Supertri?

Your American, I can tell!
Thought Olivia Matthias did great, she’s a very strong swimmer and cyclist. Shame for her that GTB was busy dragging the others up towards her. GTB is also a great cyclist on this kind of coarse.
GTB does seem to be hitting form now and I wonder if she will now stay short course. Perhaps , if she remains competitive.
Think Beth Potter still has some learning to do with regard to Supertri.Dont think she has ever done great at it. But she is still, in many ways relatively new to the sport.
Think mens Brownlee racing need a strong swimmer in their lineup. Noticed in the first swim that all the other teams seemed to have at least one strong swimmer, to give them an “arrowhead” and some fast feet. In contrast, Brownlee mens team were all stuck at the back in a line. Because although they have some decent swimmers , they are lacking a really strong swimmer to provide fast feet at the start.
Perhaps this will change when Jonny races, as he could be that one strong swimmer

1 Like

2024 supertri E World Triathlon Championship Results: Beth Potter crowned World Champion!

Yes but that is indoor on trainers etc
I meant the outdoor format. Requires more technical skill and not just pure strength

1 Like

She’s the reigning World Champion, so I don’t think she lacks the technical skills necessary to succeed outdoors.

Supertri courses tend to be a lot more technical than , say, Paris.
GTB really seems to shine on technical courses, for instance

1 Like

Wait till you see Toulouse in a month! The crowds are even more impressive there!

2 Likes

tolouse is one of my all time fav races to watch this is the almost perfect 10 race location and atmosphere