Wildflower 2025

Wildflower is back! It is scheduled for May 2-4, 2025, and registration opens on Sept 30th! Early registration links are out there from the different ambassadors. The race is being produced by Colleen Bousman, Terry Davis’ daughter. This is Collen bringing back the original Wildflower, and hopefully all of its craziness to boot!

5 Likes

If anyone has one of those please share

Here ya go :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey folks what is the run course gonna be? I assume swim and bike are the traditional courses. That is awesome that Terry’s daughter is bringing it back. I am an “alumni” from 1996, 2007, 2010, 2015

Glad to have something on the schedule next year

Dev, The courses are the traditional courses, so the long course will include the “pit”

Agree, awesome that the race is being brought back by Terry’s daughter and has it back in the family!

Very cool. I used to always do St. Croix or Wildflower in the spring on that weekend (5x at St. Croix) and I never did St. George when Ironman put that on the same weekend to kill Wildflower.

Well as it turns out, they killed Wildflower so i did St. George last year (and honestly I loved the bike course…the run course, not so much, the swim, I prefer WF). In any case, I enjoyed St. George so much that I signed up for 2025 and honestly my run is so bad now that I doubt I can even run that course with the hills on the cross country but never say never. For context I ran 1:28 at WF in 1996 and as late as 2007, I think my run was 1:37. But now it is 18 years later, and I have not broken 2 hrs all year in halfs (I ran 2:08 in St. George,meaning a WF day would be nore like 2:30).

Even if I could take time away from work, I don’t think I could take 2 weeks off in May. So I will have to watch from a distance and see if my body cooperates to the point I can do a cross country half Ironman again at WF maybe in 2026

1 Like

Yep, for those that have to travel, it is a lot! Of course, you have raced WF and have experienced it at its peak, for those that haven’t this is a great chance to race WF, and to be part of its comeback!

I can only dream of a 2:30 run at WF let alone a 1:28 at this point of my Tri life … ha!

Great to see it back! Lots of fond memories from its heyday.

Now that Moro Bay is no more and Lake San Antonio actually has water, hopefully this can be a key stop on the calendar for lots of folks. Given the T100 and growth of IM, it’ll probably never have the pro field of days yore but could easily have a super-deep AG presence.

[pink]Any word on the mile4 aid station?[/pink]

Mile 4 aid station amongst other sights along the course??? I remember my first year at WF, and as I started up the hill after the first campground section, and a little bit up is this guy high fiving people, then you realize he’s “the naked guy” :flushed:

So many memories, will be interesting to see which ones are revived … hahaha!

i love it that this race is back in a way this was the real triathlon race

1 Like

Hmmmm, might even be enough to get me back on a bike…

1 Like

I did Wildflower 1985 through 1989.

2 Likes