Taylor Knibb olympic races

Just thought it would be nice to have a thread here beginning with the Time trial. What do we thing are her chances, top 10, maybe even a podium??

I’m leaning on something like 4th or 5th, just because it is her first really big race against everyone. And it is just too dam short too.

We can talk triathlon after this race, well maybe duathlon if the rain comes down like they think…

French tv this morning was saying rain on Friday and Saturday then nice beyond that until at least Wednesday

Just thought it would be nice to have a thread here beginning with the Time trial. What do we thing are her chances, top 10, maybe even a podium??

I’m leaning on something like 4th or 5th, just because it is her first really big race against everyone. And it is just too dam short too.

We can talk triathlon after this race, well maybe duathlon if the rain comes down like they think…

Tomorrow is going to be so exciting… Men and Women ITT at the Olympics and the women’s T100… both happening at the same time.

Currently the forecast is for rain tonight and through the early morning hours in Paris and then cloudy during the afternoon tomorrow. The rain today has been very light.

Knibb’s start time is 14:40:30 local time (8th to go) with the biggest names in women’s cycling going about 25-40mins later, e.g. Kopecky at 15h09 and Vollering at 15h15. Dygert is last to go at 15h21.

If Taylor sets a fast time, she could be in the hot seat for a good while.

What network will air it? Will it be on Peacock?

Likely a minute down on the leaders. No medal.

Good question, I was just assuming it will be on Peacock here, they have most everything. Anyone know for sure?? And of course for our foreign comrades, maybe post up your local olympic cycling watching venues?

And what time here in the US can we catch it live??

Tomorrow is going to be so exciting… Men and Women ITT at the Olympics and the women’s T100… both happening at the same time. //

And dont forget Ledecky, Titmus, and Summer in the 400 free too!!! One of the most anticipated races of the games I would say and it is the kick off and I believe one of the first finals too.

peacock is showing the TT live.

Good question, I was just assuming it will be on Peacock here, they have most everything. Anyone know for sure?? And of course for our foreign comrades, maybe post up your local olympic cycling watching venues?

And what time here in the US can we catch it live??

Just checked and the Peacock coverage begins ~ 8:30am eastern time so 5:30am on your coast.

They are. I have my subscription ready to go!!!

They are. I have my subscription ready to go!!!

Just added mine too:)

8th to go, so she’ll be in first for most of the race.

I have to say the TT is pretty lame for this reason. Has anyone ever tried a blind results time trial race where the subsequent contestants are kept in the dark about prior competitors results?

In Canada, CBC GEM streams every event live. And CBC network has like 22 hours of coverage per day. And none of our coverage will be through drones!

Tomorrow is going to be so exciting… Men and Women ITT at the Olympics and the women’s T100… both happening at the same time. //

And dont forget Ledecky, Titmus, and **Sanders **in the 400 free too!!! One of the most anticipated races of the games I would say and it is the kick off and I believe one of the first finals too.

It’s Summer McIntosh you’re thinking of, not Lionel. He couldn’t hang with these girls. :slight_smile:

And don’t forget Gretchen Walsh in the 100 fly, in which she set the WR at the Trials. She is from Nashville not too far from where I live. I’ve swum at her club pool many times, Nashville Aquatic Club, where the great Tracy Caulkins swam growing up.

Thank you for treating the thread! I was looking for one earlier this morning. Super excited for this race, and I am very bullish on Taylor in this race.

I think top 10 is reasonable, maybe 5th if she has a really good day. Maybe short by your standards, but honestly this is a fairly long time trial by women’s cycling standards! Also OK to do events that are short and fast :stuck_out_tongue:

The names won’t intimidate her; she used to racing against elite athletes. If she rides well and can manage adverse weather, maybe a top 10 behind Van Dyke, Vollering, Kopecky, Longo-Borghini, Brown, Dygert, etc.

I think top 10 is reasonable, maybe 5th if she has a really good day. Maybe short by your standards, but honestly this is a fairly long time trial by women’s cycling standards! Also OK to do events that are short and fast :stuck_out_tongue:

Top 10 would be a great result for her and, though some people here might be disappointed by that, I think it would be fantastic! I’ll take data over desire when it comes to predicting outcomes, and the data suggests Taylor is just not at the level of the front of the women’s field. But…you never know until race day. Weather, flat tires, or just about anything can effect the outcome.

This is Dygert’s race to lose, and this course is tailored made for power and aero, which is why she and Ganna are the likely winners, not to mention the fact that both have spent most of the year training specifically for this and the subsequent track events. But weather may play a part, which is always disappointing. Pre-injury Dygert would embarrass the field on this course and be shooting for a top 15 in the men’s field but, alas, that athlete is long gone. Still Kristin Armstrong will have her ready, and that means Joe Savola will prep her bike, which is a sight to behold unto itself.

Radio Canada app as well same broadcast in french.