T100 World Tour 2025

Miami is out and the French Riviera is in. Not linking to the press release because we don’t find any extra information there, other than that everyone at the PTO is incredibly, I mean incredibly excited.

3 Likes

I am glad that they are starting the season in April rather than March unless they add something else later

March is way too early especially since quite a few of will be ending their season in Dec and really doubt anyone wants to train through winter for a March race. At least they won’t start off with 15 wild cards

Is it still the case that the last race is worth 1.5x points (whether they call it a grand finale or not)

This is great to see. Nice improvement over this seasons schedule. Hopefully there are many more seasons to follow.

So where will the new race take place? Are they using an existing race in the region? There were rumors that they were in negotiations with the town of Frejus earlier this year? The photo from the website and annoucement media pieces is the little town of Villlefranche s/mer near Monaco.

So, like what happened to their “Grand Final” for 2024?

I know you are trolling, but for the uninformed that pop in here the venue wasn’t ready so it was cancelled.

It’ll be interesting to see who fronts up and who doesn’t for both French + San Fran races. Pretty short turn around including fairly decent travel for some athletes.

I believe the French race is south of Nice around Fréjus.

The timings are interesting. Ibiza around the same time as Nice and Las Vegas around the same time as Kona.

“More races to be announced”

That’s embarrassing after 2024

So 7 for 2025 then

You left out the part where they also said they hadn’t gotten permitting done. Emphasis added below.

“While we originally planned for an eight-race series in 2024 and had been exploring some exciting potential venues, a combination of lining up all the approvals and those locations not being quite ready to hold an event befitting the T100 Triathlon World Championship Final made the decision to move the final to Dubai an easy one in the end.”

They actually said they have 5-6 more to be announced in Oct-Nov

Assuming they have 10 races in total, I wonder what the minimum number of events the contracted athletes will be required to race? I doubt if it will be more than 5 plus the grand final. The more races there are, the less likely that each race will have a full lineup which defeats the purpose of the season-long narrative they continue to harp about. I’ve watched all the T100 races this year but can barely recall who’s leading without checking their IG page. I would rather have 4 races in a year plus a grand final and require everyone to be there.

I agree with this. You either do what IM is doing and have many events over the season for people to try and qualify for the world champs, or you have a small number of races and make a big deal out of all of them.

If contracted athletes are required to attend all 4 events, then each one will be basically a world championship caliber event.

Where have they announced this, seriously?

Venue is also not the issue, the issue is PTO. This is the same group of people who rumored Marrakesh as the next location for the Collins Cup and that is now dead. I’m just a cynic.

If they are going to put on 10 races this year, I’m curious what approach they’ll take. More racers and allow a diverse mix of high quality pros or lock those athletes down ever tighter so they can only at best make one or two appearances at IM events.

I think if T100 becomes a walled garden, they risk becoming irrelevant. I think the T100 actually benefits from having their athletes jump around between events as the T100 is still an unknown. The more exposure their racers get at other races just brings that exposure back to the T100 when they line up to race.

Also, having more races and the same number of contracted athletes, means you have more room for wildcards, and more opportunities for World Triathlon short course athletes to dabble into the T100 series. This would make the races very interesting I think. The final series ranking and grand final maybe a bit less so, but it depends how they allocate points and who can qualify for the grand final.

I hope they line up 25+ athletes each race next year.