Vote here on the new forum format

Holy shit thank you so much for moving over the forum. This is 10000000x better and it isn’t up for debate. Thank you Slowman!

1 Like

Is this Slowtwitch, or some cheap Chinese version that’s stealing my data?!

1 Like

Interesting. So far I can access the new forum on my phone but not on my computer.

I am sure I will get used to it but I hate change so you can imagine how much I like it.

There’s some weirdness with the server switches going on that needs to get buttoned up.

I hereby vow not to like any of you, even if I do. It will remain a mystery.

1 Like

Ugh. No. Just No.

Here’s the first positive I’ve found- maybe. There isn’t a quote and reply function that this curmudgeon can find. More than likely I just am not seeing it.

Perhaps that means that we all don’t have to view 83 embedded posts when we are smacking windy (figuratively, of course, there little buddy) around.

1 Like

These rules that appear for the first 2 posts are precious.

" * Be kind to your fellow community members.

• Does your reply improve the conversation?
  • Constructive criticism is welcome, but criticize ideas, not people."

And what’s the deal with “basic?”

1 Like

I changed the background color, now it looks much better, [quote=“DarkSpeedWorks, post:1, topic:1048832, full:true”]
I will start.

Unfortunately, even without a like button, the old forum format was VASTLY better than this one.
[/quote]

What part of lost content and decreased functionality do you not understand? This was not whining. It was pointing out legitimate issues and a wonder whether it would be fixed or if this was the new norm.

This was addressed to Slowman above. As I said, the point went over your head or you were too preoccupied waiting to take a jab at me.

1 Like

New forum is 100% better

GREAT job to all involved

5 Likes

This new format hurts my brain.

3 Likes

Hate it. And the lavender room box is now BLUE.

1 Like

I am on another forum that switched to Discourse, and it was also not a change for the better.

Most importantly, an unceremonious and precipitous drop from the top of the post count to “You are brand new here and have not yet contributed to discussions.” A real hit to my ego, and I don’t know what BleP will do, since he was the main person responsible for tracking my progress up the rankings…

1 Like

You’re on the clock

2 Likes

Don’t y’all be sliding into my DM’s either.

Hey, did you all see we have DM’s now?!

1 Like

You can’t see who starts a thread. That’s a big feature that’s missing.

A certain user is going to have a field day, and no one will be able to sidestep their crap.

2 Likes

I noticed that if you hover over the icons to the right of the topic, you can see the original poster’s name.

I’m sure you are still working through this, but maybe some type of border between the treads to keep them separate? Perhaps highlighting every other thread just so a person can differentiate them better.

Please no. Plus now I have an unsolicited profile picture. Thanks so much. :unamused: