The ugliest car in the world

Replacing the Pontial Aztek

2 Likes

I gotta say I am not a huge fan nor a hater of the looks.

But the stupid design choices and truly beyond sh*tty build quality? Umm, no thanks.

1 Like

This looks like something someone in high school shop class would come up with.

Build a box, add 4 wheels and call it a truck.

It reminds me of most of the pinewood derby cars I saw when my son was in Cub Scouts.

1 Like

If you’re going to go with an orange wrap, at least go with an orange wrap that will let you jump downed bridges over creeks.

Once again, I kinda like the look of the cyber truck. At least it doesn’t look boring like very other truck on the road.

If they only made 5,000 I would be people would have a much higher opinion of the looks. The problem it it should have been a low volume model. If you saw one once a year or less, I think more people would think they looked cool. But the coolness goes down when they are common.

And they are stupid. It was supposed to be a steel exoskeleton, but they couldn’t pull it off so it’s expensive steel body panels over a conventional (for Tesla) cast aluminum unibody.

I speculate that Tesla could have had a better-looking truck with the same performance specs 3-4 years earlier for at least $10K less per truck.

But didn’t just because of one guy’s ego.

That is exactly what I thought about and almost posted. Great minds…

I haven’t seen one locally, but saw three on a recent vacation. Prior to that, I would have bet that the pictures made them look worse than they really are. The pictures did not lie.

1 Like

I have seen a couple recently. I was surprised how stupid it looked.

While these are truly hideous, I’m not sure they’re the fugliest ever.

I remember the K-car Town and Country. Classing it up.

Then there’s whatever that is.

My most recent entry is the Juke. That’s awful and I still see them in the wild. Thankfully they quit making them. I assume due to lack of demand.

You are missing the universally recognised all time most horrendous assault on the retinas - the fiat multipla.

XcMz4gV

Early 2000s I got one of those as a rental at LHR for a 2-week work trip (had no idea what it was or looked like when the desk agent told me the make and model).
Walked right back into the rental office and told them to change it for something else. I think I got a Renault or a Mondeo instead.

Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce the ride my parents had when I was in junior high school.

The 1976 AMC Pacer. As young teens everything our parents did was generally embarrassing, but driving a Pacer took the cake.

1 Like

That LeBaron Town and Country doesn’t belong in this thread. That’s a beautiful car.

Apparently, this is a common feeling

Sorry @jmh l didn’t scroll sufficiently to see your post

1 Like