public health entities as it relates to COVID-19.
All registered athletes will be receiving an email with more information. If you are registered for the 2021 IRONMAN 5i50, Sprint or 70.3 Mont-Tremblant event and have not received this e-mail or have additional questions, please contact monttremblant70.3@ironman.com.
We thank our participants for their continued understanding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Charles_D wrote:
The new tentative IRONMAN 70.3 race date will be fully confirmed with local officials and stakeholders as soon as possible

During the PM's new conference they put a lot of emphasis of a August 30th milestone, 75% of the population having a double dose. For example on campus learning for universities is one.

I suspect they will tie the event to that milestone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I canceled my condo rental yesterday for IMMT. I had until the 20th to make a decision in order to get a refund. They told me they did not think the race would happen because of the international draw. Now its a waiting game with Ironman to see what they do and if they will let me defer again until next year. Not sure how todays news changes anything. I'm curious to see how the rentals are next year for all races. The same condo I was going to rent is already $275 more per night next year.
Quote Reply
Re: Odds of IMT 70.3 been posponed [glucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why not reserve a hotel room instead, in the pedestrian village?
They all have good cancellation policies. I still have my reservation for August, and just rebooked my 70.3 reservation for September...

Did all of you registered for the 70.3 actually get an email from them about it yet? It says on their website we should have already gotten it, but I haven't. I'm definitely registered... Sent them an email to inquire....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the update, not sure if i will be able to make it on that date (2 weeks after Penticton), but on the plus side, hotels are alot cheaper on that weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: Odds of IMT 70.3 been posponed [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got my email at 6:15pm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Odds of something that has happened is 100%.

Just got the email: IMMT 70.3 tentatively postponed to September.

I've just registered to Patriot Half instead, only 12 spots left.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bumping up this thread because folks had good insights. Do any Canadians have thoughts on whether there is any chance that IMMT will go forward in August 2021? With borders now closed until July 21, 2021, I'm thinking the probability is quite low. I'm still training as if the race will happen, but losing motivation from the continuing uncertainty. I would prefer to defer to 2022, but have a buddy doing the race with me, and he is all-in on 2021 until we are officially told otherwise. TIA!
Last edited by: ewc: Jun 21, 21 4:57
Quote Reply
Re: Odds of IMT 70.3 been posponed [ewc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big discussion over here: https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...st=last-7518020#last

my opinion is chances are slim to none. a few weeks ago I would have said none, so this is an improvement.

Quote Reply
Re: Odds of IMT 70.3 been posponed [tristorm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I ran a search but didn't see that post, I'll review.
Quote Reply
Re: Odds of IMT 70.3 been posponed [ewc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ewc wrote:
Bumping up this thread because folks had good insights. Do any Canadians have thoughts on whether there is any chance that IMMT will go forward in August 2021? With borders now closed until July 21, 2021, I'm thinking the probability is quite low. I'm still training as if the race will happen, but losing motivation from the continuing uncertainty. I would prefer to defer to 2022, but have a buddy doing the race with me, and he is all-in on 2021 until we are officially told otherwise. TIA!

Just posted of Facebook

Our teams have been hard at work preparing safe and enjoyable in-person events for our athletes in 2021, including the IRONMAN Mont-Tremblant triathlon.
Unfortunately, based on the latest conversations with the health authorities and local officials in the Province of Quebec in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic and the current restrictions related to large events, we regret to share that the 2021 IRONMAN Mont-Tremblant triathlon cannot take place in 2021. We are working diligently on all potential future year options and further event updates will be communicated as soon as possible.
All registered athletes will be receiving an email with more information. If you are registered for the 2021 IRONMAN Mont-Tremblant and have not received this e-mail or have additional questions, please contact monttremblant@ironman.com.
We thank our athletes for their continued understanding and look forward to hosting them at an IRONMAN event in the near future.
Quote Reply

Prev Next