New Trek Speed Concept

This is the one I have… see attachment. The part number is there for the mono and dual.

page 22

https://retailerassetsprd.blob.core.windows.net/techassets/TK_SpeedConcept_MY22_ServiceManual_Rev1_Mar2022.pdf?sv=2018-03-28&ss=bfqt&srt=sco&sp=r&se=2062-03-20T02:32:45Z&st=2019-03-19T18:32:45Z&spr=https&sig=UogJIteiFltPX66np2M0a3esSu1uZzABYHTFInUlT%2Fo%3D

Edit: Here’s a photo of the mount

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/AM-JKLVH0k7nlccgkrioXNj_Rbq4gGd3lBW9I5Ipr39gojAN_QiFoYbbD0p3FD8KkfN1g3knh4QMC_8N6K9Lt8JPtG82XrcAs16FBR-8sB0IgILnZgkAEZ-gbc2fcQqolJbVSiJUNYwq7raRoBXZfjrEkf84pA=w703-h937-no?authuser=0

Look at you with your BTA mount! I was just looking at carbon fiber sheets on Amazon and figuring out thickness I need for it to be sturdy. Great job!

Look at you with your BTA mount! I was just looking at carbon fiber sheets on Amazon and figuring out thickness I need for it to be sturdy. Great job!

I went with 2 mm. There’s definitely some play in the mount when getting a bottle in and out. I think it should hold up ok for a while but unsure about long term. Time will tell.

What arm cups are those? My stock ones only have two sets of bolt holes so there is very little adjustability.

What arm cups are those? My stock ones only have two sets of bolt holes so there is very little adjustability.

51 speedshop. The stock arm cups are terrible.

Yes! Perfect! I see it!

So, um, now where the heck do I buy one? Google and Trek website searches for either part number come up with nothing? Should I ask my local shop to get it for me?

HJS?

Thanks!

Yes talk to your local trek dealer and they should be able to order it. Assuming it’s available…

Has anyone here who has a SLR 9 bought Zipp 858 NSW to replace the Aeolus RSL? Im debating between buying Zipps and selling the RSLs or sticking with them. I know Trek claims a large percentage of time saved over previous model is from the wheels themselves. Also RSLs have DT Swiss 240 hubs whereas Zipps designed their own Conviction hubs. Interesting technology with the free wheel disengaging while coasting to reduce friction. Thanks for anyone’s thoughts.

Yeah go to your trek dealer. Both were in stock as of last week. Not cheap though!

My dilemma, I am addicted to Q Rings, user since 2008. I am desperate to find a set that is compatible with the Shimano 12 speed. I am so accustomed to the oval ring I can’t ride my new Speed Concept without significant knee pain.

Has anyone tried the downtube bottle yet? The flow through the nozzle is pretty poor.

Is there anywhere in the US that has a Large in stock currently?

I’ve tried it several times and I find the accessing /replacing it awkward, and the nozzle pretty leaky. At first I thought the flow was really slow but then I realized I hadn’t pulled the nozzle all the way out. After that the flow was fine other than being really leaky. Looks cool and holds a decent amount of liquid though 🤷🏻‍♂️

D5627F39-141A-44A1-925B-45475811A0B7.jpeg
461527E1-9EDF-48EC-98FC-F50C5070CD44.jpeg

Which arm pads from 51 speed shop are those? Thinking about upgrading but want to get ones that are definitely compatible.

I was shocked to see the SC at my shop this morning when I dropped by to get my kid a new bike for his b-day. It was a beautiful bike was the blue/black combo. I’d have ordered the exact bike too, if I had 14k laying around.

I was surprised how small the small was. It seemed much smaller than I would have thought. Makes me wonder if I ever get one, if I’d need the large. Not for me to worry about now!

On another note, the top tube storage was small and the downtime storage was shockingly small. I’m hoping that with an increase in frame size there is also an increase in storage available?

Lastly, the bike weight seems impressive. Glad it isn’t a tank.

Enjoy your bikes guys.

Which arm pads from 51 speed shop are those? Thinking about upgrading but want to get ones that are definitely compatible.

They only sell one version of arm cups.

https://51-speedshop.com/collections/products-for-speed/products/arm-cups

I have recently purchased the new SC, it came with Durace, but the power crank is not available yet. Will my 11 speed power crank work on the new bike??

I’ve tried it several times and I find the accessing /replacing it awkward, and the nozzle pretty leaky. At first I thought the flow was really slow but then I realized I hadn’t pulled the nozzle all the way out. After that the flow was fine other than being really leaky. Looks cool and holds a decent amount of liquid though 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thanks. I just figured out that the nozzle wasn’t fully pulled out. Much better flow. But agree that it does leak a bit.

Shimano 11 speed chain rings will work with 12 speed.