Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…

I think GB Tri are sweating on the mens side. Yee is top notch but no one close behind. Hopefully, Ben is going to be doing some WCs and getting some top tier starts again.

Well they still have Jonny Brownlee for this Olympic cycle. And other young guys coming through too (Dan Dixon). Whatever happened to Ben Dijkstra?

It’s a lot cooler in Yokohama than it was in Singapore.
If anything, people may get cold if it rains as much as forecasted.

It’s a lot cooler in Yokohama than it was in Singapore.
If anything, people may get cold if it rains as much as forecasted.

Ha ha it rains alot in Scotland too! 25 degrees is balmy!

Ben is back from a serious injury. He will be doing some WCs to get a WTS start.

Not sure JB has got another Olympic cycle in him. Dixon is an excellent prospect, fantastic swimmer ride isn’t quite there but run def isn’t there. He is young and has a brilliant future but will Paris be too soon?

LOL

By the way, first time I came to ST I was surprised that an “ITU thread” existed. Isn’t it like opening a “long course thread” and expecting people to discuss all matters long course tri in that thread? I mean we have “Lionel ate blueberries for breakfast” and “Kristian has a fugly bike” type threads for long course. What gives?

Shame LCB is injured. I was really looking forward to seeing if she could sort her bike leg out and how good she could be.

Jonny Brownlee is doing Commonwealths and that’s it as far as I’m aware?

Jonny Brownlee is doing Commonwealths and that’s it as far as I’m aware?

I find that a strange one. I can only imagine he is giving 70.3 a serious go, which so far has been a bit of a disaster.

Jonny is on the Leeds start list with Yee and Sheldon, though it is a month away (mixed relay event as well)

I thought it odd he’s not going to race any ITU in the lead up to Commonwealths but as someone has pointed out he’s on the Leeds start list.

I always thought he’d so very well at IM/70.3 but it’s not been a great start for him, wasn’t a strong field at challange grand canaria, he should have won that with his pedigree.

Jonny is on the Leeds start list with Yee and Sheldon, though it is a month away (mixed relay event as well)

Good Commonwealth training.

I thought it odd he’s not going to race any ITU in the lead up to Commonwealths but as someone has pointed out he’s on the Leeds start list.

I always thought he’d so very well at IM/70.3 but it’s not been a great start for him, wasn’t a strong field at challange grand canaria, he should have won that with his pedigree.

Yeh a 30th, 6th and 9th is pretty much disastrous. I’d stay at ITU until Paris as he can still be competitive, if maybe not a winner.

I think he’s got a better chance in Paris than Kona or 70.3 worlds going on his last performances at the distances, he was right in the mix at Superleague also.

I think he’s got a better chance in Paris than Kona or 70.3 worlds going on his last performances at the distances, he was right in the mix at Superleague also.

100%.

Whether or not he still has the raw bike power/run pace to create the opportunities for the win, I’m not too sure. But isn’t exactly a spring chicken anymore so doing well to still be in that top 5 mix after so many years.

Can someone remind me what type of course Yokohama is before I make my predictions? From memory, very flat not very break friendly and it’ll be hot non wetsuit?

you’ve got the basics.

Mens podium McDowell, Wilde, Bergere
Women’s podium will be Duffy Knibb and Spivey

Probably to pro USA. Which has more to do with familiarity than bias.

just a reminder for those who plan on watching it over the weekend: the men’s race is first (it starts in just a few hours!!). If you watch the women’s race first on replay they will likely tell you the result of the men’s race.

just a reminder for those who plan on watching it over the weekend: the men’s race is first (it starts in just a few hours!!). If you watch the women’s race first on replay they will likely tell you the result of the men’s race. Are you certain about that? Did they change the schedule? I see the women’s race as being first both on the official schedule as well as TriathlonLive.

just a reminder for those who plan on watching it over the weekend: the men’s race is first (it starts in just a few hours!!). If you watch the women’s race first on replay they will likely tell you the result of the men’s race.

This annoys the hell out of me! BBC manage to do this all the time.

Men’s 1. Wilde 2. Yee 3. Luis
Women’s 1. Duffy 2. Beaugrand 3. Knibb