The Feed is Slow

thefeed.com is great in the variety of drink mixes and gels it offers. But their delivery times are super slow. I ordered some LMNT that is taking 10 days to be delivered. And they charged me $7.95 for that shipping. In the meantime, I made the same order on Amazon and it was at my door within a few hours with free shipping (I’m a Prime member). The Amazon price was slighly higher, but the overall cost of the Amazon order was cheaper given the difference in shipping. I honestly try to patronize stores other than Amazon, but sometimes those other stores make it difficult. I fear thefeed.com isn’t long for this world.

They used to be fast, but then switched to ontrak for shipping last year along with many other online stores and shopping got much worse

thefeed.com is great in the variety of drink mixes and gels it offers. But their delivery times are super slow. I ordered some LMNT that is taking 10 days to be delivered. And they charged me $7.95 for that shipping. In the meantime, I made the same order on Amazon and it was at my door within a few hours with free shipping (I’m a Prime member). The Amazon price was slighly higher, but the overall cost of the Amazon order was cheaper given the difference in shipping. I honestly try to patronize stores other than Amazon, but sometimes those other stores make it difficult. I fear thefeed.com isn’t long for this world.

Yeah, their shipping absolutely sucks. I still usually big enough orders in advance it’s still worth placing an order with them with free shipping and the $10 credit for my next order… But I’d never order from them if I needed something in a hurry.

I did have an order with $15 worth or Skratch packets that opened and made a huge mess I couldn’t get a credit for. Didn’t think to take a picture of them when tossing them straight into the dumpster and not emailing them about it until a day or two later.

I stopped using The Feed about 15 months ago, shipping is slow, prices aren’t competitive at all and I am tired of getting 5 texts a day with their bogus claims. I think they’ve run their course. I’m not giving my money to them to pay their sponsored athletes at the sacrifice of customer service

Prime’s probably not a good comparison since it’s $129/yr specifically for fast shipping. I don’t have Prime and 3-6 days is typical for the free shipping.

These days there is no way to beat Amazon on convenience (shipping speed, ease of returns, etc.). The Feed needs to compete on cost, but has decided to compete via marketing spend instead.

Probably depends on where you are located. They ship from somewhere nearby my home, so I get stuff very quickly. I’m very doubtful of their business model and would expect them to cut advertising/sponsorships/discount rebates or disappear soon enough. You can only burn through so much VC/PE money before needing to turn a profit.

Never understood the feed business model in these AMZ times

I see them advertising everywhere - can’t be a good thing.

It’s like a running joke with my friend group. They are so wildly slow it’s insane.

What really killed me is when SIS stopped shipping US orders off their own website and started using the Feed. All the deals went away / pricing increased and shipping went from rapid to intolerably slow. Ugh.

Probably depends on where you are located. They ship from somewhere nearby my home, so I get stuff very quickly. I’m very doubtful of their business model and would expect them to cut advertising/sponsorships/discount rebates or disappear soon enough. You can only burn through so much VC/PE money before needing to turn a profit.

Second that it’s likely based on where they are doing fulfilment from. I get my orders in 2-3 days from when I place it with the free shipping.

If I need some gels or something sooner, I just hit my LBS or running store, several of which are near me and have good selections, so I’m likely a bit spoiled.

Jeff has enough money, so I’m happy to support alternatives to Amazon.

It’s like a running joke with my friend group. They are so wildly slow it’s insane.

What really killed me is when SIS stopped shipping US orders off their own website and started using the Feed. All the deals went away / pricing increased and shipping went from rapid to intolerably slow. Ugh.

My last SIS order took nearly 2 weeks to ship; very disappointing. I also agree with the other sentiments that they deliver way to many text messages. I’d unsubscribe, but it seems to be the only way to stay in the know of when they are having deals on the things I consume.

Which brings me to my biggest gripe with the Feed - all the games you have to play to get a what feels like even a reasonably good deal. You wait for a discount on items and hope a discount comes along while your “store credit” is still valid, and then try to time purchases so your purchase store credit stays valid in the same time frame your “team recurring store credit” is valid. Just offer a good price and I’ll come back every month or two to buy more.

My last order from the feed took 3 days from order to delivery. Even though I have some credit with them at the moment, I find it hard to rebuy since they don’t offer any better pricing than direct from the manufacture, Amazon or my local shops. You’d think with how the feed markets and likely the amount of volume they are doing, they’d be able to offer more aggressive pricing. Margins might not be amazing with how big their pro stable is and with the amount of marketing I saw during TDF on peacock.

Placed my most recent order over 3 weeks ago and still haven’t received it. The original order was lost by Ontrac so they had to place a new order which took 5 days to just be fulfilled and ship. Customer service has been fast to reply to my questions and seem just as frustrated as me with what’s going on.

I’m in the northeast, ordered early last week was delivered on Saturday

Yes, my experience as well… I’ve been using SiS for years and now I’m locked into The Feed I guess. Their pricing is okay and if you catch the right sales, use credits, free shipping I can stock up and not be too painful.

On thread topic my last shipment got lost in The Feeds shipping logistics when I didn’t hear anything for like 2 weeks and checked on it… my shipment magically shipped after me sending an inquiry.

On one hand I like it as a one stop shop if/when it works but long term a monopoly on sports nutrtition like SiS isn’t great for us… the consumer.

If your order was recent, it may have to do with them moving warehouses currently. I have used the feed for a few years, and generally get my orders same day, or next day, but recently have had orders take a few days, hoping the move goes smoothly and they can be back on their game soon.

I’m a fan of the model, and like that they make it easy to compare products.

What is SIS?

What is SIS?

https://www.scienceinsport.com/eu/shop-sis/go-range/go-gels

What’s crazy is that they are actually crushing right now in profits. You wouldn’t think so from the vocal minority but they are doing extremely well from a financial side at the moment. Just look at the amount of money they put into advertising on the us side in the tour.

What’s crazy is that they are actually crushing right now in profits. You wouldn’t think so from the vocal minority but they are doing extremely well from a financial side at the moment. Just look at the amount of money they put into advertising on the us side in the tour.

Have you seen their financial reports? It’s a private company, so unless you are an investor, that’d seem strange. There’s a difference between revenue and profits. I have no doubt they are selling a lot of product, buying market share with their advertising, cash back incentives, etc. I’m very doubtful they are profitable at all, let alone ‘crushing in profits’, advertising is expensive.