Vote here on the new forum format

What do the blue dots next to thread titles mean, anyway?

Blue dot with a number seems to mean new posts in the thread since the last time you visited it. Little blue dot with no number is a thread you’ve never looked at. Blue dot next to the “categories” (i.e. forum name) on the left means there are new threads you haven’t visited in that room.

I figured something that but couldn’t figure out the matrix

I felt like my bank account drained a little just by visiting that site.

That being said, can’t really compain about space being taken up on slowtwitch when that beemer site has a massive ad space on the right and on the top as well.

I think he probably meant the forum pages. If you click on “forums” at the top, and then pick one of them, you can get in to see their forum layout. There’s still a lot of wasted space if you have it open full screen on a desktop, but there are some nice features.

Here’s a quick snapshot with the window a little smaller to get rid of extra space.

One amusing thing is as I read a thread, I can see someone else replying with the active…

Like right now, I see Slowguy typing… there he is!

1 Like

@slowguy yea I was commenting more on his thoughts regarding too much space being taken up on the left side. I see now that’s more just their homepage.

The part of the forum you screenshotted is much much better.

Huh? Testing your quote trick. Disregard, “testing 123 321 test out.”

Problem is haven’t yet come across preview post feature.

now editing: woah I thought I was copying an entirely different text

Amusing? Hell, that freaks me the ■■■■ out

Amusing? Hell, that freaks me the ■■■■ out

That too! How the ■■■■ did you do that???

Highlight the word(s) you want to blur. Select blur spoiler from upper right hand corner button…

might be an issue using the same account between different computers…

What kind of idiot makes a decision like this? Why do you want to go backwards??? I’m done with this forum. I wish you the best.

My old Username/password is not working (not recognized). I tried resetting the password but that got stuck when I tried to click the final button (nothing happened). Then I tried to Log on with a passkey but that didn’t work either.

Any suggestions?

Lots of us have had login problems. The temporary solution I’ve been using is to request a login email every time I need to login. Some people were resetting passwords multiple times.

Thanks.
Problem is, when I get to the reset password screen, it says “Choose a password” and I enter one, and then it says “Your password looks good” but when I hit “Set Password” nothing happens, and it still doesn’t let me log in.

Same problem here. I cannot log in with my old username so I created this one. I have tried from my iPhone, where the password was saved and now on my laptop.

All I get is a “unknown” error. I created my account around 20 years ago so its attached to an email that I no longer use. So I can’t recover anything.

Sucks!!

Yeah, I could only login with my old username using the emailed link to yourself. But apparently since then there’s some cookie or something that’s kept me permanently logged in on this desktop ever since, even after killing the browser entirely. Not my favorite practice.

Other feedback (not complaining, just feedback!). Today it seems slow. With the old site the occassional ~5-10 second pauses after hitting a button were quaint and acceptable to some degree. I liked the Ready Player Two vibe. But today I’m getting 5 second pauses/freezes on this new one. Less adorable on a modern system.

I think the new format stinks.
Please go back.
This new is almost impossible to use.
Too busy.
Too much to scroll through.
You’ve lost me…

1 Like