Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…

Shame LCB is injured. I was really looking forward to seeing if she could sort her bike leg out and how good she could be.

Has she wrote her chances off already for Paris, that GB women’s team is absolute nails to get into.

Men’s 1. Wilde 2. Yee 3. Luis
Women’s 1. Duffy 2. Beaugrand 3. Knibb

Do you expect Beaugrand to be able to hold the wheels of a Duffy/Knibb duo? She looked great indoors but there wasn’t any bike handling involved.

I’m not sure a break will stick, or enough to make a difference, she did look another level at SL so I’m expecting her to factor, maybe she outruns Knibb is what I’m completely guessing.

On the other hand she defo makes front pack, but gets spat out, ends up I’m no man’s land and her head drops and she comes no where is likely.

I’m not sure a break will stick, or enough to make a difference, she did look another level at SL so I’m expecting her to factor, maybe she outruns Knibb is what I’m completely guessing.

On the other hand she defo makes front pack, but gets spat out, ends up I’m no man’s land and her head drops and she comes no where is likely.

If I remember correctly, Knibb’s last foray in Yokohama involved her riding off the front with impunity. Duffy was not there that day and I can only imagine if she was, the duo would have gone to town even more effectively. It will be fun to see if they’re on form and if so can GTB, Spivey or Beaugrand can hold their wheels.

Who are you picking anyway? Instead of picking my predictions to bits!

Anyone know if I can watch this live on BBC Iplayer?

it looks like the women are delayed until 9:16pm est.

That was the original start time…Was it not?
I’m expecting the race to go off in 55 minutes.

The broadcast is up and running. The rain doesn’t look to daunting at this point. The ocean looks for smooth swim conditions as well.

Yeah, I don’t think it was as bad as forecasted. I’m hoping everyone stays upright!

Yeah, I don’t think it was as bad as forecasted. I’m hoping everyone stays upright!

Fingers crossed for that too. It’s my experience that there always seem to be more flats when it’s wet which make things especially sketchy staying upright.

OK it’s difficult to know where everyone’s run is at this point but I’m going 1.Duffy 2. GTB 3. Peroiot

GTB hasn’t looked good in SL but she’s looking really strong so far (or maybe she’s been at the front a lot on the bike cos her runs not there)

It’ll be a tight run for sure. I have no clue. I suspect Lombardia and Kingma will be strong.

Not going to get too excited, but GTB has dropped everyone and its not like her to go off to fast, who expected this after the average SL performance?

GTB has 7 secs on a group of Duffy, Lombordi, Kingma and Perioit after lap 1.

GTB caught but not passed, all in the same group still on lap 2, GTB gone back to the front of the group.

This is tight! All five in a group, 4k in.

Masterclass from GTB, this could be the year she completely breaks through and maybe gives Duffy a run for her money.

That Lomardi is only 20, definitely one for the future 4th on her debut in WTS.

That Lomardi is only 20, definitely one for the future 4th on her debut in WTS.

Heh, I called it :slight_smile:

Judging what we’ve just seen I think we’re going to get one huge pack come off at T2, not enough fire power in a swim front pack on the bike to make things stick I don’t think.