Support for new forum issues?

I had to create a new account just to ask this. I have been j p o for over 20 years, ever since I forgot the PW for jpo and couldn’t get it reset.

I cannot get logged in with that account, it just spins. When I tried the forgot password link the message says my account does not exist. I see that account names now cannot have spaces. Did that cause issues with existing accounts with spaces?

I don’t really care if I have to create a new account all that much - just wondering if I can get it fixed without too much trouble.

1 Like

so that you know, i’m new to this forum platform, which is discourse. i think if you go back 5 years ago the hot new platform was tapatalk. if you go back a decade, that’s when our forum (the one you were using yesterday) was built. so, i think we’re pretty much state of the art now, but i know NOTHING about how this architecture works. as i do i’ll try to wrangle it down to user friendliness. i would assume anything is on the table, including colors, and the general display. sorting. how to easily to to the most recent post and so on. and including access to all your data (PMs etc). i was not in on the process, and am learning as i go. give us a little time to wrestle this thing.

1 Like

I couldn’t login on my phone. I had to request the log in link email. I’m in now, but not via a password entry.

The anti-flooding software was also kicking the shit out of me when I wasn’t logged in. Basically locking me out.

An issue on presentation: in my phone I can’t see any delineation between quoted text and text added by a poster. Anyone else having this issue/resolved it?

Yeah, I’m cool with waiting. I work in IT, I write up defects when I see them. :slight_smile: Have fun, I know I always really love working on things I have no idea how they work.

I also can’t log in on my computer. Was able to complete email login , but only on my phone. Won’t work on pc using Chrome.

I wanted to quote Gregg66, but couldn’t figure out if there’s a quote function.

I couldn’t log in on my phone, but logged in OK on a desktop.

I also can’t find the Wordle thread!

1 Like

It does appear that there is a quote function, but it does not load the desired quote automatically in your reply. You kind of have to paste it in manually (which takes a lot of steps). Likely this will be fixed?

Yeah, quoting seems to have disappeared. I can’t log in via my desktop computer, but I can get an email login link. Like, will this site eventually accept logins?

Quoting works on a phone.

Hit the return arrow in a post in the thread to respond, then hit the speech bubble top left in the text entry box, and the text you want to quote appears.

Type your text and hit Reply.

Still a work in progress…I logged in via computer before.

I agree. The quote function is probably one of the more commonly used functions and it seems to be more complicated and not streamlined.

I’m also wondering if we’ll get page numbers and post #'s back. That actually helped me immensely when trying to follow along with long threads. I

Thanks Greg!

Bingo, thanks!

I can login with phone and computer with a new account. Can’t do either with the existing.

I’ve been able to login on my Mac in Safari, but not on my iPhone or iPad with Safari on iOS.

I had to establish a new password on my Mac, but the username and password don’t login correctly on mobile.

I wasn’t able to log in with Barks&Purrs (am now Barks_Purrs). But I was able to log in using email.

Maybe you will find success using your email to log in?

It’s was like we all got Banned at once.

2 Likes

After further checking, the login doesn’t seem to be working properly for me on any platform (tried Safari, Firefox, and Chrome on OSX, and Safari on iOS). I had to change my password this morning, but it doesn’t look like that username/password/email connection has saved. I logged out of this computer and tried to log back in, and was unable. I had to use the “skip password, send me a login link” option, rather than resetting my password again.

I’m back baby. The email link got me logged in, except now I have underscores instead of spaces. I’d get rid of them but that username is still out there from 2001 or 2002.

The weirdest thing I’ve seen - while poking around in my own Profile - is that PMs I’d sent almost 20 years ago, and I’d deleted from my mail box showed up again

Only the “Sent” ones

That’s some spooky shit

It also makes me wonder - where’d they go??? And where did those Members go?