Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Tremblant 70.3 (Sep 12) and 140.6 (Aug 22) discussion [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Dev! Good to know, fingers crossed this goes through...
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant 70.3 (Sep 12) and 140.6 (Aug 22) discussion [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
Thanks Dev! Good to know, fingers crossed this goes through...

I believe on July 21, suddenly a lot of things in Ontario will become much more clear. Minimally our indoor pools and gyms open back up! Yeah!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant 70.3 (Sep 12) and 140.6 (Aug 22) discussion [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
EnderWiggan wrote:
Anyone have inside scoop on Muskoka 70.3? I tried emailing them but got no response. Looks like race is on? But with Tremblant cancelling I'm concerned.

Muskoka is a totally different animal from Tremblant. It is in the province of Ontario not Quebec. It is almost like they are two different countries. There are triathlons going on in Quebec. As I mentioned the resort at Tremblant cancelled it, not Ironman and seemingly not the Quebec govt.

Makes me less confident that they will be bringing the event back. The resort may simply not want it anymore, and/or whoever owned/leased the race may not be interested in taking it on again....
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant 70.3 (Sep 12) and 140.6 (Aug 22) discussion [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's been a while and i have not yet received my refund or any details on how this will even happen (trying to refund cards? sending cheques?). I did check with my friends who were also signed up but they haven't either. Has anyone here gotten it? and wondering if it's worth it to bother the race team ...
Last edited by: JuniperJen: Jul 15, 21 11:20
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant 70.3 (Sep 12) and 140.6 (Aug 22) discussion [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
EnderWiggan wrote:
Anyone have inside scoop on Muskoka 70.3? I tried emailing them but got no response. Looks like race is on? But with Tremblant cancelling I'm concerned.

Muskoka is a totally different animal from Tremblant. It is in the province of Ontario not Quebec. It is almost like they are two different countries. There are triathlons going on in Quebec. As I mentioned the resort at Tremblant cancelled it, not Ironman and seemingly not the Quebec govt.

Makes me less confident that they will be bringing the event back. The resort may simply not want it anymore, and/or whoever owned/leased the race may not be interested in taking it on again....

I think for now, the resort has a captive audience of locals who are not yet ready to fly internationally (and many made plans to visit Tremblant before the govt waived quarantine for double vaxx'd Canadians on July 5). So a lot of summer vacation plans got locked in and they don't need events because the resort is largely sold out.

But fast forward to this fall+winter+next summer when local citizens will be ready to get the heck out of Canada, I think the resort is hallucinating if they think they will be able to compete for tourists without cultural events. Skiing will only take them so far. Hopefully before then they minimally close a 1-2 years contract with Ironman.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant 70.3 (Sep 12) and 140.6 (Aug 22) discussion [JuniperJen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JuniperJen wrote:
It's been a while and i have not yet received my refund or any details on how this will even happen (trying to refund cards? sending cheques?). I did check with my friends who were also signed up but they haven't either. Has anyone here gotten it? and wondering if it's worth it to bother the race team ...

I got my refund on the hotel deposit right away, still nothing yet for the race fee. I seem to recall them saying it would take up to 8 weeks for a refund to appear, but I could be wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant 70.3 (Sep 12) and 140.6 (Aug 22) discussion [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri Bread wrote:
JuniperJen wrote:

I got my refund on the hotel deposit right away, still nothing yet for the race fee. I seem to recall them saying it would take up to 8 weeks for a refund to appear, but I could be wrong.

Thanks for that. Considering they've had my money since 2019 i am not actually that anxious about it but don't want to forget. I seem to remember a 2 week thing to let us know but can't recall now. I sent an email we'll see which comes first. Refund or response.

I do really hope this race comes back and expect it will even if under another brand. I haven't been as into triathlon the last few years now that i have young kids but i really love this venue and think it's a great race course and training location.

We kept our condo booking for June even after it was deferred because as Paul pointed out so much local stuff (I am in Ontario but seems to also be in Quebec) was already booked for the summer so we did a mini family vacation. Lots of folks out cycling, even with the rain that weekend, running and quite a few swimming as well.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant 70.3 (Sep 12) and 140.6 (Aug 22) discussion [JuniperJen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At IM Musselman 70.3 last weekend I was talking to the announcer who I believe is a WTC/Ironman employee. I was wearing an IM Whistler hat and he asked if I did the race. We were chatting and I asked if IMMT would be going on again in 2022 and he was quick to say oh yes. Didn't provide details. Now I wouldn't bet my life the race will go on in 2022. But it's a good sign.

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant 70.3 (Sep 12) and 140.6 (Aug 22) discussion [Triingtotrain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triingtotrain wrote:
At IM Musselman 70.3 last weekend I was talking to the announcer who I believe is a WTC/Ironman employee. I was wearing an IM Whistler hat and he asked if I did the race. We were chatting and I asked if IMMT would be going on again in 2022 and he was quick to say oh yes. Didn't provide details. Now I wouldn't bet my life the race will go on in 2022. But it's a good sign.

It is really hard to imagine them not signing another long term contract.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant 70.3 (Sep 12) and 140.6 (Aug 22) discussion [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
.I heard back from Ironman really quickly that refunds should be processed by the end of the month to the card that registered for the event ...

I imagine there will be lots of re-work for this as we all registered in 2019 (my card expired - and renewed but then lost and needed a new one - just waiting to get an email saying they were unable to process)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JuniperJen wrote:
.I heard back from Ironman really quickly that refunds should be processed by the end of the month to the card that registered for the event ...

I imagine there will be lots of re-work for this as we all registered in 2019 (my card expired - and renewed but then lost and needed a new one - just waiting to get an email saying they were unable to process)

Got my race refund today, FYI
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant 70.3 (Sep 12) and 140.6 (Aug 22) discussion [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Replying to no one specific....

I'm traveling to Tremblant this coming weekend, made reservations a while ago. But looked again over the past couple days to make a small change to our reservation........interesting to note that for the most part, all the hotels in the pedestrian village are almost fully booked this month.

Maybe they really don't need the Ironman for Summer income.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:

I'm traveling to Tremblant this coming weekend, made reservations a while ago. But looked again over the past couple days to make a small change to our reservation........interesting to note that for the most part, all the hotels in the pedestrian village are almost fully booked this month.

In a 'post' covid world, where things start to open up, but it's still a little tricky to travel. People will be happy to travel locally... But once things go back to 'normal', those touristic cities will need events to keep people coming back.

IMO; covid will create new habits, there will be some winner and some losers ($). Just need to be careful not to throw the baby with the bath water.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:

They never had. There are a lot of other events all over summer that book the place completely, without road closures.

Inside rumour from two ex IM Tremblant supervisors points to Challenge taking over (rumour to be taken for what it is, a rumour).
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant 70.3 (Sep 12) and 140.6 (Aug 22) discussion [lordhong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got an email today saying IM Tremblant is a go for Aug 21, 2022!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey thanks for the post!

Who sent you the email, Ironman? I've been checking every day - still says TBD on the ironman.com site.

Thanks in advance.

Derek
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant 70.3 (Sep 12) and 140.6 (Aug 22) discussion [derek_ski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes IM sent an email about Pendicton and Tremblant. I will see if i still have it on my work email later today and post the link
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant 70.3 (Sep 12) and 140.6 (Aug 22) discussion [derek_ski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The email says that general registration opens at 12pm ET on Monday October 18th
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
derek_ski wrote:
Hey thanks for the post!

Who sent you the email, Ironman? I've been checking every day - still says TBD on the ironman.com site.

Thanks in advance.

Derek

They posted on the official Facebook page too.

August 21, 2022
Last edited by: sonadortris: Oct 15, 21 7:44
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant 70.3 (Sep 12) and 140.6 (Aug 22) discussion [sonadortris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any news in the rumour mill about the 70.3? I'm doing Maryland so the IM in Tremblant is out for me, but I'm looking for a spring target.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant 70.3 (Sep 12) and 140.6 (Aug 22) discussion [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are my chances of getting in the 70.3 (assuming it happens) off waitlist?

Trying to plan '22 race calendar, but this one is making it tough!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant 70.3 (Sep 12) and 140.6 (Aug 22) discussion [swissalps88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, it's been 5 weeks since anyone posted on this. There was a municipal election Nov 8, after which the Ironman contract just needed to be signed by local officials, according to previous posts. Anyone in the know about where this stands? I want to do the full but getting impatient as time passes. Thanks for any updates.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant 70.3 (Sep 12) and 140.6 (Aug 22) discussion [Johnny21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Johnny21 wrote:
So, it's been 5 weeks since anyone posted on this. There was a municipal election Nov 8, after which the Ironman contract just needed to be signed by local officials, according to previous posts. Anyone in the know about where this stands? I want to do the full but getting impatient as time passes. Thanks for any updates.

Yeah it would be nice to hear something. I just got an email for the 70.3 in Muskoka. I'm wondering if i should just sign up to do that again and give up on Tremblant.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri Bread wrote:
Johnny21 wrote:

Yeah it would be nice to hear something. I just got an email for the 70.3 in Muskoka. I'm wondering if i should just sign up to do that again and give up on Tremblant.

If you plan to sign up for Muskoka 70.3, I'd do it sooner than later. The email stated that they had limited spots this year due to deferrals. Honestly I would do it today in case it does sell out quickly. And with no official word on MT, I bet many folks might look to Muskoka instead.

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant 70.3 (Sep 12) and 140.6 (Aug 22) discussion [Triingtotrain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triingtotrain wrote:
Tri Bread wrote:
Johnny21 wrote:

If you plan to sign up for Muskoka 70.3, I'd do it sooner than later. The email stated that they had limited spots this year due to deferrals. Honestly I would do it today in case it does sell out quickly. And with no official word on MT, I bet many folks might look to Muskoka instead.

I signed up for Hawaii 70.3 as a getaway last week as I was unsure what would happen with Tremblant 70.3 (we are assured it will happen). And then this morning with Muskoka going live I signed up and likely will skip Tremblant70.3 now
Quote Reply

Prev Next