The Spoilers-Vuelta 2024

just caught earlly on the replay, CVV saying the salmonella came from drinking an energy drink. hope he has good info there, doubt that will go over well if only supposition. (didn’t even want to type it)

Had to be either the Diablo Shrimp or Buffalo Wings.

1 Like

The same items that caused Tommy Dumps issues at the Giro.

Someone submitted video of Primo when Bora’s nutrition woes took a turn

1 Like

Some guys don’t need a nickname. Maurice Ballerstedt.

Affini going double disc!

That’s a riot.

Ok,

Oier Como Va
The Donk
Jungle Bob
The Gnar
LFF
Kusstanza
de Tank
Waiting for Gaudu
Kruijsship
Boogie Nights Yates
Tommy Dumpster
Wright Said Fred
Rocky Biibao
Larry Warhorse
Scuff Healy
Bam Bam McNutty
Zaster Philipsen
King Kung
Top Ganna
Taco- hors nickname
LaSporty
Laflyer
Matty Jorgo
Tony Romo
Higgy
T Rex
van Baaler
Kaiser Sosa
Kick Asgreen
T Dub
Lil Ricci
Bad Oomen (new)
The Paz
Shivakov
My Verona
Fast Eddie
C Rod
J Venga
Blastoff
Mas Macho, No Mas, Si Mas Por Favor…

And, of course, Ferris

Who did I miss? New entries, anyone?

3 Likes

You’re right. Mo Baller

I was thinking of the most unlikely cycling name and I’m going with Emil Herzog. Sounds like a contemporary of Freud’s.

Dr. Emil Herzog, the famed German Psychoanalyst.

Pretty comprehensive body of work with there.

1 Like

Bling

1 Like

You are the hero we need.

Today I hope the peloton collectively says, “It’s Kung’s day.” Not likely, but I’ll roll with it.

Bring back the days of raw power where King Kung was pulling 75% of the time on BMCs TTT squad.

1 Like

It’s so hard watching King in the hot seat because he looks so completely crushed when he’s knocked into 2nd. There’s no disguising it with him. And it’s happened a lot.

But I think he’s got this one.

O’Connor’s having himself a good TT.

Agreed. Too many times, but not today! To boot, he has his first grand tour win. I’m really pleased for him.

apologize if I missed this but … Dylan Tunes (?)

didn’t watch this morning, what happened to McNulty

All pretty nice for Kung Fu, BoC and Primo, who made a remarkable comeback from Tour injuries for this one.

CAN races, EU and World champs, and Italian fall classics all on tap—good racing to come.

Curious about McNulty too. I missed his turn live, but read that he crossed the line with a bloody knee. I assume he must have crashed. Because he wouldn’t have been that slow even with the worst jour sans.

My guess is that one of his wounds from The Crash opened up while it was trying to lay it down on the pedals.

1 Like

Now that Roglic has his redemption for being held back by his team, hopefully Visma and he are squared away and their bad luck ends.

What did you all think of Affini on the double discs?
Commentators seemed convinced that he was having a horrible time handling the bike, but then he was 2’ up at the first time check.
Meanwhile, there was a time or two that he seemed to wobble (drafts between buildings?), but as they harped on about it no one mentioned the dozen speed bumps…

@likes-bikes - good point. maybe analagous to Ben OC battling to hang on this year - last year the story was to whom would Jumbo commit given their luxury of riches (esp. after Remco threw in a stinker ride to Tourmalet). Perhaps my own biases but I sensed the pre-Vuelta vibe was Jumbo was backing Primoz.
Before Vinge took off for his first stage win (Tourmalet) - Rog was closest to Sepp.
Rog didn’t get a chance to attack until it was too late (Angrilu).
Jumbo not explicity working out the hierarchy after Remco’s bad day (and the lack of chase from the rest of the gc contenders) seemed least fair to Roglic.

To be fair to Sepp - when he chased Vinge and Rog on angrilu (with a lil assist from Landa!) - I think he proved he was so close to their level - he deserved the backing all along.

Perhaps Rog was more committed to the attacking early and long on final climbs this year as a result. Regardless he did several impressive rides to gain that time back. I say hats off - great ride!

It’ll be all over the peloton next year once team have time to source and test. 100%