Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: tririg-scoops [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i modified the shit out of my alpha x bar and scoops ;)
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [casper3043] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm finally done with my setup - for a while.

spending $100+ on wedges is just dumb so i sourced some wedges meant for skateboarding from sk8kings and this works perfectly. you can select how many degrees wedge you need and they come as a pair for $6! i bought the 5 degree wedges, trimmed them up and now my scoops align my forearms perfectly with my vukka 110 extensions. i have no wrist bend at all, this is the most comfort i've been on the bike and such a natural position.

http://www.sk8kings.com/...amp;Category_Code=WR
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [casper3043] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you post a pic of them installed?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i guess the attachments didn't come through earlier...here they are
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [smallhips] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello, any feed back after few months of use?
Of those who bought them, would you recommend them?
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you guys have full dimensions of the open backed scoops? How wide are they; how tall are the sides?

I was only able to see the bolt hole spacing and the total length on your website.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Approx 100mm wide. Total height approx 44mm.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [jlentzke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was reading on their site that the scoops wouldn't work with the Speed Concept because of the M4 bolts. They claim the scoops only works with M5 and M6 bolts that are supplied. How did you get them to work? I will pull the trigger and pick some up if I know they will work.
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [jawhitaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jawhitaker wrote:
I was reading on their site that the scoops wouldn't work with the Speed Concept because of the M4 bolts. They claim the scoops only works with M5 and M6 bolts that are supplied. How did you get them to work? I will pull the trigger and pick some up if I know they will work.

I'm not sure if the M4 threads could be tapped out to M5 threading, probably not but someone with better machinist skills could chime in. You could certainly use an M5 helicoil insert with the appropriate tools, but that's getting kind of elaborate. Kind of a kludge, but you could drill out the M4 to M5 and just pass slightly longer bolts through with a nut underneath the armpad bar. I'd definitely loctite the nuts. And of course if you ever wanted to go back to the original SC pads you'd have to order a new armpad bar from Trek. But a bigger concern is that the armpad bar is fairly narrow front to back. The scoops would put a lot of leverage on that small bar, it's pretty robust but I don't know if the scoops are designed to handle the leverage that would occur with such a small contact area.
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [jawhitaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jawhitaker wrote:

i'm runing scoops on my SC and love them - i just got longer M4 bolts. i do have some concerns about the potential leverage of the long scoops on the single point of clamping along their length but i think as long as you are relatively relaxed in the cups you are just putting in the same load as with any other cups. just make sure you have the bolts in the center of pressure (which is most likely towards the rear)

there are a few connections in the SC bar setup that seem potentially weak to me, this is not the worst of them
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tttiltheend wrote:
jawhitaker wrote:

I'm not sure if the M4 threads could be tapped out to M5 threading, probably not but someone with better machinist skills could chime in. You could certainly use an M5 helicoil insert with the appropriate tools, but that's getting kind of elaborate. Kind of a kludge, but you could drill out the M4 to M5 and just pass slightly longer bolts through with a nut underneath the armpad bar. I'd definitely loctite the nuts. And of course if you ever wanted to go back to the original SC pads you'd have to order a new armpad bar from Trek. But a bigger concern is that the armpad bar is fairly narrow front to back. The scoops would put a lot of leverage on that small bar, it's pretty robust but I don't know if the scoops are designed to handle the leverage that would occur with such a small contact area.
So, most of this is correct. YES, the M4 threads can indeed be expanded to M5 with the right tools, even done with hand tools by an amateur. Other Speed Concept owners have just used the M4 bolts, with a broader washer between the bolts and Scoops. That should work just fine. I doubt the leverage is a concern, but we have not tested this, so I can't comment definitively. As mentioned above, other SC owners are using the Scoops without issue.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haven’t seen a post on this yet, but apologies if it’s a repeat...

I asked the guys at CeeGees about 6 months ago if they were going to make pads for the Tririg Scoops, and luckily their answer was a yes. I’ve gotten to test a pair on the closed scoops through the spring, and here are my thoughts:

- Bottom line for TLDR: Really comfortable pads and they’re finally for sale at CeeGees (I am not compensated or sponsored; just my review for anyone with Tririg Scoops.)
- Not nearly as thick as traditional CeeGees due to all the required curves. I don’t notice any lack of padding, maybe because my weight is distributed over such a large area.
- The thinner padding is a huge positive IMO as they don’t affect the fit. They’re 7.5mm vs the stock 5mm...sure, I get that’s a 2.5mm difference, but I’d venture it’s less when compressed under weight.
- Like other CeeGees models, they just don’t get permanently compressed or get hot spots even on a long ride. Padding feels the same all day. To be fair, I never rode the originals on more than about a 3-hr ride on smooth roads, and they were fine, but I could feel where the holes were underneath. The CeeGees are just a bit more substantial.
- They feel much cooler, and when they’re wet, I don’t feel like I’m stuck to them, but they always keep my arms in place. That stickiness on the stock pads was my main complaint, especially with my training season hairy arms. Not an issue with CeeGees. Since it’s gotten really warm, I like to dump ice water on them so all that surface area is cold on my arms.
- I think they’re cut just slightly larger than the stock pads. That’s a positive as my only other complaint about those was that I’d sometimes catch an edge of the scoops on my arm when going down to aero or after reaching for a drink. The CeeGees don’t hang over the edges, though, so we’re not talking about much additional size.

Like I wrote above, really positive experience with these, so I’d highly recommend. I’m a fan of the Tririg bars—both Alpha X and Alpha One—and the combo of Scoops and CeeGees just made them perfect.

Right now, CeeGees has only had access to my closed back scoops, and that’s all they have available, but if you have the open back version, look up Gordon at CeeGees, and I bet he can make it happen.
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [ppkestrel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I received the open scoops three days ago.
As I was expecting they look a little bit bulky but in fact the total width of the setup (cervelo p3 with 3T bar) has the same width than before.
They are extremely comfortable so far and ai am quite sure that I could stay more in aero position.
Only question mark would be how to deal with sweat since there is no fabric on the pad.
Si far happy with the purchase.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What year is your Speed Concept? i just received mine and read the "fine print" that they may not work with speed concepts due to M4 bolts vs. M5 or M6 that come with the scoops.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What did you do for hardware to attach the scoops? Or did you retap the existing holes to make them larger?
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [tritim1644] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wasnt confident with any bolt/pad combo. Nothing really felt stable. Im back on 51 SS arm cups

Toro Performance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We are an engineering company specialized in 3d printing, we have immersed ourselves in the world of cycling, manufacturing almost any type of custom parts.

Our main products today are aerobars (NOWIND) and toolboxes (NOWORRY), with the main feature that each and every one of our items is 100% sized for your bike and your needs.

We scan your position on the bike so that the NOWIND is 100% fit and confortable for you.
This condition makes it totally aero and fast.

You can see our work at: http://uniqocustombikes.com/

If you need more information contact us at: info@uniqocustombikes.com
Greetings, Alba.

Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [Uniqo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should probably start your own thread if you're going to push your product. It's more professional and will get you more exposure.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [gmh39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, we are working on it!
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [Uniqo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This looks like it would impair a clear line of sight at the road. I'm not so sure I'm into this solid arm rests for safety reasons...Seems like a hazard at first glance.
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm their newsletter tririg have announced ore orders for the new open back and closed back SL smaller size lighter scoops starting delivery In Dec. Price is 275 open 285 closed and current model is now discounted.

I'm still running my original cups from 2019 but will consider the upgrade as seems many ppl can settle into the bigger scoops longer.

So time to ressurect the thread. Anyone seen the SL yet? BTW for anyone who previously had issues on customer service tririg have massively upped their game delivery is super fast u can do one on one chats with cust service online, its probably the best service experience I've had in the market.

@realbdeal hopefully can share re the scoops
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [Kipstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kipstar wrote:
I'm their newsletter tririg have announced ore orders for the new open back and closed back SL smaller size lighter scoops starting delivery In Dec. Price is 275 open 285 closed and current model is now discounted.

I'm still running my original cups from 2019 but will consider the upgrade as seems many ppl can settle into the bigger scoops longer.

So time to ressurect the thread. Anyone seen the SL yet? BTW for anyone who previously had issues on customer service tririg have massively upped their game delivery is super fast u can do one on one chats with cust service online, its probably the best service experience I've had in the market.

@realbdeal hopefully can share re the scoops
I actually haven't gotten my hands on a set of the new SL open or closed back yet so I can't comment too much at the moment. I suspect there won't be much of a reason to move to those from the current ones unless you're looking to really scrape the bottom of the marginal gain bucket. They are slightly narrower and lighter. The current versions will continue to be sold as well. The bigger change is the Scoops Ultimate will be going only to the 'SL' line (also don't have those yet). Those come with a few changes to them but seems to be all good quality of life things which will also make them more accessible to more riders.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply

Prev Next