Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…

Roads are drying up. I imagine they guys will be much more grouped up as a result, and hopefully less crashes.

Wilde and Yee have dropped everyone just into the 2nd lap.

Although Wilde seems to be in the better form and more race fit, always seems to go off fast and fade, my moneys on Yee.

Epic battle between Yee and Wilde, Yee takes until the blue carpet to drop Wilde, Wildes first podium in a WTS race, mental considering he’s an Olympic bronze medalist!

Good call.
Those two were class of the field.

It’s not common when the women’s race is tighter with 2k to go than the men’s race.

Hopefully no one is too banged up from the crashes today.

2 British Golds, trying to remember if that’s happened before and doesn’t ring a bell?

Yee’s run clocking in at 28:50…

2 British Golds, trying to remember if that’s happened before and doesn’t ring a bell?

Ali/Jodie in Kitzbuhel, seem to recall Non/Jonny at some point as well.

Very composed by Yee.

Sat in while Wilde did all the work dropping the field for 3 laps, then that little surge to a feed station to grab a water to give it to Wilde, sporting but a very clear ‘I’m comfy’ message.

Luis injured again? - saw him pulled up literally as I switched on.

Very composed by Yee.

Sat in while Wilde did all the work dropping the field for 3 laps, then that little surge to a feed station to grab a water to give it to Wilde, sporting but a very clear ‘I’m comfy’ message.

Luis injured again? - saw him pulled up literally as I switched on.

Looked pretty easy from Yee in the end. Wonder if these two are gonna dominate in the absence of KB?

GTB showing her all-round class once again. Disappointed for BP seemed out of sorts but needs to improve bike handling. 11th still decent.

Is it just me or was the run short?

Who’s BP?

Beth Potter

Ahh yes, she actually got outrun by a Spaniard I’d never heard of, I think she’ll get better as the season goes.

Yee’s run clocking in at 28:50…

What was Mola and Alistair doing back in the day?

Beth Potter to have a lead pack swim is a massive improvement. Did something happen in the pack for her to suddenly go back so quick?

My takes:

1. Taylor Spivey had a brilliant race as a comeback from 6 months of injury
  2. The Italian in 4th for her WTS debut is just awesome
  3. Most of the major players looked good for 1st race of the season
  4. Yee extremely intelligent running but 35 sec off lead pack swim?
  5. Gutted for Beaugrand 1st out of swim and taken out by someone totally beyond her control
  6. Gutted for Luis not sure if he came to race carrying an injury
  7. Knibb looked out of sorts but it is a long season and I think come the World Champs she will be one to beat

Paris is a long way away!!!

Beth Potter to have a lead pack swim is a massive improvement. Did something happen in the pack for her to suddenly go back so quick?

Stomach problems she has said on Instagram

just a reminder for those who plan on watching it over the weekend: the men’s race is first (it starts in just a few hours!!). If you watch the women’s race first on replay they will likely tell you the result of the men’s race. Are you certain about that? Did they change the schedule? I see the women’s race as being first both on the official schedule as well as TriathlonLive.

Thanks so much for this. My TriathlonLive listed the mens first in “up coming” races.

Ahh yes, she actually got outrun by a Spaniard I’d never heard of, I think she’ll get better as the season goes.

She is 2 times olimpian…

My takes:

1. Taylor Spivey had a brilliant race as a comeback from 6 months of injury
  2. The Italian in 4th for her WTS debut is just awesome
  3. Most of the major players looked good for 1st race of the season
  4. Yee extremely intelligent running but 35 sec off lead pack swim?
  5. Gutted for Beaugrand 1st out of swim and taken out by someone totally beyond her control
  6. Gutted for Luis not sure if he came to race carrying an injury
  7. Knibb looked out of sorts but it is a long season and I think come the World Champs she will be one to beat

Paris is a long way away!!!

Lombardi may be an Italian name, but she’s French and races for France.

Knibb needs to get away on the bike to have any chance against this caliber of runners. Not always possible, especially now that the others know her and what she’s capable of.

V. Luis: he was already struggling to keep pace on the bike, so I think more likely to be an illness than injury? Or some injury impacting both ride and run.

Beaugrand: yes unlucky for her, this said there’s a risk about hanging near the back of groups all the time. This is something she still needs to work on, be more comfortable riding in a pack or small group, while being strong enough to contribute to it. She has all other things to the top level, so I’m sure that’ll be her focus ahead of Paris in the next couple of years.

Louis said he was having crazy heart beat on swim and ride and felt weird so pulled out. No injury.