Taylor Knibb olympic races

an individual medal worth more imho. everyone remembers the 400m medal winner not the 400x4. They even diluted other sports like basketball by adding 3v3 //

Your preferences are noted, anything else you fell beneath an olympic medal???

an individual medal worth more imho. everyone remembers the 400m medal winner not the 400x4. They even diluted other sports like basketball by adding 3v3 //

Your preferences are noted, anything else you fell beneath an olympic medal???

synthetic always with the most fucked up take on absolutely everything.

Actually, none of them count because they all are wearing “synthetic “ super shoes😂.

What does this all have to do with “our” g.o.l.d. medal in the hammer throw? This is a T. Knibb thread, after all.

I haven’t seen anyone break down Taylor’s path to gold.

She was so close. Is as “simple” (heh, ya, right) as being more technical and tactical in where and when she pushed power? It looked like she never tried to move and get Lindemann out of her draft zone. No attempt to swerve to the side and punch it.

It feels crazy to me that Knibb hasn’t had better training to break away from packs and practice some basic easy technical turns like the course in Paris had. Shouldn’t than have been something she had drilled and killed?

Or maybe she did and was just so scared of a other crash were going to see her race more tentatively moving forward?

So let’s hear that path to gold.

There’s no question that nobody would put a wetsuit for any swim other than the one that starts a race 😂

I did a race called the Vice Versa, in which the order was run/bike/swim. The winner put on a wetsuit after the bike.

https://www.athlinks.com/event/80390/results/Event/178682/Course/247577/Results

I should’ve probably said “nobody in high performance sports”, but also are you sure? His T2 time is 20 seconds.

I thought the same exact thing as she was approaching linderman.

Hang about 5-10 feet back for 5-15 seconds; catch your breath and THEN make your one move and make it strong.

And yeah once linderman was on her wheel why not try that swerve you describe and use the road.?

https://www.triathlete.com/events/olympics/taylor-knibb-says-no-to-l-a-parking-lot-olympic-triathlon-reveals-whats-next/

That split of hers bodes well for staying in the short course game until LA 2028.

Pretty sure you won’t see Taylor in LA let alone another WTS race.

Your link leads to ‘Page not found’

Here: https://www.triathlete.com/events/olympics/taylor-knibb-says-no-to-l-a-parking-lot-olympic-triathlon-reveals-whats-next/

Weird. Apologies.

Thanks. Not sure what happened.

Yikes! Sour grapes? A highly technical, rough European course vs a “parking lot” course in LA? She didn’t fair well in Paris. Surely, LA would suit her strengths.

Here: https://www.triathlete.com/…-reveals-whats-next/Love this at the end:

While it didn’t look like it at the start of the Games, the end results of Faulkner’s gold and Knibb’s silver all felt delightfully serendipitous.
“Me racing the time trial almost helped in a way, because I went down, not her, so you never know,” Knibb said with a glint in her eye. “But she took that race and it’s impressive, and I’m just really happy for her. I was like, ‘Wow, that’s inspiring and exciting’ and you have to be happy, especially for USA Cycling, because they do things well.”

I can’t wait to see the “a silver relay medal gets you a Nice WC slot” thread

Yikes! Sour grapes? A highly technical, rough European course vs a “parking lot” course in LA? She didn’t fair well in Paris. Surely, LA would suit her strengths.Nope. It risks the same unattractive group ride and dash for cash. And I don’t know what you mean by “didn’t fair (sic) well in Paris”. She pulled right back up to Potter. In the individual it was game over at T1 and I assume on the bike and run she just jogged it in, knowing that her (and USA’s) medal chance was in 5 days.

The article quotes her as saying:
“I’m at peace with moving on from World Triathlon, especially in the direction that they are heading,”
@Brooks (on sabbatical) has said that the individual races will move to sprint or some combo thereof so even less chance for a strong biker to take advantage.
“The first thing I said after the individual race is how do we change the course in L.A.? I don’t want to lap around a parking lot in Long Beach. I’m told the IOC has defined it, so if we’re complacent, that’s all OK,” she added. “There are a lot of exciting races out there, so that’s my choice. But if that’s the direction you’re heading and there are no hills, then yes, my bike is my strength and I’m going to own my strength.”
@Ironray : are you happy with a Long Beach ‘parking lot’ course? It meets the 40km criterion and makes the tv coverage easy(er). But for the athletes . . . ? Poll them and I hope the majority would say they’d like ‘interesting’ scenic courses. Except for the weaker bikers who will want courses which maximise their chances of staying on the wheel.

You know this, but there’s already a beta version of the parking lot course. It was called Super League Malibu and anyone can watch past editions of the race on YouTube (there thankfully not being a future edition in sight). It’s not a course that would create separation between athletes, other than through crashes.

Yikes! Sour grapes? A highly technical, rough European course vs a “parking lot” course in LA? She didn’t fair well in Paris. Surely, LA would suit her strengths.Nope. It risks the same unattractive group ride and dash for cash. And I don’t know what you mean by “didn’t fair (sic) well in Paris”. She pulled right back up to Potter. In the individual it was game over at T1 and I assume on the bike and run she just jogged it in, knowing that her (and USA’s) medal chance was in 5 days.

The article quotes her as saying:
“I’m at peace with moving on from World Triathlon, especially in the direction that they are heading,”
@Brooks (on sabbatical) has said that the individual races will move to sprint or some combo thereof so even less chance for a strong biker to take advantage.
“The first thing I said after the individual race is how do we change the course in L.A.? I don’t want to lap around a parking lot in Long Beach. I’m told the IOC has defined it, so if we’re complacent, that’s all OK,” she added. “There are a lot of exciting races out there, so that’s my choice. But if that’s the direction you’re heading and there are no hills, then yes, my bike is my strength and I’m going to own my strength.”
@Ironray : are you happy with a Long Beach ‘parking lot’ course? It meets the 40km criterion and makes the tv coverage easy(er). But for the athletes . . . ? Poll them and I hope the majority would say they’d like ‘interesting’ scenic courses. Except for the weaker bikers who will want courses which maximise their chances of staying on the wheel.

So according to the quotes in her article the bike is her strength (if there’s hills) and Paris was too flat similar to LA. However, a few others have already pointed out where her technical shortcomings on the bike pulled kept Germany in the race on the relay.

A strong cyclist is well rounded in their abilities on the bike, Duffy as a case in for middle distance, 70.3 racing. Not sure Taylor will find the excitement she’s after in T100 for course selection.

She is a phenomenal athlete and hopefully will find the long term focus to remain successful. Interesting to see her with a T100 contract also advocating for discretionary selection for two races in different sport disciplines on the same weekend.

My read on “The first thing I said after the individual race is how do we change the course in L.A." is that the Paris course was awesome in terms of scenery (true by popular consensus) and a parking lot in an LA suburb would be quite the opposite.

Knibb appears to be a person who values experiences and understandably she may not want to spend 4 years, or even the 2 years of the qualification period, preparing for a ride in a parking lot.

Not everything is about “is this course made for performance in terms of my strengths”.

My read on “The first thing I said after the individual race is how do we change the course in L.A." is that the Paris course was awesome in terms of scenery (true by popular consensus) and a parking lot in an LA suburb would be quite the opposite.

Knibb appears to be a person who values experiences and understandably she may not want to spend 4 years, or even the 2 years of the qualification period, preparing for a ride in a parking lot.

Not everything is about “is this course made for performance in terms of my strengths”.

Knibb has asked for a wild card to IM World Champs in Nice so she hasn’t hung around any! She won’t be bothered in finishing off the ITU WCTS.