Olympic Swimming Fans and fishes, here we go!

Cam McEvoy with a good one too (21.34)

Holy cow…Titmus & O’Callaghan both well under the 200 free WR.///

Ya I think we can lock up that 4x200 relay now, they will be miles ahead of 2nd place. Hopefully the US gets enough ladies in the 1;55 range to vie for that spot too… Cam has made his claim on that 50 for sure, can we see Dresel getting close to old form to give him a good go? Well know in a couple weeks!!

So lets make this an all encompassing thread about all the countries trials and chit chat about our favorite swimmers

As much as I respect the swimming, I pick my favorite men from an eye candy perspective. I will need a ruling on whether my Olympic Hotties thread belongs on the main forum or the LR

I know a certain lady who cleaned up in her Fantasy Football league based on her picking the guys with the nicest smile. Soooooo…it’s legit.

Anyone have any opinions about the pool? It has already been purchased by a local group, and they are in process of planning a facility to put it in.

Changing of the guard in the women 100m Free. 7 of the 8 finalists under Swimming Australia’s qualifying time. Cate Campbell not making the final, Emma McKeon the reigning Olympic champion only 6th in the final, so not even making the final relay team (may swim for the relay in the heats though).

So lets make this an all encompassing thread about all the countries trials and chit chat about our favorite swimmers, and those doing extraordinary things pre games…

So been following the Aussie trials and Titmus just missed her WR in the 400 by a few 1/100’s. So there is the first piece of an all time epic 400 showdown, as Summer has shown her form(400IM world record last month), and we get Ledecky coming up in a couple weeks. Imagine a couple more will pop in with sub 4 minute trial swims too, but those 3 are going to be really fun to watch.

Kaylee McKeown blasted a 2;06+ 200IM, half second off world record. I think there are probably going to be 3 to 5 ladies coming with 2;06+ times, that even is going to be nuts. Most likely someone on the US team will be left off with a 2;07+, that would be brutal…

Short and Winnington did what they needed to sprint finish the 400 final in 3;43. Wonder if that was a full taper?? Feels like sub 3;40 could be in the cards to take the win this year and finally break two records going back to 2002…Biedermann’s 3;40;07WR and Thorpe’s 3;40;08 commonwealth, set in 09 and 02 suit eras.

Stubblety-Cook missed the team in the 100 breast, bit of a shocker. Might not bode well for that 400 medley relay, although Williamson stepped up with a high 58 to take top honors. Going to be a lot of disappointment from favorites on this team, but more so on the US team for sure…

Emma McKeown doing her thing in the 100 fly with 56 high. Man I remember when that time was unheard of, and now probably take that to make the olympic final. Lots of 56’s to come for sure, maybe even a couple 55+'s…

Check out the time-lapse of the football stadium being turned into the Olympic Trials pool. Pretty crazy. We have one of our local swimmers there competing.

https://youtu.be/OCQC90PggIY?si=l4XCmXD-K21KGzyx

Holy cow…Titmus & O’Callaghan both well under the 200 free WR.

Going into the meet I thought the us women had a shot at the 4 x 2 and no shot at the 4 x 1

Now it’s the opposite.

Overall This hasn’t been a good meet for the aussies. It’s been incredible for a few of their stars.

So lets make this an all encompassing thread about all the countries trials and chit chat about our favorite swimmers, and those doing extraordinary things pre games…

So been following the Aussie trials and Titmus just missed her WR in the 400 by a few 1/100’s. So there is the first piece of an all time epic 400 showdown, as Summer has shown her form(400IM world record last month), and we get Ledecky coming up in a couple weeks. Imagine a couple more will pop in with sub 4 minute trial swims too, but those 3 are going to be really fun to watch.

Kaylee McKeown blasted a 2;06+ 200IM, half second off world record. I think there are probably going to be 3 to 5 ladies coming with 2;06+ times, that even is going to be nuts. Most likely someone on the US team will be left off with a 2;07+, that would be brutal…

Short and Winnington did what they needed to sprint finish the 400 final in 3;43. Wonder if that was a full taper?? Feels like sub 3;40 could be in the cards to take the win this year and finally break two records going back to 2002…Biedermann’s 3;40;07WR and Thorpe’s 3;40;08 commonwealth, set in 09 and 02 suit eras.

Stubblety-Cook missed the team in the 100 breast, bit of a shocker. Might not bode well for that 400 medley relay, although Williamson stepped up with a high 58 to take top honors. Going to be a lot of disappointment from favorites on this team, but more so on the US team for sure…

Emma McKeown doing her thing in the 100 fly with 56 high. Man I remember when that time was unheard of, and now probably take that to make the olympic final. Lots of 56’s to come for sure, maybe even a couple 55+'s…

Check out the time-lapse of the football stadium being turned into the Olympic Trials pool. Pretty crazy. We have one of our local swimmers there competing.

https://youtu.be/…?si=l4XCmXD-K21KGzyx

That is amazing. I am shocked they can just build something like that so quick that is strong enough to withstand the force of the water. Certainly hope that it stays in tact for the trials! It makes me wonder why pools are so expensive-just use this model and be done.

https://youtu.be/…?si=l4XCmXD-K21KGzyx

That is amazing. I am shocked they can just build something like that so quick that is strong enough to withstand the force of the water. Certainly hope that it stays in tact for the trials! It makes me wonder why pools are so expensive-just use this model and be done.

Our new facility has the Olympic pool from the last Olympics. It was tore down and has a permanent home here in Ocala, Florida now. I can’t tell it’s modular when swimming in it. I mean there are seems across the bottom but I have no idea how they did it so it doesn’t leak. It looks identical to this setup in the video with the practice pool and competition pool.

Going into the meet I thought the us women had a shot at the 4 x 2 and no shot at the 4 x 1
Now it’s the opposite.
Overall This hasn’t been a good meet for the aussies. It’s been incredible for a few of their stars.//

Ya there seems to be no scenario aside from a jump where the Aussie women do not crush that 4x200. Outside chance to take them down in the 4x100, but even there looks bleak.

And may have to amend my OP on the US women 100 fly. In the 1st prelim we have 55+ and 2 56’s. It is quite possible a 55+ is going to be left off this event!!! Crazy when you think that our 3rd lady could be 4th fastest in the world and just not get to swim it, even on a relay prelim…

Can’t wait for tonight to see if Ledecky is rested much or not. She doesnt need to be, one of the few in the world that doesnt. We dont have any challengers in her 200/400/800/1500 events, so she can actually swim this meet tired. Wouldn’t be the case if she were an Aussie though, man they got some freestylers all the way down…

Well the US medley relay just got a lot stronger, Gretchen just crushes the WR in the 100 fly in prelims, coming so close to breaking 55. I think we may be seeing the first woman to beat Mark Spitz’s 100 fly WR gold medal in 72. And my later prediction is already true, someone is going 55+ and not going to the games, as he first 3 have already done that…

This bodes well for our 4x100 relay too, gonna need that kind of speed in those 100 frees to keep up with the Aussies…

So Ledecky punches her ticked easily with a 3;58+. A good time if she is not really rested, just means she is still in the conversation come Paris time. I think Summer only did a 3;59 in her trials, but then of course redeemed herself with that 400IMWR at the end…Dont see how anyone beats Titmus if she is on, you can just see that Katie works harder to move through the water and the 400 is now considered more of a sprint than a distance event, so the good feel folks are taking over now that they work just about as hard as Katie…

Besides Gretchen’s 100 fly, the swim of the night was Shackel winning the 400. A 19 and 17 year old went 3:45 and 3:46 - I feel like we are heading into another Lochte Phelps era.

Ya as a country we have been sheite at that 400. We have had the best from the 50 to 200, lately had the 800 and 1500, but that 400 has been wide open for a newcomer to get in there and have a go…But still going to have to make some big drops I’m afraid to be competitive, I really think it is going to take a 3;40 flat just to podium this time around. And Finke is a lot like Ledecky as compared to the rest of the world, he really needs that 800 and up to show his real prowess.

Thought with a 100 to go if he did his Finke thing he could actually take it, but it is just too much of a sprint anymore, and the early fast paces dont allow him to come home like he does in the longer races. Funny how that works…

I believe Ocala bought the warm-up pool from the last trials. The competition pool was bought by a group in Minneapolis for phase 2 of their project. They just opened phase 1 and are still fundraising for phase 2.

Nothing like swimming a world record but still needing to back it up in finals to make the team. I hope she has more tonight!

I believe Ocala bought the warm-up pool from the last trials. The competition pool was bought by a group in Minneapolis for phase 2 of their project. They just opened phase 1 and are still fundraising for phase 2.

Ah, you are correct. My wife also confirmed I am wrong, lol.

Nothing like swimming a world record but still needing to back it up in finals to make the team. I hope she has more tonight! //

No kidding. But she has shown that she ups her game at each level, did that an NCAA’s this year like no one else in the womens field. That’s why I even mentioned that old WR of Spitz, she is now less than .9 away, a time drop that now seems possible between tonight and the actual games. how crazy is that…She is swimming a fly 100 time that would make most peoples 4x100 relays, in free!!!

And if she does take it, no doubt Huske will be there close behind, and plenty fast enough to be on the prelim swim in the 4x100 medley. How sweet will it be for the coach to have possibly the two fastest in the world to fill out your relay’s. I think maybe the women do the 100 fly on the mixed relays too, so perhaps more medal opportunities for each of them…

Big news around here from this mornings prelim swims, local masters swimmer(46 years old) qualified for the semi finals in the womens 100 breast, and was not the last qualifier!!! Gabby Rose is a bit of a phenom around here in our masters meets, often beating most of the men. She had a hard time making the trial qualifying time, but dropped over a second in the prelims to go 1;08.4 and get a spot going forward. How crazy will it be if she actually made a final!!!

It was a big deal at her age to just be able to show up to this meet, not grabbing it by the balls… (-;

Big news around here from this mornings prelim swims, local masters swimmer(46 years old) qualified for the semi finals in the womens 100 breast, and was not the last qualifier!!! Gabby Rose is a bit of a phenom around here in our masters meets, often beating most of the men. She had a hard time making the trial qualifying time, but dropped over a second in the prelims to go 1;08.4 and get a spot going forward. How crazy will it be if she actually made a final!!!

It was a big deal at her age to just be able to show up to this meet, not grabbing it by the balls… (-;

It was amazing to see. A “one I’ll always remember” sports highlight for me personally.