Position One Active Wear

Thanks, Dan! I know you know and everyone knows that unless you test suits are individual, but there seems to be some consensus on basic design and sounds like you guys nailed it. I have one of your rear disc wheels, wife has bibs, I am looking at tri suits. More toys, please! lol

Suits are really interesting.

We had some athletes that tested crazy faster, some that are neutral and a few that were a little slower. But it’s hard to tell why one athlete tests differently than another.

There is a consensus on basic design and materials … we also worked hard on the sleeve and how it’s’ set into the shoulder so there are no wrinkles when in aero as well as how the channels line up, cooling fabric on the back - a lot of small touches. In addition, we put the “gel packet” pockets behind the suit on the upper leg so they are out of the air flow.

I think it’s a lot of small things that make a good suit.

Hi Dan - quite interested in the trisuit, and wondering how much of a difference there is between the chamois of the bib and suit? Long distance racing at ~ 6hrs and haven’t ridden that long on a thinner chamois before. May also be on a road bike but with a Tri saddle (bike rental) for this race.

Feedback is appreciated.

It is significantly thinner - about 25% of the thickness of the regular pad. About the same thickness that most companies use on tri suits.

Our regular bid/short pad would be good for 6-8 hours on a bike.

I really don’t know how athletes ride anything more than an Olympic in any brand tri suit:-)

Question about the tri suit. How low does the zipper go? Ie can you pee without taking the top of the suit off?
The pockets - are they large enough to fit Maurten gels? They are pretty good size and will not fit a lot of tri suit pockets.

Thanks for the info. Will need to think through this some more.

You have to drop the shoulders of the tri-suit to pee.

I think you can fit the Maurten gels.

You have to drop the shoulders of the tri-suit to pee.

I think you can fit the Maurten gels.

Got it. Thanks for the uber quick response!

Dan, it looks like the sleeveless base layer shirts don’t have a sizing option in the product details.

I’ll fix that. Thank you. They come in small, medium and large. I’m 6’0” 190 lbs and wear a large.

Should be fixed now. Thank you.

Dan,

Question more on the Premier Bike side. It seems that the bike website hasn’t been updated in a while and that small has been the only size you’ve had in stock for quite some time. Is this an inventory thing, or are you moving more towards the apparel side of the business? Asking as a current Tactical owner.

Thanks!

Thank you for your question.

The dilemma with a new bike began during covid - demand for low end bikes, E-bikes and the change over to disc brakes. Those things really messed up the entire industry.

We own all our own molds on the rim brake Tactical - everything including saddle, wheels, hydration, frame, fork, hardware - everything.

I have all the CAD work done to do a disc brake version but I need to make a few new molds for the fork and rear end to accommodate disc brakes. Then a commitment to a large production run. Both the manufacturing and parts market are very fluid right now. Our Taiwan manufacturing partner is mainly doing aluminum mountain bikes and e-bike now. Many others have moved to Vietnam. China is still a mess. So I’m sitting on the sideline for now.

I have a few bikes in stock and have a lot of spare parts for the rim brake bikes in stock.
We are selling a lot of optimized chains, wheels 700c and 650c as well as bike cases and they are all in stock.

Most people don’t know but we do a lot of private label products for other companies. This started with oil and wax based lubes, wax pellets, optimized chains, and tire sealant in 2020. We do a lot of that work.

I started working on the Active Wear business about 15 months ago. It started out has a quest to fix the saddle sore issues and then continued on to become a full line of cycling products.

We have a great new saddle coming soon as well as a full line of running socks, light weight running hats, shorts and shirts.

Hi Dan, if I wear a medium in Castelli (Rosso Corsa) would I stick with medium in yours? I’m 5’6” and about 170 currently.

I think you should order a small unless you have really large quads. Our sizes are generous.

Dan, some feedback:
Your return policy is for store credit (I’m assuming as a small business its hard for you to give full refund like big brands), but the quality of the pictures on your website is very low.
So difficult for me to give it a try when I can’t really see the product clearly and if it doesn’t work/fit I’m stuck.

Just my 2c

Thanks for your thoughts.

If they are unwarn ( still have tags) and you don’t like them or the fit I’m happy to take them back and refund you.

Ordered pair last week. Received them shipped to me (in Alaska) in 5 days. I ride a kickr bike set up like my tri bike with an ism saddle. I have to had to keep switching back to road saddle and road position though because I was having trouble getting comfortable on the tri saddle indoors - where I have no problem riding my tri bike with that saddle outdoors. To solve the discomfort issue, I tried a rocker plate but the rocker plate unfortunately made me sea sick, so after two rides, the bike came off the rocker plate. Wish I knew about the bike shorts before I blew $650 on the rocker plate.

I think the shorts solved the problem.The shorts are really nicely made with nice material and worked great. I wore them Saturday for an hour long ride, and liked them so much I did a load of laundry so I could have them again for my Sunday long ride. They worked very well for 2:40 stationary long ride with ism saddle. I highly recommend.

Thanks for your thoughts.

If they are unwarn ( still have tags) and you don’t like them or the fit I’m happy to take them back and refund you.

Thanks Dan. For 5’11’', 155lib do you recommend size medium?
Would be great if you put higher res pics for the tri suit (the bibs have good quality pics, looks like its just the suits), I may give that a try as well.

thank you

Yes - medium.

We are working on the images - I agree :slight_smile: